• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Splatoon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not knowledgeable on Splatoon I'll say that right off the bat. But I'm commenting because some of stuff said in this thread are really weird to me.

>Scaling a weapon to its battery

I went to the Inklings upgrade thread Weekly linked and it was disagreed with there

Idk about scaling the entire output of his battery to his stats. We got nuclear powered battleships and submarines and stuff, but that doesn't make the weapons besides the actual nukes stop being tiers 9 and 8.~Wokistan

Electro isn't a vehicle. This means that it would actually reasonably scale to durability, and thus since Spiderman hurts him physically and he can hurt Spiderman he scales either way. You'll also notice the calcer adjusted the numbers to compensate for how him using all the energy at once makes no sense.

With vehicles with powerful batteries, they don't necessarily inheret thst same durability because batteries are specifically meant to not ruin what you out them in. The energy is utilized in a way that isn't supposed to be damaging the vehicle or being exposed to the wrong places. When stuff like that does happen, you get catastrophic mechanical failures. Nuclear subs aren't tier 7 in dura just because nuclear reactors.
~Wok again when Electro was brought up.

After that The Egg Robot was brought up and he had this to say

Yeah that kinda doesn't make any sense. Batteries shouldn't have their entire outputs count towards AP/dura.

At least eggrobo can still just scale to Sonic via being the final boss.

After that there was a brief discussion on Sonic ratings but no real counterargument was brought against the Egg Robot rating being illegitimate

>Using total energy not energy per second

This was also disagreed with

Scaling somethings AP to it's battery makes no sense unless they can release it all at once in an attack, and real world is more reliable then how sonic is scaled, only one of the twp is unarguably true after all.

So unless there is a reason to scale it to what amounts to stamina, it shouldn't scale. I'll make a question and answers board, and if needed a crt, about sonic later.
~Ricsi-viragosi

Unless it can release it all at once, it in no way scales to AP, and I also doubt you can scale dura directly since tecnology can be made to be more conductive without being durable.~Ricsi again

And it's how electri's powers work. But I will downfrade him and pete. He never released it all at once despite seemingly trying. And peter never once harmed him. So he doesn't scale at all.~Ricsi yet again

And if you're wondering, yes Electro did get downgraded, with Ricsi's support.

And even ignoring Ricsi's arguments, we do in fact take time needed to perform a feat into consideration. It's why heat releasing feats are explicitly stated to only be the amount of energy released in a unit time in the Calculations page.

And as for how this discussion around this feat ended

"Dont worry, we moved past that and found another feat they scale to"~Weekly

>Scaling a battery being a wiki standard

It's at least not an officially recognized standard and even if it's how things are usually done that means nothing other than the common practice likely being wrong. If there's a logical argument disproving the " A weapon scales to the battery" idea then it shouldn't be used, common practice or not.

I'm neutral here, but I do need to point out that characters don't generally scale from a battery's full energy unless they're shown to be capable of outputting all of that energy into a single attack. Terminator isn't physically Large Town level+ for that reason. But actually, energy per second feats are case by case. We do use the total energy that was implemented in the attack so as long as they take the full impact. For example, taking a continuous 10 megajoule per second bolt or beam for a whole minute is 600,000,000 Joules.

As for Pearl's feat, it was agreed that her using Killer Wail is legit as long as she's the one using it, but it can go two ways. One can argue that Killer Wail is only that strong when she uses it, but that inherently suggests how powerful her own voice is, and I doubt other Inklings such as Marina are any weaker than her. Then if Killer Wail as a tool holds most of the weight, then other Special Weapons shouldn't be that much weaker either. That being said, adding a "+" sign from feats that have no calcs is pretty bad even with backwards scaling.

@DDM There were arguments brought up to say Pearl should have a stronger Wail than others, I don't know how legit they are tho since this is an unfamiliar verse.

To resummarize my argument that Pearl's Killer Wail is stronger than a normal one:

• Pearl's voice was powerful enough to damage a venue even as a child, which was noteworthy enough to get into the news
  • Marina mentions that Pearl has to be the one to use the Killer Wail, and even Pearl acts like it would be difficult for her to pull off the feat
  • Pearl yells directly into her Killer Wail to add power to it, normal Inklings don't do this at all
  • The beam produced by Pearl's Killer Wail is several times larger than the beam produced by a normal Killer Wail
Now, according to Weekly, the Inkling page is a composite of all Inklings. So Pearl's City level ranking would still be on the page. I'm just asking to change it to an "at most" since Pearl's Killer Wail is the strongest one we've seen in the series.

I do want to question why we only have a species page for representing the main characters of a verse. Was creating individual profiles for the important characters not possible?

Weekly did say Pearl will have a profile soon, but I agree the Inklings should have their own profiles instead of compositing them.

If we are taking that route, Agent 4 and 8 can likely share a profile (or at the very least the powers and skills), Agent 3, however, should be closer to a composite (as that one appears in both games).

A few pages I feel we could use:

• Agent 3
  • Pearl
  • Agent 4/8
  • Team Blue (from the manga)
There's plenty more people in the manga who do have feats, obviously, but I don't think we need to create tens of unecessary pages that all come down to "somewhat scales to Team Blue".

Look guys it's quite simple

Well not really

Durability: (World level) Able to survive a flood that wiped out the human population according to sunkern scrolls (Infinite???) Spawn point in multiplayer matches enable an impenetrable force field as you could cover it in ink for the rest of eternity and nothing would happen

Also they can live for a long time as they have survived for at least around 12000 years

Attack: (Wall level at least) Can destroy large metal robot (World level +) Can create a machine the penetrate Inklings if touched -Spawn point- Inklings have durability as mentioned before so this must be hard

Now the important bit

Intelligence: (Fourth Wall awareness) Amiibo Inklings know that they are in a game

As mentioned before

The spawn point that they created is a force field that penetrates anything that touches it. Creating this while things like humans and stuff like video games were buried (shown in sunken scroll must take skill)

They also outsmarted a being made by humans that not only resurrected from the flood but could also destroy inkopolis.

If you guys watch animation rewind you may have seen that he says that bendy can beat Inkling and even though this was prior splatoon 2 Inklings could obliterate bendy

TBC

How old are you? This is... not within the site´s standards at all

Let me put clear some stuff

1: It´s called Planet level, not "World" level, please check the Tiering System page

2: That was already denied, and wiping the world is usually High 6-A (Multi Continent level) rather than 5-B (Planet level)

3: The Breaking the Fourth Wall is not something applicable to intelligence for the most part, and this case it definitely can´t apply, especially considering there´s no proof that it was cano to begin with

4: Please don´t use statements from other sites/outside the wiki around here to use them as proof, they have very different standards than the ones the wiki has.

If anything, you would be better explaining such arguments so they may be evaluated to see if they can be used here

I don´t blame you, your username speaks by itself

Please contact me at my message wall for more information

I think that Podonklos seems to make sense above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back