• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur General Discussion Thread

So after participating in a versus matchup involving my boi Yun-Seong, I realized that there's a couple of abilities that he needs on his profile.

Specifically Self-Healing and Supernatural Willpower.

A discussion thread about the Soul Calibur franchise.

3BUd5sY.png

Who is this 🤤

Who is this 🤤

i might use a soul calibur character one day and i was curious which character in soul calibur is the most matchable?

(and who's the most unmatchable: either stomp or incon)

A lot of the Soul Calibur V/VI characters are painfully bland, and are nothing noteworthy.

Fortunately, most of the original cast were brought back in VI (bring back Yun-Seong now), but V suffers from a lack of recognizable characters with distinct personalities and stories.

I can see why a lot of people shit on Soul Calibur V now. Seems like the game kinda sucks.

At least I liked how that game had Devil Jin's fighting style for a character creation mode. Maxi or Talim's probably the closest in Soul Calibur VI as of now.

Mf if you don't buy an 360, One, or PS4.💀

You down horrendously.
Sorry, I might one day

but right now Is there anything you wish that the soul caliber games could add on to.

for me: (this is going to sound a little weird but I kinda wish there were more interactions between East and west characters in the story and dialogue. I know it sounds strange but I felt like a little more of that stuff couldn’t hurt)

but right now Is there anything you wish that the soul caliber games could add on to.
1. Bring Yun-Seong back.

2. If you're going to introduce new characters, make sure that they're actually have distinct personalities, good backstories, and are actually likeable instead of rebooting the entire franchise and introducing characters that are just rip-offs of the original characters.

That's all I can really think of currently.

Oh, I forgot one thing:

3. If you're going to bring guest characters from different franchises, make sure that they actually fit the aesthetics of Soul Calibur instead of just adding characters for the sake of getting more plays/money. Yoda and Darth Vader shouldn't be anywhere near Soul Calibur (also Yoda's a bitch to play against, soooo).

Oh, I forgot one thing:

3. If you're going to bring guest characters from different franchises, make sure that they actually fit the aesthetics of Soul Calibur instead of just adding characters for the sake of getting more plays/money. Yoda and Darth Vader shouldn't be anywhere near Soul Calibur (also Yoda's a bitch to play against, soooo).
Yeah they seem too futuristic.

Oh, I forgot one thing:

It's funny because the guest characters usually ended up being very powerful to game breaking (AI Yoda with ultra instinct, Link's unfair zoning, Kratos being Kratos, etc).
Yeah they seem too futuristic.
But android waifu...

Oh, I forgot one thing:

You still had characters like 2B tho in it, old school vs new school sword fight sounds nice as a concept

Back