• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zhongli and lancer fight each other for no apparent reason.

Lancer Ga Shinda:

I Will Have Order:

Rules

Both 6-C (Summoned in Europe Lancer vs Archon Zhongli)

Speed equalized

Zhongli has knowledge while lancer does not

Bloodlusted Zhongli

They start 10 meters apart

battle takes place in the coliseum from fire emblem

Victory Conditions: incap

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

Last edited:
one last thing. since zhongli has knowledge of lancer. he could just goad/insult him and cause him to use the other spear instead.

edit:

Lancer has neither the bloodlust nor the knowledge of zhongli.

also i could just make it incap only if that makes anything better at all.

Last edited:
The Power Nullification from the Servant Physiology page says that any and all spells directed at a servant are negated if they don't have enough Mystery. Mystery is defined on the Nasuverse page as the source of all supernatural phenomena with it being weakened by public awareness. Zhongli is an over 6000 years old god who is still heavily revered and shrouded in myths in the nation he ruled even after he supposedly died and in this key he has his Gnosis which grants him power from Celestia with Celestia being considered the abode of the gods that few people understand, so his spells should have plenty of Mystery according to that definition. This isn't even going into the supernatural nature of the type of being he was and the capabilities he had before he ascended to the status of an Archon.

Zhongli has a possible Inorganic Physiology listed on his profile and he does explicitly say that his physical structure isn't the same as that of normal people, so he probably won't die from having the part of the body where the heart is usually located in humans pierced.

Last edited:
The Power Nullification from the Servant Physiology page says that any and all spells directed at a servant are negated if they don't have enough mystery. Mystery is defined on the Nasuverse page as the source of all supernatural phenomena with it being weakened by public awareness. Zhongli is an over 6000 years old god who is still heavily revered and shrouded in myths in the nation he ruled even after he supposedly died and in this key he has his Gnosis which grants him power from Celestia with Celestia being considered the abode of the gods that few people understand, so his spells should have plenty of mystery according to that definition. This isn't even going into the supernatural nature of the type of being he was and the capabilities he had before he ascended to the status of an Archon.

Zhongli has a possible Inorganic Physiology listed on his profile and he does explicitly say that his physical structure isn't the same as that of normal people, so he probably won't die from having the part of the body where the heart is usually located in humans pierced.
Not really. <Gae Bolg> also fills your body with thorns .
Also lancer has protection from arrows,meaning he should evade anything zhongli throws at him.

Also lancer has protection from arrows,meaning he should evade anything zhongli throws at him.

how about having a giant meteor dropped on you.

Edit:

besides since zhongli's physiology is very different from a humans. would he even have a heart in the first place?

Last edited:

also did you not read the fact that only zhongli has knowledge, lancer does not have any knowledge of his opponent.

i bring this up because zhongli with knowledge would know what weaknesses lancer has and could just exploit his arrogance. Just trick him into using the soaring spear instead of the barbed one. which would drain lancer's mana reserves.

also did you not read the fact that only zhongli has knowledge, lancer does not have any knowledge of his opponent.

i bring this up because zhongli with knowledge would know what weaknesses lancer has and could just exploit his arrogance. Just trick him into using the soaring spear instead of the barbed one. which would drain lancer's mana reserves.
I think the soaring spear also homes onto the target, which is why archer decided to block it instead with a shield made which is conceptual defense against projectiles.

The Power Nullification from the Servant Physiology page says that any and all spells directed at a servant are negated if they don't have enough mystery. Mystery is defined on the Nasuverse page as the source of all supernatural phenomena with it being weakened by public awareness. Zhongli is an over 6000 years old god who is still heavily revered and shrouded in myths in the nation he ruled even after he supposedly died and in this key he has his Gnosis which grants him power from Celestia with Celestia being considered the abode of the gods that few people understand, so his spells should have plenty of mystery according to that definition. This isn't even going into the supernatural nature of the type of being he was and the capabilities he had before he ascended to the status of an Archon.
That's a thing to Nasuverse only, its not because a character from other verse has a higher age that it means higher mystery, since, this stuff only exist in Nasuverse, if the GI verse doesn't treat mystery as the foundation of a power then it doesn't apply to Zhong li to be able to resist 4D power null unless Zhong li is shown to be able to resist 4D power null in his verse, because this is how the Nasuverse mechanics work.

SBA only equates similar power, if the two verses have no similarity in power system then it does not apply.
Zhongli has a possible Inorganic Physiology listed on his profile and he does explicitly say that his physical structure isn't the same as that of normal people, so he probably won't die from having the part of the body wher
Not really, Gae Bolg can be used as a warhead weapon that can bypass conceptual defenses like Rho Aias, and for his AP it scales to the feat of Paul Bunyan who has an AP of 79.9 GT.

The description for Gae Bolg explicitly says that it won't work on those without hearts, which should be the case if Zhongli is inorganic or has a sufficiently different physical structure.

That's a thing to Nasuverse only, its not because a character from other verse has a higher age that it means higher mystery, since, this stuff only exist in Nasuverse, if the GI verse doesn't treat mystery as the foundation of a power then it doesn't apply to Zhong li to be able to resist 4D power null unless Zhong li is shown to be able to resist 4D power null in his verse, because this is how the Nasuverse mechanics work.

SBA only equates similar power, if the two verses have no similarity in power system then it does not apply.

Not really, Gae Bolg can be used as a warhead weapon that can bypass conceptual defenses like Rho Aias, and for his AP it scales to the feat of Paul Bunyan who has an AP of 79.9 GT.
Is that how this is usually treated? Mystery is a term that comes from the Nasuverse, so expecting the term to come up outside of it is rather unreasonable. The closest you can probably get is the supernatural abilities of a verse getting weakened through the public being aware of them. The Nasuverse page explains Mystery to be not just the source of a single or a limited amount of them but all of the powers that are supernatural in nature. Wouldn't that have some bearing for the verse equalization or am I mistaken?

"Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen." (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Battle_Assumptions)

My argument wasn't about defenses or AP but about the nature of Zhongli's body. If Gae Bolg can bypass Zhongli's defenses and kill him through AP, then that's one thing but it has no bearing on the matter of Zhongli possibly having Inorganic Physiology and having a physical structure different from normal people.

Last edited:
that how this is usually treated? Mystery is a term that comes from the Nasuverse, so expecting the term to come up outside of it is rather unreasonable. The closest you can probably get is the supernatural abilities of a verse getting weakened through the public being aware of them. The Nasuverse page explains mystery to be not just the source of a single or a limited amount of them but all of the powers that are supernatural in nature. Wouldn't that have some bearing for the verse equalization or am I mistaken?
Mystery is indeed the basis for all supernatural things, including supernatural concepts, but verse equalization does not give this to other verses if the two verses do not have anything in common in terms of the supernatural, mystery in nasuverse is treated more special than just getting aged, if only getting aged can qualify as a mystery then it is wrong.

My question is, does the GI verse have the exact mystery explanation like Nasuverse? is supernatural in GI verse the same as Nasuverse? which includes conceptual things and mystery in Nasuverse can negate it, and once again, can the characters of the GI verse be able to resist 4D stuff? if not then it's NLF, because supernatural in Nasuverse is at least 4D.
My argument wasn't about defenses or AP but about the nature of Zhongli's body. If Gae Bolg can bypass Zhongli's defenses and kill him through AP, then that's one thing but it has no bearing on the matter of Zhongli possibly having Inorganic Physiology and having a physical structure different from normal people.
Ok, my bad, i just want to say that Cu's wincon is on his AP.

Mystery is indeed the basis for all supernatural things, including supernatural concepts, but verse equalization does not give this to other verses if the two verses do not have anything in common in terms of the supernatural, mystery in nasuverse is treated more special than just getting aged, if only getting aged can qualify as a mystery then it is wrong.

My question is, does the GI verse have the exact mystery explanation like Nasuverse? is supernatural in GI verse the same as Nasuverse? which includes conceptual things and mystery in Nasuverse can negate it, and once again, can the characters of the GI verse be able to resist 4D stuff? if not then it's NLF, because supernatural in Nasuverse is at least 4D.

Ok, my bad, i just want to say that Cu's wincon is on his AP.
The thing is that Mystery is inherent to all supernatural matters in the Nasuverse and that Zhongli and his capabilities are undeniably supernatural in nature. The Verse equalization section of the Standard Battle Assumptions says that energies will be equalized if almost everyone in a verse has it and it's required to fight the character from said verse. If Mystery is so important in having anything that Zhongli can do affect Lancer at all, then I can see that being the case here especially since Servant Physiology also includes Invulnerability.

So, what sort of explanation are you asking about? Is it supposed to be about some sort of higher origin of supernatural abilities that get weakened by public awareness or something like that? The closest thing that I can think of for Genshin Impact is Celestia from which the gods apparently derive power and Visions apparently having some connection to them though hardly anyone knows much about it. As far as I'm aware none of the characters in Genshin Impact have abilities involving concepts or higher dimensions. Is the Mystery explanation intrinsically tied to concepts and four dimensionality? It isn't anything that the Nasuverse page specifically mentions in its section for Mystery, so that might need to get updated if that is the case.

I don't mind as long as we can clear things up.

Last edited:
here's lancers protection of arrows thing

Protection from Arrows: An ability that Cú Chulainn was born with, that allows him to deal with ranged attacks by predicting the projectiles' trajectories, whether through hearing the air being cut or sensing an enemy's killing intent. As long as the shooter is within his line of sight, he can track down their projectiles and defend against them, even if their projectile is a Noble Phantasm. However, it offers no protection against attacks with a great area-of-effect, or weapons that have a long reach. Lancer's B-rank in this skill allows him to hold off Gilgamesh for half a day, and effortlessly deflect Archer's arrows and True Assassin's dirks, even though he threw them from multiple directions, in between Lancer's swings, and in his blind spots.

Though isn't this nulled by the fact that zhongli has a lot of AOE attacks. (Since it offers no protection against attacks with a great AOE)

Also since zhongli has higher lifting strength with earth manipulation couldn't he just trap Cu with his earth manipulation since Class K lifting strength ain't doing shit against Class G earth manipulation.

Is the mystery explanation intrinsically tied to concepts and four dimensionality? It isn't anything that the Nasuverse page specifically mentions in its section for mystery, so that might need to get updated if that is the case.
Mystery = Magecraft, and Magecraft is listed as 4D on the Servant Physiology page. Either way, a Servant still has 4D resistance which can resist Zhong Li's Petrification.

So how high is Zhong Li's AP? Does Zhong Li can withstand Gae Bolg which is 79.9 GT.

Last edited:
So how high is Zhong Li's AP? Does Zhong Li can withstand Gae Bolg which is 79.9 GT.
Zhongli is at least as strong as Venti who narrowly beat someone who completely wrecked Andrius so Zhongli is moderately stronger than Lancer normally. Not sure if how much damage it would do but he'd live.

Question though: What qualifies as a "heart" in this context? Oh, and what is an "adeptus" in terms of physiology? If the Barbed Spear wouldn't work besides just stabbing him in the chest Zhongli would be better off goading the Child of Light into getting closer so Protection From Arrows can't help.

Though now that I think about it more; from there it would be a question of who can survive being stabbed by the other at point blank range the most... which would definitely be Lancer. That's probably an exaggeration but Lancer's Battle Continuation is still one of his most important advantages in this fight, if not the most.

The spear also carry a conceptual curse. But well iirc it can kill a servant, and Servant's heart is not something like normal hearts, it is their spiritual core which maintain them in the world.

Mystery = Magecraft, and Magecraft is listed as 4D on the Servant Physiology page. Either way, a Servant still has 4D resistance which can resist Zhong Li's Petrification.

Technically speaking mystery encompasses a lot more than just Magecraft, so considering both as the same is erroneous. Magecraft falls under Mystery but not necessarily the other way around as well. Also, Magecraft is listed under the Resistances on the Servant Physiology page and doesn't seem to be included in the Power Nullification. The Petrification Resistance in turn seems to be separate from the Magecraft Resistance though that comes from resisting the effect of Mystic Eyes which are activated through magical energy.

Zhongli's Adeptus key should be comparable to Venti who beat Decabarian who in turn defeated Andrius who performed a 34 Gigatons feat. Zhongli's Geo Archon key which is the one being used for this thread in turn is capable of easily defeating someone comparable to his Adeptus key. So, I'd say that Zhongli would get significant damage from Gae Bolg but would still be able to carry on.

what is an "adeptus" in terms of physiology?
Adepti is a term for a group of magical beings and gods. The Adepti are made up for the most part by illuminated beasts or those related to them with there apparently being humans that joined their ranks. They all have Shapeshifting, so they come in a variety of forms which means that their bodies can vary in terms of scope and structure. Not sure what this means in terms of having a biological heart.

The spear also carry a conceptual curse. But well iirc it can kill a servant, and Servant's heart is not something like normal hearts, it is their spiritual core which maintain them in the world.
How would that look like for a target with Inorganic Physiology?

Last edited:
I think it'd be best described as if they have something that could be said to be "like a heart" then it works. Not sure what that functionally means though as there are no examples of him fighting something without a heart in canon.

Technically speaking mystery encompasses a lot more than just Magecraft, so considering both as the same is erroneous. Magecraft falls under Mystery but not necessarily the other way around as well. Also, Magecraft is listed under the Resistances on the Servant Physiology page and doesn't seem to be included in the Power Nullification. The Petrification Resistance in turn seems to be separate from the Magecraft Resistance though that comes from resisting the effect of Mystic Eyes which are activated through magical energy.
Magecraft, Psychic, Mystery, Spell have the same origin energy, magical energy has a dimensional structure above 3D like soul, at least 4D, that's why all Servant resistance is 4D except for Elemental Manipulation.
Gae Bolg is one of the Conceptual Weapons, it gives him the ability to destroy the opponent's soul directly, where the soul contains concepts, information, mind and memory. making the enemy unable to regenerate after being hit by Gae Bolg's attack, and Gae Bolg being able to attack space itself. Cu will throw Gae Bolg with a Mana Burst that makes the throw faster and more destructive, as well as unavoidable.

Honestly i always thinking that conceptual attack can bypassing the inorganic physiology because well...itd conceptual for some reason

It's mentionned that "the heart" part is not really the heart but what function like a heart for the being (it's why it can function on elemental being or Ghost).

The best way to counter it's just to lack the thing that function like a heart (like kirei who don't have heart anymore etc).

But anyways he can use the NP without trying to shoot the heart and the curse still function.

Fate/stay night - Fate route - Day 15: Saber, to the Church
"He stayed alive the last time I did for some reason, so I 'pierced' him for sure this time. Don't worry. I didn't hit his heart. But the curse is still there."

Magecraft, Psychic, Mystery, Spell have the same origin energy, magical energy has a dimensional structure above 3D like soul, at least 4D, that's why all Servant resistance is 4D except for Elemental Manipulation.

Gae Bolg is one of the Conceptual Weapons, it gives him the ability to destroy the opponent's soul directly, where the soul contains concepts, information, mind and memory. making the enemy unable to regenerate after being hit by Gae Bolg's attack, and Gae Bolg being able to attack space itself. Cu will throw Gae Bolg with a Mana Burst that makes the throw faster and more destructive, as well as unavoidable.
Okay, the explanation makes sense to me. The entry for Magecraft on the page does mention that it is 4 dimensional in nature and while not all Servant Resistances are listed under Magecraft Lancer will have all of the listed Resistances either way for the purposes of this thread.

Soul Manipulation is listed among the powers on the Servant Physiology page and it does make a mention of conceptual weapons as well. Is that what you are referring to?

It's mentionned that "the heart" part is not really the heart but what function like a heart for the being (it's why it can function on elemental being or Ghost).

The best way to counter it's just to lack the thing that function like a heart (like kirei who don't have heart anymore etc).

But anyways he can use the NP without trying to shoot the heart and the curse still function.

"He stayed alive the last time I did for some reason, so I 'pierced' him for sure this time. Don't worry. I didn't hit his heart. But the curse is still there."
So, the question here is what part of Zhongli basically has the function of a heart for his body. Not sure if there is an answer that can be provided for that.

Last edited:
Okay, the explanation makes sense to me. The entry for Magecraft on the page does mention that it is 4 dimensional in nature and while not all Servant Resistances are listed under Magecraft Lancer will have all of the listed Resistances either way for the purposes of this thread.

Soul Manipulation is listed among the powers on the Servant Physiology page and it does make a mention of conceptual weapons as well. Is that what you are referring to?

So, the question here is what part of Zhongli basically has the function of a heart for his body. Not sure if there is an answer that can be provided for that.
BTW, the soul containing mind, memories, concept, information is a nasuverse only thing. Pretty sure zhongli's soul does not have mind , memories, concept, information.

Yes
BTW, the soul containing mind, memories, concept, information is a nasuverse only thing. Pretty sure zhongli's soul does not have mind , memories, concept, information.
What you need to know here is, with that ability, the Servant is proven to be able to interact and attack concepts, information, mind, and memory, so it doesn't matter whether the opponent's soul contains concepts etc or not. What is meant by the concept in the soul is the soul itself which is conceptual in nature because follow the laws of astral concepts.

Yes

What you need to know here is, with that ability, the Servant is proven to be able to interact and attack concepts, information, mind, and memory, so it doesn't matter whether the opponent's soul contains concepts etc or not. What is meant by the concept in the soul is the soul itself which is conceptual in nature because follow the laws of astral concepts.
Okay, so does Gae Bolg instantly destroy the soul or does a single attack from it merely deal damage to the soul instead of outright destroying it?

Yes

I always interpreted that as a form of non-physical interaction saying that "even if it's being used on a formless being the concept will still apply". Am I wrong about that?

I am 100% sure that curse is referring to the inability to heal wounds inflicted with this spear or attack(not sure which) as long as both Lancer and his spear exist such as when Saber got her heart grazed and only heals from her injury when Lancer dies.

Yes

Question tho, does all servants attacks destroy soul/concept/information/memories/mind? Because a strike from lancer's spear only destroyed shirou's heart and rin was able to save him.

Question tho, does all servants attacks destroy soul/concept/information/memories/mind? Because a strike from lancer's spear only destroyed shirou's heart and rin was able to save him.
Shirou was protected by Avalon shard inside his body, but because Saber at that time is not present, the sheath underperform, it protect Shirou from the conceptual curse and it effect but slow in curing the physical aspect - which is the heart got pierced, Rin only heal the physical wound, but yeah without her he could die because of blood lost

Okay, so does Gae Bolg instantly destroy the soul or does a single attack from it merely deal damage to the soul instead of outright destroying it?
yes, Gae Bolg is a Conceptual Weapon and it is stated as soul destroyer.
Q: Conceptual Weapons are fixed magical items which execute a predetermined phenomenon. They're soul smashers ("outbreakers") that beat the opponent not physically but with the weight of the soul, but would it be possible to kill only the soul of a normal person, rather than something supernatural?

A: Yes, but the effect would be reduced. Or rather, against a mundane opponent, mere physical attacks would suffice. Physical interference is not possible against formless things, such as manifestations of laws or delusions. That's why Conceptual Weapons exist, because beings that exist via concepts can only be killed by concepts.

I always interpreted that as a form of non-physical interaction saying that "even if it's being used on a formless being the concept will still apply". Am I wrong about that?
Yes, that's how it is
all Servants can destroy souls, because in order to truly harm or kill a Servant, they must be able to interact and attack Spirit Origin which is literally a soul, and thanks to that spiritual attack ability, the Servant should also be able to attack information etc because it is already nature of soul, if no then the Servant will not be able to properly harm another Servant.

Shirou was protected by Avalon shard inside his body, but because Saber at that time is not present, the sheath underperform, it protect Shirou from the conceptual curse and it effect but slow in curing the physical aspect - which is the heart got pierced, Rin only heal the physical wound, but yeah without her he could die because of blood lost
can you link where this is explained?

I dunno if this would matter much but isn't Zhongli got stomped by Raikou before? I dunno if A>B>C logic is applied here

And Zhongli most notable attacks requires him to petrifying the opponents, Cu resisted that petrification so...

I dunno if this would matter much but isn't Zhongli got stomped by Raikou before? I dunno if A>B>C logic is applied here

And Zhongli most notable attacks requires him to petrifying the opponents, Cu resisted that petrification so...
All servant resist Petrification, and lol even Archer iirc have lowest magic resistance rank which just comparable to magic resistance talisman can resist Petrification

All servant resist Petrification, and lol even Archer iirc have lowest magic resistance rank which just comparable to magic resistance talisman can resist Petrification
Medusa’s Mystic Eyes work based on the Mana stat as opposed to Magic Resistance. Archer’s B rank is enough that he needs to concentrate to not succumb and even then he’s put under pressure by it. Lancer has C Rank Mana.

Medusa’s Mystic Eyes work based on the Mana stat as opposed to Magic Resistance. Archer’s B rank is enough that he needs to concentrate to not succumb and even then he’s put under pressure by it. Lancer has C Rank Mana.
Thinking that you mistaking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back