• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
KungFuPanda-57b7004d3df78c8763622c34.jpg
Skipper-Penguin-6xKuTIDFx-b.jpg

• Speed Equalized
  • Po is in Kung Fu Panda 2 Key
Po:
Skipper:
Incon:

Due to Po's resistances to Blunt Force Attacks and Pressure Point Techniques, Skipper is going to have a hard time hurting Po.

Due to Po's resistances to Blunt Force Attacks and Pressure Point Techniques, Skipper is going to have a hard time hurting Po.
He could still get ****** up majorly by Mantis who fights similarly to how Skipper would. And likewise, Po would have a tough time trying to get a clean hit on Skipper because of the size difference and his enhanced senses/stealth mastery/instinctive reactions.

Skipper opens with a pressure point chop to the neck, but that's not all he's going to be able to do. He has several other tactics and maneuvers to pull out, and he's more experienced with taking on threats larger than him than Po is taking on smaller and more nimble opponents.

Po has accelerated development and was as skilled or more skilled than Tai Lung despite the later having decades of training

Po likley has the skill advantage here

Po has accelerated development and was as skilled or more skilled than Tai Lung despite the later having decades of training

Po likley has the skill advantage here
Not really. Tai Lung is skilled, but Po just happened to use something that made his usual wincon obsolete and he used what was unique to him to gain the upper hand, leaving him flabbergasted especially after he learned the Dragon Scroll was just a reflection. Skipper meanwhile has a lot more going for him including really, really good enhanced senses and stealth mastery, being able to disappear even in front of two of his men's very eyes and replacing him with someone else. At the time of KP1, Po had only won against Tai Lung while Skipper has won against countless enemies and the best enforcers of a country, including animal operatives who are equal to him.

Not really. Tai Lung is skilled, but Po just happened to use something that made his usual wincon obsolete and he used what was unique to him to gain the upper hand, leaving him flabbergasted especially after he learned the Dragon Scroll was just a reflection. Skipper meanwhile has a lot more going for him including really, really good enhanced senses and stealth mastery, being able to disappear even in front of two of his men's very eyes and replacing him with someone else. At the time of KP1, Po had only won against Tai Lung while Skipper has won against countless enemies and the best enforcers of a country, including animal operatives who are equal to him.
true but he is shown consistently better in the 2nd movie and he did basically went face to face with a navy and won ...

But is it enough to counter Skipper's moves?
He probably has the better feat in beating larger amounts of foes (the navy feat seems better than the Danish security one)

However Skipper's stealth should help him a lot at trying to find weak spots in his fighting style though I think Po would be doing better than he did in the first movie so he might have a higher chance at countering a Mantis like style of combat

He probably has the better feat in beating larger amounts of foes (the navy feat seems better than the Danish security one)

However Skipper's stealth should help him a lot at trying to find weak spots in his fighting style though I think Po would be doing better than he did in the first movie so he might have a higher chance at countering a Mantis like style of combat
How's he going to deal with Skipper's flight advantage and enhanced senses? It's not going to be very easy for him to land a hit on him, and you're making an assumption that he would deal with an attack style without any concrete proof of him outside of him "doing better" than the last movie.

How's he going to deal with Skipper's flight advantage and enhanced senses? It's not going to be very easy for him to land a hit on him, and you're making an assumption that he would deal with an attack style without any concrete proof of him outside of him "doing better" than the last movie.
I said he wouldn't be easily stomped with a mantis style attack not that he wouldn't have issues. As for flight, I don't think Po can do anything about that

I think Skipper can just hit and run Po until he wins so

Skipper FRA

Po AP: 1.355 tons of tnt

Skippers AP: more than 0.22 tons of tnt

I think even if Skipper is more than .22 tons he still will have lower AP than Po

Po needs to hit him a few times to knock him out (even just lucky hits works) while Skipper's attack are already weaker than his defense and with his fatness and pressure points resistance yeah

Po also is used to fight more skilled fighters, with more mobility and speed. So Po wouldn't have much problem with Skipper options, not to mention Po umpredicable fighting style would give the Panda a huge edgy here

I switch to Po FRA

He beated someone with decades of training in the first movies and fought an entire navy in the 2nd movie
Skipper beat only a group of officals (sure to his skill level but compared to the Navy feat ... yeah) so I think he would be outskilled and Po should eventually get a few hit's to knock him out

Feeling like giving Skipper his optional equipment then, since he has ways of increasing his fat to the point where he's hard to touch as well.

Feeling like giving Skipper his optional equipment then, since he has ways of increasing his fat to the point where he's hard to touch as well.
Skipper can dodge for a while but Po eventually has lucky hits and wins

wouldn't making his fat more make him less manuverable

Po AP: 1.355 tons of tnt

Skippers AP: more than 0.22 tons of tnt

I think even if Skipper is more than .22 tons he still will have lower AP than Po

Po needs to hit him a few times to knock him out (even just lucky hits works) while Skipper's attack are already weaker than his defense and with his fatness and pressure points resistance yeah
Po has at minimum a 6x AP advantage, and I'd argue that he's more skilled at this point, being able to completely outmaneuver Shen who effortlessly styles on Masters Croc and Storming Ox, two Kung-Fu masters who trained their whole lives and who gained the respect of Oogway. He's been learning Kung-Fu for around a year, when in a couple of weeks he was capable of mastering Kung-Fu (Po is canonically a quick learner). He has a great resistance to pressure point techniques as well, not just against Tai Lung but it took Mantis 133 acupuncture needles to make him go under. That alone should grant him a win.

Po has at minimum a 6x AP advantage, and I'd argue that he's more skilled at this point, being able to completely outmaneuver Shen who effortlessly styles on Masters Croc and Storming Ox, two Kung-Fu masters who trained their whole lives and who gained the respect of Oogway. He's been learning Kung-Fu for around a year, when in a couple of weeks he was capable of mastering Kung-Fu (Po is canonically a quick learner). He has a great resistance to pressure point techniques as well, not just against Tai Lung but it took Mantis 133 acupuncture needles to make him go under. That alone should grant him a win.
Skipper was downgraded recently. It's a stomp now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back