• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed/reaction upgrade for the Gaia-Sophia and a new counter mechanic for Jason.

Blaster master zero 2 has been out for quite some time yet there hasn't been any changes since it's release. The only thing that has changed since then was the Sophia space cars's page getting deleted for some reason.

Anyway, it's time to talk about upgrades. The second one isn't as important as the First one which is the speed upgrade. It comes from a dude named Leibniz and his space car, the GARUDA. Jason had to fight Leibniz twice on his adventure in this game, and according to the official blaster master zero 2 website (which can be found at http://blastermaster-zero.com/en/zero2/characters/) the GARUDA is "a high spec Metal-Attacker capable of faster-than-light travel". Not only does this mean that the Gaia-Sophia had to be faster than light to keep up, but it also means that Jason Frudnick needs faster than light reaction speed to pilot the G-Sophia.

Next up is not as important as the speed upgrade but should still be talked about. Jason got a new counter mechanic in his game. This only applies when he is on foot, as the G-Sophia possesses no such mechanic. Whenever an enemy attacks, Jason is able to counter-attack with either a pin-point laser blast, a super quick slash or a big reflective force field. There's also a power-up you can get that temporarily lets Jason counter-attack without being countered Im the first place. However, main thing I want to talk about is how the counter works. According to a conversation with Jason's wife Eve, the counter mechanic works via mutant cells within Jason's suit and cape that detect when an enemy is about to attack. But this makes no sense, because Jason can still counter attacks from non-mutant enemies. I doubt that it will matter much since blaster master isn't a very popular series but I still think it should be taken into account whether or not the counter will work for the future. I don't actually have any screenshots of this specific dialogue because I don't know where I can find one ans I don't know if a cruddy screen shot of my switch is good enough.

There are a lot of additional upgrades for Jason Frudnick and the Gaia-Sophia that are in the game, such as both of them being able to withstand a black hole and some mentions of the big mutants they fight being capable of taking over the universe. However, Im not smart or experienced enough to know the exact calculations for those things so I'm sticking with just these upgrades.

I got plenty of scans of where the blackhole feat comes up as well as the universal mutant mutant comes up.

Well there is a slight problem with the black hole, we don't directly see it in cutscene and there's only one inplied moment that shows the black hole in question. But i'm not sure it's viable to use.
D7EBcmgU8AAiZwt

I certainly think this is aight

On another note, you guys mind if I add a notable abilities section, seems like he would need one for his Tanks and his own stuff

I do agree to all of the above in the OP though. However the universe conquering and black hole stuff may be a stretch, but I'll probably be replaying BMZ2 to recheck again.

Alright, I'll get to it at soon as I can. Since most of the weapons for both Jason and the Sophia's are very similar, I'll just include the ones from the Zero series, and just make note of other significant variations if they exist

Heck I'm working on it okay. Finally revisited the series, but I need to understand if Blaster Master is Tier 2 or not- there's lots of wormhole/spacetime ripping in BMZ2, black holes and such, with the Mutant Cocoon being the accumulation of all energy from the mutants, including Planade-G's universal thing. I don't know if it's viable to be tier 2 instead of tier 3 since the only thing suggesting that was "super dimensional explosion" and various "all of dimensional space" statements, not sure if it's enough

Blaster Master Zero 3 confirmed, I'll wait until its out so i can do it all at once. In the meantime, I'm gonna work on the sandbox

Heck I'm working on it okay. Finally revisited the series, but I need to understand if Blaster Master is Tier 2 or not- there's lots of wormhole/spacetime ripping in BMZ2, black holes and such, with the Mutant Cocoon being the accumulation of all energy from the mutants, including Planade-G's universal thing. I don't know if it's viable to be tier 2 instead of tier 3 since the only thing suggesting that was "super dimensional explosion" and various "all of dimensional space" statements, not sure if it's enough
A clarification.

Jason Frudnick is the main protagonist of the Blaster Master series as well as the playable character in almost every game in the series. He is the husband of an android Eve and father of Roddy and Elfie, protagonists of Blasting Again.

Jason and Eve in BM Zero are not Roddy and Elfie's parents, because Blasting Again is not canon for BM Zero's story.

This information has to be removed from the page.

Destroyed a mountain in his fight against the Plutonium Boss

Jason doesn't destroy a mountain.

BM Zero is a remake of Blaster Master (NES) with a new story that is a sequel to the story of MetaFight (the original game in Japan).
GPZgg1t.jpg

BXq4ObF.jpg

In MetaFight, Kain / Kane Gardner destroys the base of Goez (the mutant leader), which is the size of a mountain.

Jason is stronger than Kain / Kane, therefore he probably gets powercalling from this.

I kept the content of the original games because I was just modifying Tony's page. To be honest, I agree with you, but I prefer not changing things while he isnt active to talk about why original game content is here in a Zero series only profile. Should I like, just go and re-edit anyways?

But are you saying that MetaFight is canon in the franchise based on the "original metal attacker" stuff?

Last edited:
Alright so- dying here. I'm gonna put the gifs for this off later. But they're my next goal after the Azure Striker Gunvolt characters get their giffed up pages done, since Jason has an eff ton of abilities, and yeah, it's gonna suck doing all of them

Replaced the Sandbox to be from Jason to Leibneiz, I'm just gonna push the gifs to be way down later. I might include just- all of the Metal Attackers and their Pilots- maybe include bosses too.

I have a question,

In BMZ2, there are plenty of planet size or planet scale threats, Eve was worried that INVEM SOPHIA would destroy the earth, Skeleton Boss mutants can grow to be the size of planets, and Planade-G is a planet sized mutant larger than Earth with Low 2-C energy or something, G-SOPHIA can absorb some of that energy and gradually disperse it, hence defeated Planade-G, considering how long the battle lasted (kinda short in the grand scheme). This means that G-SOPHIA is absorbing a frick ton of energy at one time. Considering that G-SOPHIA is fighting a literal planet, is this enough for at least 5-B?

Want more opinions on dis, a maybe a "likely Planet Level" instead?
I have a question,

In BMZ2, there are plenty of planet size or planet scale threats, Eve was worried that INVEM SOPHIA would destroy the earth, Skeleton Boss mutants can grow to be the size of planets, and Planade-G is a planet sized mutant larger than Earth with Low 2-C energy or something, G-SOPHIA can absorb some of that energy and gradually disperse it, hence defeated Planade-G, considering how long the battle lasted (kinda short in the grand scheme). This means that G-SOPHIA is absorbing a frick ton of energy at one time. Considering that G-SOPHIA is fighting a literal planet, is this enough for at least 5-B?

No idea where Tonygameman went but looks like I’ll have to do things myself, this is L

New information regarding BMZ3, also I’m still on and off about Planet level due to the environmental threats and just the planet/universe wide scale of the conflicts so far

Back