• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spears and Swords: SCP-1440 vs Altair

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Monarch

Well, not all of her abilities. 66th Movement doesn't look stopped, but apparently the Brothers can bring him back from having his very conceptual existence eaten.

I mean

Don't like, all of her hax powers come from some form of plot / causality hax?

Which the spear overrides?

Assaltwaffle said:
It's passive null? That's pretty unfortunate for Altair. So basically the thing that beats him gets overcome by intervention from the Brothers and he counters her other most potent abilities. I assume Existence Erasure will prove similarly futile thanks to the brothers, then.
Yes to all of this

@Monarch

Not the 66th Movement. It's conceptual, abstract-hitting, immortality-ignoring absorption. Plot and Causality hax can't effect Altair and the only reason 66th didn't kill her is because the one who used it against her was a personality-less clone of her. She forced that clone's personality to become her, thus being reborn. If she didn't do that while she was fading away Altair would have died.

If existence overtaking just makes her into him, but herself instead, the brothers would probably be ok with that, they've still got a guy wandering around causing death by existing if she is now that guy.

But I think the overtaking is via plot hax, which is a nono.

Edit: I take that back then, she can probably win with that.

@Monarch

It's actually not plot hax. It's one of the few abilities that isn't plot-based. Plot-based attacks don't work on Altair because of her Acausality types, so the 66th Movement was the trump card to bypass it.

@Psychowarper

Nothing on his profile says he bypasses immortality. Also, Altair's immortality is conceptual and reliant in nature. If he kills her with the spear she is just going to come back because of people's perception of her.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Psychowarper

Nothing on his profile says he bypasses immortality. Also, Altair's immortality is conceptual and reliant in nature. If he kills her with the spear she is just going to come back because of people's perception of her.
He bypassed The Scarlet King's immortality with his spear and he can seal her with the bag

@Weekly

So the brothers can rip him out of her after his existence has been assimilated in a way that negates conceptual reliant immortality? Also, even if they can, Monarch seems to believe they would be OK with Altair basically becoming 1440, since she could fulfill his position.

@Assalt Yes they can and no they would not be okay with it as they have made dozens of special plans and precautions to torture him specifically

He bypassed The Scarlet King's immortality with his spear and he can seal her with the bag, she doesnt have anything that can do anything to him

@Weekly

What is the Scarlet King reliant on? Also I'm not the best to argument the mindset of the Brothers, since I don't know much about them. Monarch is probably the one you'd want to debate with on whether or not they'd be OK with having someone else be their death-spreader.

He's reliant on people and things knowing he exists as well as the concept of blood and pain

The thing is they specifically made 1440 their deathspreader as a punishment for humiliating them, it wasnt just done on a whim, they have specific reasons for doing so.

@Psycho

I see his profile. It tells me almost nothing about the functionality of his abilities.

@Weekly

So he killed a guy despite his reliance on people knowing he exists that can also regen with Mid-Godly? That's almost verbatim Altair. Also if that's the case if you ever redo 1440 with his updated powers you'd need to list Conceptual Manipulation, since he must have detached the Scarlet King as an object from his concepts.

Wouldn't it be a pretty decent punishment to have his existence absorbed by someone? It's not just erasure, it is a full becoming of the target.

@Assalt I plan on it

No, they need him alive, if they wanted to punish him by killing him they would have erased him or just not let him come back to life. They want to psychologically torture him for as long as possible

Well, I'll look forward to when he gets redone and will be ready to embrace the strongest Unknown.

I'll definitely be waiting on scans for this stuff, though, since the powers you've described are absolutely ridiculous. He's a monster among monsters.

It'll get done eventually, with sourced stuff for once ovo

But for now it may be best to close this and remake it when the rework is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back