• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man vs Po (Marvel Comics vs Kung Fu Panda) (GRACE)

The battle of the high 8-c Deku crushers!!! (relax its a joke)
base spidey vs Post-KFP2/Legends of Awesomeness Po is used (both are high 8-c)
speed equal

parker: 7

po:

incon:

inb4 stomp

Last edited:
Can we make an argument for Po having a skill advantage?
Don’t think so, Spider-Man nulled combat advantage of a skilled fighter who literally knew everything that was ever gonna happen in a fight due to their broken precognition, and turned it into an infinite inconclusive, by sheer fighting skill, not to mention the decade of heavily varied battle experience he possesses.

And I don’t believe Spidey ever really sticks around for melee regardless, he either does hit-and-run, or just ranged webspam.

He needs to actually land the skaDOOSH though. I mean spidey wouldn't be expecting it, but I still don't think that's an easy move to use.
… I mean he would be expecting it. Spider-Sense exists.

And Spidey just needs to web him up, something he does as an opening move.

are there any more arguments for Po that we've missed? I haven't actually seen the show just watched the movies

I actually have another question.

It would be unconventional as heck but if Po were stuck in Spidey’s webs, would he be able to skadoosh himself and then return shortly after to escape the webs?

It would be unconventional as heck but if Po were stuck in Spidey’s webs, would he be able to skadoosh himself and then return shortly after to escape the webs?
I'm pretty sure he can't skadoosh himself, only skadoosh someone while holding them to come with.

I’m sorry but out of curiosity why are they dumb and wankish?

Inventing mechanics where they are not

And then you have the weirdass claim that Po can lock Spider-Man in anything and seal him.

Inventing mechanics where they are not

And then you have the weirdass claim that Po can lock Spider-Man in anything and seal him.
Okay that ONE idea was a bit much, I’ll admit that, I only suggested it cause Po is something of an unconventional fighter and comes up with his own stuff to begin with.

Not sure what you mean with the second part though. Are you referring to the Wuxi finger hold sending Spider-Man to the spirit realm and calling THAT a wankish point?

Last edited:
Asking if Po can do a thing is not inventing mechanics. Its asking. A lot of people are simply going off the profiles and don't know exact limits on how powers work. He didn't say 'po can escape webs', he said 'can he', to ask people who know.

Not sure what you mean with the second part though. Are you referring to the Wuxi finger hold sending Spider-Man to the spirit realm and calling THAT a wankish point?
The finger hold is dumb, yeah, given Spider-Man has higher LS and very blatantly stated precog on his file against stuff like that. It'll just won't happen.

So yeah, those are the only two points brought up, and they fit the bill.
Asking if Po can do a thing is not inventing mechanics. Its asking. A lot of people are simply going off the profiles and don't know exact limits on how powers work. He didn't say 'po can escape webs', he said 'can he', to ask people who know.
Framing doesn't matter when you're just making up these wildly presumptive techniques off of established powers unmentioned anywhere, that's just improper debate tactic first and foremost. Like literally, in the scenario where the answer was yes, he CAN do that, sure, WOULD HE is a factor that matters.

I'm not bringing up Mark of Kaine here for a reasoning either, or something made up like "Spider-Man makes a web barrier arund his vicinity so Po literally can't do anything to him", the characters haven't relevantly thought of shit like this, it's OOC

Back