• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spectacular Samurai 8 Hachimaru Edition General Discussion

Hachimaru's page needs serious revisions to fix its current reliability and minor formatting problems. The AP needs better justification, preferably at least one calc to use for scaling. I've notified the staff of this in the Article Clean-Up Thread, but would any of you be willing to take up solving this issue?

Let's just wait for the feats instead of just edit the profile. Until some arf is finished or something like, we should wait

If that's the case, the profile shouldn't exist in an official capacity, and should be left as a prototype in somebody's sandbox, right? Because right now what we're displaying as an official profile is, as I understand it, misleading and inaccurate?

No. Every proifle can be edited when new feats keee popping up. We have enough feats for Hachimaru. He has a speed calc and AP.

If it's not linked then someone can easily link it to his profile.

It is not linked. Right now his AP and Durability are not very justified, striking strength is off, and the profile appears to minor formatting issues that I unfortunately can't fix because I don't know enough about the series; for example, I don't think key separators ( "|" ) are actually needed in this profile, but I'm not entirely sure.

I've already fixed some things (formating in tier/AP and the speed being listed as "supersonic+" even though the calc supports "supersonic") but I've about hit the limit of what I can do.

M3X is probably better for that I could look at it tmrw though..also I doubt that is a 8-A feat. I believe calcing him cutting through a guard holder in the recent chapter is a better feat and still not 8-A

I do not know who listed that as 8-A. All I did with the tier/AP stuff is clean-up the formatting. I left the listing as is except for removing "at least" from the second "key", since I thought it was sketchy to leave it there without any tangible justification.

Eyeballing that feat... even if the tank is made out of unrealistically hard material... without knowing more about the feat other than the bare fact that "a tank was cut in half"... it's still probably only wall level+ at most.

SogiitaVii updated the page without a CRT.

Since the verse is so small right now, it might have been fine, but the new ratings aren't properly sourced.

I've sent SogiitaVii a message.

Looking at the profile again... Hachimaru doesn't appear to have justification for anything in AP or Durability right now.

Building level AP and Large Building level durability based solely on a feat of "a Ronin Samurai who had recently busted through a rooftop with ease"... which sounds like a Wall level feat. The cannon ball feat for durability looks better (as in, it looks to be at least small building level, probably higher) but until it's calced I can't say what tier it is for certain.

Multi-City Block level AP for his sword for cutting in half the "Hoggin Sweet #2 a futuristic large armored tank made with ultra-hard materials" which is, as I've said before, likely a Wall level+ feat.

Jaften said:
I've sent SogiitaVii a message.
Looking at the profile again... Hachimaru doesn't appear to have justification for anything in AP or Durability right now.

Building level AP and Large Building level durability based solely on a feat of "a Ronin Samurai who had recently busted through a rooftop with ease"... which sounds like a Wall level feat. The cannon ball feat for durability looks better (as in, it looks to be at least small building level, probably higher) but until it's calced I can't say what tier it is for certain.

Multi-City Block level AP for his sword for cutting in half the "Hoggin Sweet #2 a futuristic large armored tank made with ultra-hard materials" which is, as I've said before, likely a Wall level+ feat.
Large Building level durability is just for his cannon balls feat.

I highly doubt that cutting in half with a single sword slash even a common tank would just be a wall level feat.

It requires a higher amount of tons in order to do that. But i'm not an expert about VS Battle calcs at all, so if a feat cannot be used nor listed without a calculation then, sorry. I didn't know that.

Having seen the actual feat in questio, this feat is possibly a Small Building level feat. Fragmenting the body of a similar-sized armored vehicle like the Bradley Fighting Vehicle requires Building level energy. This tank is made of "ultrahard material", so it should likely be more durable, but since we don't know exactly how hard it is, we can only compare it to real life examples. Cutting a tank in half should logically require much less energy than fragmenting one, so this feat should logically be Small Building level at best.

However, complicating the push for "small building level" is the apparent fact that Hachimaru doesn't appear to cut the tank in half by himself, as there appears to be a second person helping him with his sword in the picture. That would cut the feat in half, using the standard assumption that Hachimaru is contributing half the energy and the mystery person is contributing the other half.

Hachimaru likely contributed the actual AP. The person next to him only helped him draw the sword since it was essentially DNA locked allowing only said person to draw it

The energy for splitting the tank would be higher if I could reliably calculate the kinetic energy of the halves being forced apart, but unfortunately I don't have a clear timeframe for it, since it's a still frame. Also, looking at the scene more closely, I can't see anything I can easily use to scale the size of the tank with, so it would be a chore to do.

I also see that he cut a small cloud in half, but that's likely smoke, so I don't know what its density would be.

Rocker1189 said:
Hachimaru likely contributed the actual AP. The person next to him only helped him draw the sword since it was essentially DNA locked allowing only said person to draw it
Seeing as how I don't read the actual manga, I'll trust your judgment on this.

I'm sure it is. For example, I could scale the size off of the length of Hachimaru's foot, but that would require that I assume Hachimaru's foot size. That would be kind of a pain because I don't know anything about him.

As for the unknown timeframe... eh I'd probably just assume it was a second.

Getting a mass for the tank would also be a pain in the ass, though.

Scale the image of the tank to something earlier it was shown by in the chapter not the the exact scene it was sliced

I think scaling from other panels is usually frowned upon, though.

Would be easier, but getting a mass would still be a pain.

Rocker1189 said:
Maybe this is a good pic to scale from:https://i2.wp.com/jaiminisbox.com/reader/content/comics/samurai-8_5cc05a1272a5b/7-0-meeting_5d0c6ae708bae/03.png?quality=100&strip=all
This one is better for height at least, since we have a person standing next to it. Don't know how tall that person is, though. But we can assume he's standard Japanese adult male height.

Jaften is correct about that you need calculations.

So you want to scale the tank to the barrel... of the tank gun?

Well no I meant the size of it to the average high of that guy on that part from the tank

Btw guys chapter is getting ready to come out so be ready for feats

RIP Ata he getting a little arm blown off treatment seems next chapter ƒÆǃÆǃÆǃÆǃÿÁƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩Ńÿ¡

Back