• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupywolf5

They/Them

Match 5! Our champions are Knochen, nominated by DontTalkDT, and DJ Subatomic Supernova, nominated by Adem_Warlock69.

The Hub

The Brackets

Keys/Forms: Nothing to specify here​

AP: Knochen is superior to either 131.4532 or 265.1732 Megatons, DJ is 281.8545 Megatons​

Let Match 5 commence!

Knochen:​

DJ Subatomic Supernova:​

Incon:​

Typical most important question: what do they lead with?
(Also to follow)

Knochen has the musical performance and dancing skills, so I guess this will be a dance off lol

Using the high-end for Knochens AP calc (which I personally consider the more reasonable end) the two are almost equal in strength.

Looking at DJ's fight I think his attacks are rather predictable and not well suited to destroy a giant pile of bones.

Knochen can take a lot of hits and fly, so in the situation shown in the video, he could just spam bone projectiles and DJ would pretty quickly die IMO. Heck, he could spread his skeleton soldiers through the entire area for omnidirectional fire and I see no good way for DJ to deal with that.

Knochen can take a lot of hits and fly, so in the situation shown in the video, he could just spam bone projectiles and DJ would pretty quickly die IMO. Heck, he could spread his skeleton soldiers through the entire area for omnidirectional fire and I see no good way for DJ to deal with that.
DJ Subatomic Supernova can slam his hands down to cause asteroids to launch out of the belt and target the enemy and the Neutron Star laser that rotates around him could take care of the skeleton soldiers.
Also if his head cracks it'll become a black hole and suck up everything, I don't think Knochen can deal with that

Neither of those two moves would do much. The skeletons can just dodge the lasers and then reform. Same for the meteors. Knochen can freely reshape his body, so dodging stuff like that isn't hard and even if it hits it does minor damage at best.
Also if his head cracks it'll become a black hole and suck up everything, I don't think Knochen can deal with that
Knochen can fly, not that it is necessary as it's evidently possible to just run away from the move. The gravity of that black hole evidently isn't so strong that one can't just still fight him. Knochen just continues smashing him with bone projectiles... heck, with his helmet broken, he could be poisoned, couldn't he?

Actually, allow me to expand a bit on just how hard Knochen is to kill. Let me to start by quoting a passage of the monster manual for it:
A Pandemonium of bones. Such monsters are only vaguely referenced in legends, and in a way, it is the most powerful kind of Undead; its existence is only theorized about. As its name may suggest, it generates armies of skeletons. It is an enormous castle of walking Undead monsters. It is larger than castles of large nations; describing it would be easier by comparing it to a mountain. There is likely not an A-class adventurer party or even an S-class adventurer who would want to face this monster, as they might starve to death before the battle comes to an end.

Knochen in particular would be a particularly problematic foe. Master gladly offered it a countless number of bones of the Demon King, thinking of it as spoiling his pet. Thus, some of the bones cannot even be damaged without Orichalcum equipment. Honestly speaking, I believe that Knochen could perhaps destroy the Mirg shield-nation and occupy the capital city on its own. After all, it would be capable of dispatching a countless number of Skeletons as an extension of itself to watch citizens and dispose of them if need be, and it would become a strategic location to hold. Even if A-class adventurers capable of sundering mountains and S-class adventurers even more powerful than them were to appear, they would struggle in a battle against Knochen. Monsters like Knochen can often be defeated by destroying some kind of core at their center, but this does not apply to Knochen. Of course, Knochen is specialized in defense and generating numbers, but it does have flaws. It has limited attacking capabilities and few methods of attacking. However, as a Rank 13 monster, there is no doubt that it could overwhelm A-class adventurers through brute force.
A-Class and even more S-Class adventurers are already 7-A. And even they would have to fear starving before killing Knochen. Why? Because Knochen is gigantic. Largest castle to a mountain in size. And its durability does not come from its size. The individual bones have durability to those of 7-A characters with Knochens rankings.
It should furthermore be said that a bone that is broken, isn't unusable to Knochen. Each bone has to be burned, pulverized or at least broken into small pieces to truly count as destroyed for Knochen.
Given those facts and the size, it is no exaggeration to say that it will take hundreds of millions of clean hits with 7-A attacks to defeat him. He is a damage sponge like I have rarely seen them.
Oh, and when he goes into fortress form he gets a big stat boost, so that comes on top.

Additionally, let me say that Knochen can easily create and manipulate over ten thousand flying skeleton soldiers (even several evolutions prior his species could do ten thousand... it's likely much more now), so his damage output isn't too bad either.

ibpPeg4.jpeg

I blame @Adem_Warlock69. In so many matches they just shows up once and never show up again. Then they proceed to ignore any attempts to ask them to come back to thread to finish it. I have had multiple threads on hold because they're the knowledgeable member and simply refuse to be called back to look at the posts

So... Are you gonna respond to @DontTalkDT's arguments here?
Actually, allow me to expand a bit on just how hard Knochen is to kill. Let me to start by quoting a passage of the monster manual for it:

A-Class and even more S-Class adventurers are already 7-A. And even they would have to fear starving before killing Knochen. Why? Because Knochen is gigantic. Largest castle to a mountain in size. And its durability does not come from its size. The individual bones have durability to those of 7-A characters with Knochens rankings.
It should furthermore be said that a bone that is broken, isn't unusable to Knochen. Each bone has to be burned, pulverized or at least broken into small pieces to truly count as destroyed for Knochen.
Given those facts and the size, it is no exaggeration to say that it will take hundreds of millions of clean hits with 7-A attacks to defeat him. He is a damage sponge like I have rarely seen them.
Oh, and when he goes into fortress form he gets a big stat boost, so that comes on top.

Additionally, let me say that Knochen can easily create and manipulate over ten thousand flying skeleton soldiers (even several evolutions prior his species could do ten thousand... it's likely much more now), so his damage output isn't too bad either.

Back