• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Snatcher (A Hat in Time) VS Asgore (Undertale)

Speed is =

Both are Bloodlusted

Fight to the Death

Battle in Subcone Forest

Contracts:0

Souls:7 (Apies, Paul, Arsenal, Jim, EMagolor, Planck69,Superray06)

Inconclusive:0

The Snatcher Render
Time you saw what I'm really capable of, kid. Say goodbye to that little head of yours!

Asgore undertale 2nd anniversary print by godtiermarsupial-dbnhkvh-1-
Asgore Dreemurr

So, is there a reason Asgore dosen't immediately oneshot?

Also, if you're refering to Soul Taker in the plural then you're gonna wanna get rid of the apostrophe

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So, is there a reason Asgore dosen't immediately oneshot?
Also, if you're refering to Soul Taker in the plural then you're gonna wanna get rid of the apostrophe
I'm a bit rusty on my Undertale logic. Can Asgore harm intangible souls such as The Snatcher?

Ghosts in Undertale are immune to non-magical damage and everything Asgore does is magic based so yeah, I'd say so. And I'm pretty sure Undertale Soul damage is AP based too.

Superray06 said:
I didn't see that but how does that invalidate death manip?
Because Asgore will as well do anything to take Snatcher out. Irregardless though, Snatcher's hax are very passive and can either soul reap Asgore, induce death into him or BFR him, while Asgore can perform his abilities as quickly.

Snatcher via superior and passive hax.

Let me preface this with I haven't played A Hat in Time, but the profile paints a different picture from passive hax.

• Soul Reaping - Based on the clip provided in the profile it would appear this requires Asgore to sign a contract which isn't happening in a bloodlusted fight.
  • Induceing Death - This seems to be what happens when an opponent fails to sign a contract, but let me ask you this, what is faster? Pulling out a contract and asking Asgore to sign it or Asgore realeasing a wave of magical fire that one-shots?
  • BFR - Is stated on the profile to be trap based and therefore likely requires prep, which Snatcher doesn't have.
If I'm wrong about any of this please provide clips to prove it.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Let me preface this with I haven't played A Hat in Time, but the profile paints a different picture from passive hax.
  • Soul Reaping - Based on the clip provided in the profile it would appear this requires Asgore to sign a contract which isn't happening in a bloodlusted fight.
  • Induceing Death - This seems to be what happens when an opponent fails to sign a contract, but let me ask you this, what is faster? Pulling out a contract and asking Asgore to sign it or Asgore realeasing a wave of magical fire that one-shots?
  • BFR - Is stated on the profile to be trap based and therefore likely requires prep, which Snatcher doesn't have.
If I'm wrong about any of this please provide clips to prove it.
Of course let me clarify.

It is implied in Mustache Girl's castle that Snatcher freely took numerous a few hundred souls on his own merit and thus wouldn't require a contract. It isn't confirmed that Snatcher needs a contract to steal a soul, meaning this implication is the best we have.

Just because Hat Kid refused to sign the contract doesn't mean Asgore has to do so to be death induced, Snatcher gave Hat Kid a choice right there, to either sign his contracts or die meaning he would've and could've killed her right there if he wanted to. The refusual of contracts does not and shouldn't instantly give him the will to induce death upon him.

With this being a bloodlust battle, Snatcher wouldn't even need preparation to send him to his pocket dimension, as he can just send him there if he immediately wanted to with the bloodlust feature being on.

Clips aren't required, the link where Snatcher implies he reaped souls freely is on his page. As for the others it matters about common sense.

1. "So I've taken a few hundred soul - big deal!" A direct quote from the clip and it suggests nothing about the method, only states he has infact taken many souls.
  2. Burden of proof. We've only seen Snatcher induce death on someone after they refuse to sign a contract. You need to prove that a contract isn't required. End of story.
  3. Bloodlusting only affects a character's mindset, not how their powers work.Show me a time when he BFR's someone without prep and I'll conceed the point.
  4. I've looked at the relevent clips and they don't help your argument.

Please refer to my above arguments. Though tbf, I've been informed the AP gap isn't as large as I thought.

So I'm voting Asgore for my previous reasons.

Back