• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rooftop, New York

A couple of gang members screamed as the living bio weapon known as Alex Mercer ruthlessly gunned them down. Slinging his LMG on his shoulder, he spat dismissively on the corpses.

"Nice to see the welcome party boys. Hope you don't mind, but this is my turf now." Turning to face the frightened gang leader, Mercer sprays his body full of lead, the man's body slumping to the ground in a pool of blood.

Just as Mercer was about to leave, something grabbed onto his LMG and pulled it out of his hands. Looking at the source, a familiar wall-crawling hero waved back, the gun in his hand.

"Here's your problem man! The safety wasn't on!" Bending the barrel upwards, Spiderman tosses it onto the rooftop before hopping down himself. "Didn't your mom ever teach you not to play with the big boys?"

Mercer scoffed and uncrossed his arms, his limbs shifting into wickedly sharp claws. "Your mom ever teach you not to meddle in other people's business punk?"

Spiderman waved his arms in mock fright. "Ooh, scary! Looks like we have another symbiote walking around! You're like what, the fourth or fifth by now? Seriously, I lost count!"

Ducking other a swing, Spiderman backflips towards the edge of the roof. "Trying to act tough? Looking for a place to live? Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a nice 4X4 room with your name on it!"

Alex Mercer cracked his neck. "Just try it freak."

Spiderman laughed. "Oh ho ho! Resorting to name calling are we? C'mon now, try and be a little more mature!"

Mercer growled in annoyance. This little shit would be begging for mercy once he was through with him.

•Battle takes place in Manhatta

•Spider-Man has 3 hours of prep-time

•The Other vs Prototype 1 (End-Game)

•Speed Equalized

Spider-Man:

Alex Mercer: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I don't think it matters much, as Mercer's Absorption negates his target's Regenerationn. Even assuming Carnage could survive that, the Power Absorption ability would just simply allow Mercer to gain access to Carnage's Regenerationn and then absorb him again (thus negating Carnage's Regenerationn through that way).

Either way, this isn't Carnage vs Alex Mercer, this is Spider-Man vs Alex Mercer.

It can't negate Atomic level regen and possession, which is beyond Alex molecular control of the virus.

Edit I didn't forget just that is beyond his Regenerationn nullification abilities and since he can only control the virus up to a molecular level not atomic level. One other thing Carnage possessed Silver Surfer and he went passed his mind resistance which is much stronger than anything in Prototype. Yeah let's just focus on this thread.

Huesito88 said:
It can't negate Atomic level regen and possession, which is beyond Alex molecular control of the virus.
You did not take into account of the Power Absorption. Mercer can just simply gain Carnage's level of Regenerationn and apply it to himself upon absorption, and then absorb Carnage again (there's also the fact that Mercer resists Mind Manipulation and Biological Manipulation).

Edit: His Regenerationn nullification and Absorption scales to the potency of his own regen, so it doesn't matter if it's not potent enough previously when Mercer can literally just gain Carnage's level of Regenerationn (thus, scaling his Regenerationn nullification and Absorption to his own regen). Also, the Silver Surfer feat has been considered as PIS and an Outlier, so... Yeah, it doesn't actually scale to Carnage. Either way, it doesn't matter. This thread is about Spider-Man, not Carnage.

Since he has prep according to his page, he has a weapon that can destroy at a atomic level.

It says bisect. Bisection won't kill Mercer. Also, I kinda doubt he'd start with it here, especially sense he thinks he's fight a symbiote and I'm not sure he'd use it in character anyways. Mercer just needs to touch him once to win.

Yeah your 100 precent I was just pointing on something he does have, which tbh isn't something he'll probably use, but yeah Spidey would need more prep time then just 3 hours.

Edit also the word is dissection not bisection which is different

I don't think the gasses of the Blacklight Virus needs to be inhaled to infect, as it is superior to the Redlight Virus (which can infect living beings and inanimate objects alike. Inanimate objects obviously doesn't need to breathe).

Peter needs a win condition for this to not be a stomp and I'm not sure if he has any.

If he does, well I'm still gonna vote for Alex due to how many advantages he have.

Huesito88 said:
Edit I didn't forget just that is beyond his Regenerationn nullification abilities and since he can only control the virus up to a molecular level not atomic level. One other thing Carnage possessed Silver Surfer and he went passed his mind resistance which is much stronger than anything in Prototype. Yeah let's just focus on this thread.
well it will all kind of become poinless when mercer consumes at least a part of carnage and gains not only his regen but mind manip

if there will be a new fight it'll just end in an incon

or they'll just merge into a single being and go on a killing spree through the multiverse

also dose spidy even have a win con since ya know that one suit that dose give him atomic level attacks only works in a way of dissection

and mercer should be able to use his musle mass to break spidys bones in a few punches

This is off-topic, but since this match is likely going to be considered a stomp, I'm going to say this anyways:

How much do you need to atomize a 7-C character like Mercer through sheer AP?

I'm curious because I'm not sure if pitting Mercer against characters in higher tier than him should be appropriate.

DeathNoodles said:
This is off-topic, but since this match is likely going to be considered a stomp, I'm going to say this anyways:
How much do you need to atomize a 7-C character like Mercer through sheer AP?

I'm curious because I'm not sure if pitting Mercer against characters in higher tier than him should be appropriate.
im not an expert on that but i'd say 7A should be enough to atomize a 7C charater but im not an expert on this so im probobly wrong

but i'd defenetly say that mercer can take on a high 7C and possibly low 7B charaters due to his insane level of regenaration and infection creation

I'm not sure if that's what it takes to atomize a 7-C character.

From what I can tell it takes 3 Gigajoules (8-C) to atomize an ordinary human (10-B), which is practically two tiers higher than 10-B (which is around 75 million times higher AP than 10-B at least), so it might take higher than 7-A to atomize a 7-C character (especially if we assume that it takes around 75 million times higher AP to atomize a 7-C character).

Does Alex have any real dura ignoring abilities that can work on a High 7C or so barring blacklight

Schnee One said:
Does Alex have any real dura ignoring abilities that can work on a High 7C or so barring blacklight
He has Absorption, which doesn't depend on the AP of his target's last I've checked (especially since the Prototype comics and Prototype 2 had him absorbing his targets via the touch of his biomass, without needing to weaken or subdue them and stuff, unlike Prototype 1 which is likely either game mechanics or just there to look cool). His Biological Manipulation could also work, but that's mainly tied with his Disease Manipulation.

Edit: I'm not sure what you meant by barring Blacklight, because all of his powers comes from Blacklight, especially since he is Blacklight. I don't think that's something you can just exclude from him.

Andytrenom said:
I wonder how long low 7-C Spiderman is going to last for.
Kinda off-topic for me to bring it up again, but Doc Ock's arms have an 8-A+ feat and Spidey's shown to easily take care of them. Apparently, he can also downscale from Luke Cage and a few of his Rogues Gallaries have other tier 7 feats. That's just what I heard though, don't shoot the messenger lol.

@Death

I meant more like spreading the Blacklight Vurus, like he spreads it and his opponent breaths it in and dies.

Schnee One said:
@Death

I meant more like spreading the Blacklight Vurus, like he spreads it and his opponent breaths it in and dies.
They don't need to breathe it in to get infected though. As Blacklight is superior to Redlight (which can infect living beings and inanimate objects like buildings), he can affect inanimate objects, which obviously doesn't need to breathe. They just need to be within the vicinity of the infection if anything (which can be be pretty wide).

But if you exclude his Disease Manipulation, there is still his Absorption. Since we don't know how it exactly operates (it can absorb organic and inorganic matter, with the exact mechanics being unknown, especially in regards to him absorbing inorganic matter), we assume it just magically works. His Biological Manipulation may or may not work without needing to infect his target, but he can kill his targets that way (especially due to good his control is in his profile).

I didn't say they needed to, I simply wondered if that can ignore Durability

Which, it can considered it affected inanimate objects like you said

Well, considering the effects it brings on the targets (killing them from inside and out with a mortality rate of 99.999%, destroying biological functions and causing death by total organ failure or cell saturation, destroying or rewriting their cells, or transforming them into mindless infected under Mercer's control, etc. And that's without taking into account the molecular aspects of it, which was what has infected the Whitelight cure), it should be able to ignore durability.

Indeed.

Looks like Alex Mercer stomps in a speed equalised match.

What happens if speed is unrestricted?

Would the absorption makes Alex Mercer MHS+ in combat?

The travel speed of Spidey is not MHS+, just < Mach 2.

One touch and Alex Mercer is MHS+, and then... see if he hax stomps.

Jasonsith said:
Would the absorption makes Alex Mercer MHS+

We don't know the exact value that Mercer would add to his speed via Absorption, unlike his AP and Lifting strength (plus, we apparently treat speed boosts differently than AP and Lifting strength boosts in this site), so he's just listed as unquantifiably higher than what he currently has at best.

And gaining his opponent's speed in a VS debates match doesn't matter much when he needs to absorb them first, which usually just ends in his opponent's death.

Jasonsith said:
Would the absorption makes Alex Mercer MHS+ in combat?

One touch and Alex Mercer is MHS+, and then... see if he hax stomps.
What does travel speed have to do with anything?

Basically Spider-Man speed blitzes + lol Spider-Sense (in a speed unrestricted match) or Alex Mercer hax stomps (in a speed equalised match).

Well, Mercer certainly would get overwhelmed by Spider-Man's combat speed in an unequalised speed match, and I doubt Mercer would be able to tag him. Regenerationn/Hax or not, that speed difference still sounds too unfair.

And with speed equalised, Mercer's hax (combined with his Regenerationn that Spider-Man likely can't overcome) makes it too unfair for Spider-Man, even with some prep time.

speed unequalised is inconclusive at best(no way he is getting passed that mid-high not a chance) and mercer might relase the viruse and the second spidy breathes its death

and equalised is even worse for spidy he gets demolished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back