• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur Feat Discussion

Every character can also move in tandem with lightning bolts that they can summon from the sky, this could result in massively hypersonic to massively hypersonic+ values, or maybe even greater who knows, depending on whatever that light thing is that shows up before the lightning strikes or how long it takes for the lightning to dissipate after landing (return stroke perhaps?).

https://youtu.be/rjBiD-vjONU?t=678

Astral chaos
Soul Edge contains Astral Chaos, the realm containing what looks like the Homunculus Nebula (the part that looks like two meteors clashing), it is also considered the "other side" of our own world, suggesting it is a parralel universe to our own and has been around for "time immeasurable", if one were to master the powers of Astral Chaos they would be able to create "entire worlds" on a whim. Because of all this, when it says "worlds", it could mean entire universes instead of planets, and the Chaos Spiritual Realm shown in Soul Calibur III also has what looks like star clusters in the background although moving, one could argue Soul Edge can move said clusters with his power at high speeds anyway.
https://youtu.be/_usxB4rOM6c And again, Inferno can create the realm of chaos on his own.

It is possible Astral Chaos is an entire universe, meaning Soul Edge contains an entire universe within it.

Evil seed planetary range
Soul Edge at least has planetary range

Soul edge is eternal
Soul Edge is "eternal"

Mitsurugi can compete with Algol
Mitsurugi drawed with Algol, SCIV was years after the previous games so it is likely he has gotten stronger as a result

Tower of lost souls astral chaos
Again that Mitsurugi fought Algol

Edge Master
Edge Master speaks of Astral Chaos eventually "consume the entire world", is also labelled as 'eternal'

Night terror immeasurable power
Night Terror has "immeasurable power" to the point even Algol avoids it. Inferno is also the 'will' or 'avatar' of Soul Edge.

Soul Calibur New Legends Of Project Soul 101.JPG
Kilik is infected by Astral Chaos as well and should likely scale to those who utilize its power.

This....is a lot. Now we do rate SC God Tiers as 5-B-5-A for the creation and full might of Astral Chaos. If accepted and not treated as an outlier (which I think would be), Inferno's feat would create some scaling oddities.

Theoretically, at most that feat would scale to

Inferno, Full Power SC Siegfried, Full Power Soul Edge Nightmare, Algol, SCV Kilik and Night Terror. One could possibly argue Alpha Patroklos, Omega Pyrrha and Elysium but I am kinda iffy on that.

For the speed, we'd likely need some calcs to get an accurate number. I want to see other opinions though. Think you can message some other people?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This....is a lot. Now we do rate SC God Tiers as 5-B-5-A for the creation and full might of Astral Chaos. If accepted and not treated as an outlier (which I think would be), Inferno's feat would create some scaling oddities.
Theoretically, at most that feat would scale to

Inferno, Full Power SC Siegfried, Full Power Soul Edge Nightmare, Algol, SCV Kilik and Night Terror. One could possibly argue Alpha Patroklos, Omega Pyrrha and Elysium but I am kinda iffy on that.

For the speed, we'd likely need some calcs to get an accurate number. I want to see other opinions though. Think you can message some other people?
I might be able to, but I don't know who to show it. I tried requesting Mr. Bambu to recalc the Abyss feat based on the description of Lost Cathedral - Ruin which should be featured in Abyss's ingame profile (though I could not find a video including it but the wikia should be trustworthy enough as it features correct descriptions for other stages as well).

https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_Cathedral_-_Rui

"The showdown that took place in this cathedral of light and water was tainted by Zasalamel, the man who seeks death. At that time, the sun faded away, as if overcome by evil, and though it was midday, the world became shrouded in darkness. Abyss, the terrible entity created by Soul Calibur and Soul Edge destroyed the cathedral itself. The energy released by Abyss caused the power of the earth to awake. Billowing clouds of steam began to rise from the grounds of this palace built upon the nexus of the world's spiritual energy lines. The pure light took on an evil glow and began to twist the hearts of men. The pure water swirled violently and became muddy, releasing the odor of death. This once holy place was turned into a violent land ruled by terror..."

It's possible Abyss covered the whole world in clouds as well as boiled it to the point everything had a fiery blur (certain shots in the stage also show cases of mass volcanic activity such as magma leaking out of a mountain) and maybe even a solar eclipse as the sun is completely blacked out and only looks normal again upon Abyss's defeat.

https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Valencia_Port-_Chaos I am unsure of this specific source but here it says in this realm time and space do not exist.

I thought it was only top tier characters that fought Inferno anyway? According to that book, Taki killed Cervantes but nothing about her fighting Inferno whilst Siegfried likely did win and was then taken over and became the Azure Knight. What scaling issues would there be? I'm not so sure about outlier either considering the whole Astral Chaos thing likely being an entire parallel universe of its own.

Yeah, I am thinking some type of upgrades are likely going to be in order. Although I am still unsure on Inferno's feat. Although that feat is also Astral Chaos iirc so that would possibly bump God Tiers to 4-A. Although I want more input before I say yay or nay (Kepe was someone who helped a bunch last revision, but he's busy with irl stuff. Try getting the admins listed on the verse page)

Like I said for speed, we need calcs. It would be useful to message some staff and calc members for this.

As for Mitsurugi, we did treat his fight as either an outlier or we wrote it off as Algol not going all out. We need to be mindful of the scaling because everyone and their mother scaling to these cosmic feats would be pretty dubious at best.

I was thinking 3-A through the whole "other side of our world" thing Edge Master talking about it swallowing our own.

I think there's still plenty of characters who wouldn't scale to those, namely Sophitia, Talim, Yun Seung, Seong Mi-na etc.

Also there'd be a much lower scale thing that could potentially scale to lower cast members and that'd be Necrid's Chaos weapon description saying at some point it will be able to consume the life force of a star though it does imply that'd be over time. Speaking of time it also says it can 'disrupt the flow of time', whatever that means.
Chaos weapon
There is also this, which could mean something but I don't know what lol.

I'm hoping to at least give the verse a much needed speed upgrade lol, fighting game verses tend to get rather lowballed in that regard.

Yeah, that wouldn't be something that would scale to anyone as we've never seen Necrid's weapon at full power have we? Even then, it would be an outlier for mid-low tiers.

So far for Top Tiers we have;

Inferno's Cloud Piercing feat

Cervantes Storm Feat

Abyss' Destruction feat which may be upgraded.

The Astral Chaos feats imo should only scale to God Tiers. I'm not exactly comfortable with scaling all Top Tiers to that feat seeing as their other feats are so much lower. Doesn't help that I am not sure what to do with Necrid's weapon feat which would eventually become Star level.

Right now, I'd prioritize speed first.

There was some part about Inferno not being able to use its full power somewhere in the book (which I may have even posted) so he just kind of asploded so take that as you will.

I have no idea on that front sadly.

I think it's best to work with what we have as of this point in time and organize everything into sections.

That helps. Before we read that though. Let's get this all organized first.

First, can you organize all AP based proposal scans into one post in the OP? Same for Speed?

Yeah, but actually, I can do that. Could you start messaging supporters from the verse page while I edit the OP?

Don't know much about Soul Calibur aside from the 4th game, but if it is made by Inferno, I can see 4-A being ok, though 3-A I'm a bit iffy on unless there's statements of it being an actual universe.

RIP, so me organizing this stuff into the OP would take a bit too much doctoring, so we'll leave it how it is.

Posted on the wall of each SC supporter.

I was thinking Colossus might shoot lasers but I have no way to confirm that they are lasers if you catch me, same goes for Night Terror but I think Chaos Spiritual Realm might involve solar clusters being moved by Soul Edge's power but I am unsure of it
Star cluster
but the background does bare some resemblance.

So, what you'll need to do now as trying to transition all these scans as is to the OP will be a big hassle. In the OP, I would need you to list all your proposals in the OP so that when people read the scans in the thread, they'll know what goes to what.

Night Terror's profile states about the stage that it contains "no heaven, no earth, no reality", it is possible what look like stars are just the souls it also mentions in that description but I believe both are a possibility as the background also contains this big red smear part that resembles a megallic cloud in a way that is constantly moving. If it were to be constantly moving through Soul Edge's power then it would be at bare minimum Massively FTL+ which would be a wonderful upgrade.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So, what you'll need to do now as trying to transition all these scans as is to the OP will be a big hassle. In the OP, I would need you to list all your proposals in the OP so that when people read the scans in the thread, they'll know what goes to what.
I know I came here posting a ton of stuff but I'm not quite sure about all the scaling just yet, I'm sure I could find a better speed feat for god tiers if I look around some more.

Should we even take into account the Star Wars crossover of SC4 as SC canon? Because then Soul Edge and Soul Calibur can "shake the foundations of the universe" https://imgur.com/a/dezYc0N

Do we have any translators here?
Sc3 story japanese
Soul Calibur III's Japanese manual, it also came with some toony comic of Cassandra, Sophitia and Olcadan playing video games. I thought it's possible we could find things in manuals, especially the Japanese versions.
Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 03.04.52

I'll wait for more discussion and calaculations before I comment further, but I do believe this has some potential for a big wave of revisions.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 03.04.52
"Transcending time and space, an eternal tale of souls and swords"

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 03.36.49
"Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords eternally retold"

Soul Calibur New Legends Of Project Soul 142.JPG
"Once in a while, a "traveler" who transcends the restrictions of the mortal world and its history"

At this rate I just might be able to find proof Soul Edge and Soul Calibur transcend space and time ie Immeasurable speeds and that'd just be dandy.

Yeah, I am also in disagreement with the whole "transcending history and the World" statement to justify Immeasurable speed. In the way SC uses it, it's more cool flowery language than these guys literally transcending time, space and the world.

Makes sense, I'll look further

@Hellbeast yeah that's what I argued before, everyone in SC can summon lightning that doesn't move in one frame, moving in tandem with it and sometimes surpassing it in speed. Ivy alone has too many of those moves to count.

There was a Soul Calibur manga comic in 5 volumes but I do not know of the canonicity and I don't believe they are translated anyway.

Back