• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur General Discussion Thread

Imo, scale characters to the other feats of a weaker Nightmare, if they for real faced him, cuz i doubt they did against the one claimed to have fought abyss which again, where is source of such existing look up for any other potential feats or scaling to get better justifications, find sources or anything that indicates characters fight certain ones

Also looking up bios, endings, prologues and so on at for any worth while bit of info
Can someone help me with doing this? I think this'll help the verse a lot in terms of being more balanced.

I actually found a feat of Yun-Seong reacting to his own lightning.

7ce922.gif

For those that have trouble telling where the lightning comes from, here's a comment I found from years ago that gives a decent visual of how the feat looks.

In the speed section of Taki's profile, one of her justifications for being Supersonic+ is that she seemingly outran an explosion in the Soul Blade game.

However, when I looked up the speed of an explosion, and this is what I got:

gdgmq9I.png

This is significantly higher than Supersonic speeds, correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless the wiki already has a confirmed speed for explosions, I don't see why this wouldn't warrant a speed upgrade for the verse.

In the speed section of Taki's profile, one of her justifications for being Supersonic+ is that she seemingly outran an explosion in the Soul Blade game.

However, when I looked up the speed of an explosion, and this is what I got:

gdgmq9I.png

This is significantly higher than Supersonic speeds, correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless the wiki already has a confirmed speed for explosions, I don't see why this wouldn't warrant a speed upgrade for the verse.
Anyone got some opinions on this?

Given Soul Calibur takes place in medieval times, shouldnt explosions there be more akin to what they got available during those times?

I actually found a feat of Yun-Seong reacting to his own lightning.

7ce922.gif

For those that have trouble telling where the lightning comes from, here's a comment I found from years ago that gives a decent visual of how the feat looks.
Also i dont wanna be that guy but isnt the lightning thing just visual effect for flashyness rather then real thing? Even if its real deal, that means all characters can summon these then?

Given Soul Calibur takes place in medieval times, shouldnt explosions there be more akin to what they got available during those times?
Maybe???

I feel like it would be best to just use the normal velocity of an explosion instead of complicating things a little bit by digging through how explosions were during the medieval times tbh.

Also i dont wanna be that guy but isnt the lightning thing just visual effect for flashyness rather then real thing? Even if its real deal, that means all characters can summon these then?
Idk.

Another thing I'm curious about is whether or not we consider using SC characters' 'Destined Battles' as a way of scaling.

What does the fandom wiki of the series has to do with his tiering in the series, fandom is irrelevant in power scaling, unless it has sources to back up stuff and even so, most of their shit is interpretation
Fairs lol.

The best we can say for now is that he's Seong Mi-na who got shit on by someone Mitsurugi's comparable to.

Also forgot to point out, what exactly was i suppose to see from the link? Cuz its put to the fighting style

Uh, I believe there was a statement somewhere in that section that said Yun was a low-mid tier character. I could be mistaken.

If the character only fight is Mitsu, why is another character relevant
Idk bruh ask someone who's more knowledgeable.😭

Uh, I believe there was a statement somewhere in that section that said Yun was a low-mid tier character. I could be mistaken.
Dude thats for gameplay stuff if there is something like that, not vs related, like a character can be trash gameplay wise but in canon series could be god tier, dont mix these up
Idk bruh ask someone who's more knowledgeable.😭
So the dust? Lol

Back