• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed Equalization Issues

It is just a small issue i see frequently and i think it should be finally settled by the Admin.

Im just saying would it logicall and fair if when speed is equalized, their limit breaks (just something I say that means stats boosted) increase their speed too instead of just other stats even if the speed is increased by a step up.

Just something i think everyone would like to have an official answer

iirc this was settled some time ago and it was agreed that abilities and techniques that increase speed would be equalized as well to prevent a character from speedblitzing.

"Speedblitzing"

If we go by that logic, then why the said character would even lose in his/her own verse?

Answer: the boost has either a limit or a drawback. So boost should be allowed

Wow im just gonna sit back and watch because i hate hopping on the ban wangon all these are valid opinions

There's also PIS/outliers, or the fact that the character is fighting someone so fast their boost doesn't even help.

Things like that are on a case by case basis, and no not every speed boost in fiction has "either a limit or a drawback."

Equalizing speed, yet allowing boosts that make speed no longer equal, completely negates the point in the first place.

If one's speed boost doesn't make them blitz or stomp, then it should be allowed. But if a match is meant to be "speed equal" and/or someone's boost makes them too fast for the other, then it shouldn't be allowed.

I always thought that Speed Boost things were scale in proportion to the equalized speed. Like if the boost would make the user 30 times faster, it would boost them by 30 too

I'd like to think that speed equal goes as follows:

Base Naruto = Base Goku

KCM = SS1

BSM = SS2

RSM = SS3

Quick Attack = Shunshin

Or something the like.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I always thought that Speed Boost things were scale in proportion to the equalized speed. Like if the boost would make the user 30 times faster, it would boost them by 30 too
Thats...sorta how it works? It just makes it so one character cant gain a speed adventage over the other when speed is equal

Back