• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed DxD Part 1

Masque, could you please call others to comment on this topic? So far it's just you, me, Dragongod224, Wankbreaker, Dark_Soul20189, BestMGQScalerEver, karo_senpaii and DragonZeroNova.

I was hoping Qliphoth_Bacikal, CurrySenpai and Burning_Full_Fingers would say something.

I'll be busy for at least the next 10 hours, I'll be back later.

Masque, could you please call others to comment on this topic? So far it's just you, me, Dragongod224, Wankbreaker, Dark_Soul20189, BestMGQScalerEver, karo_senpaii and DragonZeroNova.

I was hoping Qliphoth_Bacikal, CurrySenpai and Burning_Full_Fingers would say something.

I'll be busy for at least the next 10 hours, I'll be back later.
I believe Curry requested for her account to be blocked some time ago.

I have no real interest in this thread so I won't really participate, but I agree for light since it seems fairly simple and I agree that boosts do increase speed, but I'm neutral on it being a definitive multiplier based on site standards.

As long as this doesn't get anymore toxic, I'll give my one cent.

I would have figured the Boost thing would come into play but it seems like most are either natural or disagree on it.

There are some other moments that I would have figured they'd increase speed but they could have been for something else.

Like here:

The event in the Underworld ended, and after having been dragged around by Odin the geezer for his tour in Japan, me, Kiba, and Gasper of the men's team were battle practising.

GOOOOOOOOO!

I am in Balance-Breaker form and I have fire coming out of the thrusters on my back, and I am chasing after Kiba who is moving around in a zigzag at god-speed. Kiba who is a ‘Knight’ has faster legs than me. But…

[BoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoost!!]

I can go past him directly if I multiply my power and increase my dash!

The boosters on my back give the maximum output, and I close my distance with Kiba immediately!

GIIIIIIN!

Kiba wields his holy-demonic sword, and I made my Ascalon appear to block his attack!

GIN! GIIN! GIIIIN!

Both of us move in various directions while moving at a very high velocity. During that time, he was wielding his sword while not showing even a slight opening.

……Shit. Fighting him using a sword will be disadvantageous for me. I started to get pushed back, and Kiba’s blade started to reach me.

The speed of the holy-demonic sword is increasing! I start to lose the sight of his blade with my eyes. When Kiba reaches his top speed, he will definitely come against me at once.

-So there is no option but to fight him with my fists while closing the distance to him even more!

GOOO!

I made the booster on my back go on and went within his range!

A body blow from a short-range! Unlike me, Kiba has nothing on his body. In terms of defence, I have an overwhelming advantage. I also have higher attack power as well. If it hits, then my chance of winning will increase!

But…

GAKIN!

I heard the sound of metals colliding. Kiba made the pommel of his sword strike like a bowling ball, and he smacked my helmet from the side.

Maybe he foresaw my body blow, so Kiba used a counter on me!

And this:

The vanguards jump ahead after everyone gathers!

Xenovia and Irina do a combo attack from both the left side and the right side while I go hitting at him from the front! Kiba slashes him from his blind spot and Rossweisse-san releases her magic once she finds a chance.

[Interestinnnnnng! Bring it on! Just come and bring it oooooon!]

Grendel happily takes on the team attack from us where he shows swift movement which isn’t fitting for his huge body! As he takes on Rossweisse-san’s magical attack without even guarding it, he swipes away Xenovia and Irina that are trying to cut him by swinging his arms to the sides. Kiba attempts to cut him while aiming for his feet, but he makes a light jump and releases his flame towards Kiba who is beneath him!

“Ku!”

Kiba slices it in half with Gram. I glide close to the floor to retrieve Kiba and retreat to the place where Xenovia and Irina are.

The moment I dropped Kiba, I touch him and Xenovia to transfer the multiplied power.

“Kiba, Xenovia! I’m going to transfer my power! So take it!”

[BoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoostBoost!!]

[Transfer!!]

The moment I transferred the power to them, Kiba and Xenovia’s aura increases!

“—Alright, this'll work!”

“Yeah, let’s go! Rapidly!”

Kiba and Xenovia grip onto their weapons once again and resume their attack on Grendel!

The two of them hold onto the “holy-demonic sword + Gram” and “Ex-Durandal” respectively—but they vanish completely and the only thing left is the sound of them cutting through the air!

[Oho! Fast! You guys are crazy fast!]

It seems like even Grendel can’t keep up with Kiba and Xenovia’s speed.
It doesn’t even seem like his punch will touch them, so Kiba and Xenovia cut Grendel’s whole body without making a sound!

Many wounds show up on his black scales due to the sword attacks. In terms of the number of attacks and damage done, Kiba and Xenovia are leading him. Obviously it will be the end for Kiba if he gets hit by Grendel since he can’t allow himself to be hit due to his defence.

Even so, the reason why it doesn’t seem like Grendel’s attack will hit Kiba at all is because it doesn’t change the fact that we feel assured about Kiba and Xenovia’s high speed battle.

The reason why Xenovia can keep up with Kiba’s speed is due to the ability of Excalibur Rapidly. No one can stop the blade dance of the two [Knights] who have their speed further increased by Gift!

—The absolute sureness of Grendel’s attack not touching them!

[……What the, what is up with these guys speed……! My attacks won’t hit! Why doesn’t it hit!?]

Even Grendel is showing signs of having difficulty with Kiba and Xenovia’s attack.

From this is gathered, the effects of Boost enabling Issei to increase his or anyone's power is probably more due to increasing their abilities that in turn increases their speed if it's related to it?

Like for Vol 7, Issei Boosts himself and tries to close the gap during his spar with Kiba and despite having done that, Kiba was still faster than him due to his status as a Knight (in-universe, Knight Pieces are focused on speed and Kiba was well known for this throughout the series).

Same for Vol 16. Issei boosts some and gives his multiplied power to Kiba and Xenovia to increase their power. This enables them to go from being kept up by a powerful foe to outright blitzing them.

Though can anyone remind me if this isn't exactly accepted either? Cuz it still serves to increase their power, and in the case of something like speedy people, it bolsters up their speed than what they otherwise might have only been able to achieve on their own that wouldn't be close?

Note that I'm only posting this up because I haven't seen anyone else done this or ever thought to bring this up before afaik. Just something that may be worth bringing to mind.

Back