• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Sora hears about a group of theives going around stealing hearts and goes to put a stop to it. Joker isn't to inclined to back down.

Both at High 4-C. Speed Equalized.

Sora kingdom hearts
Sora

vs.
Akira Phantom5

So since Sora's profile is being treated as a composite from what I heard in the Sora vs Kirito thread, what does Joker open up with?

GiverOfThePeace said:
So since Sora's profile is being treated as a composite from what I heard in the Sora vs Kirito thread, what does Joker open up with?
We don't know. What attack he opens up with is completely left up to player choice. We can't make an assumption of his personality, as that's dictated by player choice too. Best we can go off of are his intelligence feats, which definitely point to him being smart enough to wack him with an Almighty and be done with it, but besides that, we have no idea.

Sora loses. Timestop will be helpful, but Joker is a bit above Sora's feats of AP (Galaxy to SS I believe), and Sora would also have to deal with the odd resistances Joker would have at any given time. Joker just needs to land one clean hit, or some of his spammable mind hax. Add in the debuff war, healing/OHKO survival passives, and the like and Joker should secure the dub. Satanael being universal+ nonwithstanding.

This is Joker's High 4-C key, not the solar system one.

Sora is way higher in AP than Joker in this key iirc.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
This is Joker's High 4-C key, not the solar system one.
Sora is way higher in AP than Joker in this key iirc.
So Sora has more Atk power. Looking back I forgot Joker had time stop immunity. So I guess it comes down to Joker's hax vs Sora landing a clean hit. Joker should be a bit faster, and has third eye for increased reactions. Does sorra have any way around stuff like stat debuff/OKHO's?

Speed is equalized dude,and eveen if it wasnt sora would still be faster since he scales to being quadrillions of times the speed of light,also for OKHO he can tank Marluxia insta death hacks and sephiroth one wing angel.

Axl233 said:
Speed is equalized dude,and eveen if it wasnt sora would still be faster since he scales to being quadrillions of times the speed of light,also for OKHO he can tank Marluxia insta death hacks and sephiroth one wing angel.

Wait what

Axl233 said:
Uhhh no? What quad x c feat does Sora have? Pretty sure he doesn't go passed low millions at best.

No. Sora will die to Doom Counter in game from Marluxia. Hado/Mudo doesn't have any count down effects.

Sora would also need alot of mind hax resistance, as well as ways to get around having his stats played with.

Dr. whiteee said:
Sora would also need alot of mind hax resistance, as well as ways to get around having his stats played with.
He does. A lot of it coming from accessories, general abilites, and dream eaters.

Also where is Ren having Time Stop immumity comimg from? Cuz his profile says it's only a resistance.

Hst master said:
Dr. whiteee said:
He does. A lot of it coming from accessories, general abilites, and dream eaters.
Also where is Ren having Time Stop immumity comimg from? Cuz his profile says it's only a resistance.
I meant resistances, but he is active during a time stop during the game.

What is the extent and mechanisms for his mindhax resistances? Does he have it for stats debuffs to?

They come from resisting mindhax from heartless and dream eaters along with Zexion, a nobody whose main ability is mindhax and illusion creation. Certain Dream Eater companions increase his resistance. He's also shown to be able to raise his stats dramatically for a brief moment and resist having his defense reversed to level 1.

Hst master said:
They come from resisting mindhax from heartless and dream eaters along with Zexion, a nobody whose main ability is mindhax and illusion creation. Certain Dream Eater companions increase his resistance. He's also shown to be able to raise his stats dramatically for a brief moment and resist having his defense reversed to level 1.
I'm not quite sure the heartless are qualitatively comparable to the mindhax Joker has. Despair can kill, forgetting can whipe out a persons complete knowledge of their skillset, hunger to make them feel drained, etc. His resistances would have to be pretty potent and widespread. I don't recall any level of mindhax from heartless on that level.

OHKO and attack/speed buffs would also be his other problems if he has defense stat manipulation resistance.

Joker is twice as strong as Sora if we go by calcs.

Sora is quite a bit above the feat but iirc Joker is also slightly above his feat so I'd say they're equal.

Actually he has something to prevent OHKO. Second Chance and Once More prevent him from being One shot by a single attack or combo respectively. And has any of Jokers mind techniques worked on more than a handful of enemies at once? Because Sora has likewise affected multiple enemies with Mind Manip and resisted the same Mind Hax. Sora can buff his own stats with Drive Forms so Ren buffing himself wouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Also how likely is he to actually start with Mind Hax off the bat?

The Wright Way said:
We judge mindhax potency by how many people it can affect, not by what you can do with it.
Why? Hax is of a qualitative value not quantitative. For example, if we were solely comparing two abilities say Blackout from Gowther, and Tsukuyomi from Itachi. Tsukuyomi is clearly much more qualitative the option has it can put you in a coma, dilate your experience of time, and even kill, even if the target has some resistance (Kakashi). Where as Blackout can knock people out over a 2mile diameter, but only people with low spirit levels.

Range doesn't neccessarily equate to power of the hax itself, and should be used in such a manner when talking about two of the same hax (i.e. someone who can possess one person via some lengthy ritual vs someone who can casually possesses a planet's worth of people) with other factors (like casualness/utility of it) involved.

Assuming we go with this line of thought, was are the heartless best single feats of mindhax? Is it just possession of a single person?

Btw, Reflega is going to be a pain in the ass for Akira Ren is cursed , since it's going to reflect pretty much everything he throws at Sora.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Btw, Reflega is going to be a pain in the ass for Akira Ren is cursed , since it's going to reflect pretty much everything he throws at Sora.
Almighty attacks say no u to that as reflective sheilds in verse can't stop it.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I mean Ren doesn't really lose in that war tbf. He has passive resistances, nullification, and repels of his own on top of castable reflecting barriers.

Almighty should pierce through Reflega given it can do so to Repel and Makarakarn.

Does reflega effect status conditions or stuff like OHKO? Marluxia's Doom counter is one of the only attacks that OHKO's if it connects so reflaga working on that would help.

Hst master said:
Actually he has something to prevent OHKO. Second Chance and Once More prevent him from being One shot by a single attack or combo respectively. And has any of Jokers mind techniques worked on more than a handful of enemies at once? Because Sora has likewise affected multiple enemies with Mind Manip and resisted the same Mind Hax. Sora can buff his own stats with Drive Forms so Ren buffing himself wouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Also how likely is he to actually start with Mind Hax off the bat?
Joker has those same things, the problem here is that Joker can casually spam Mudo/Hado and almighty to get through his defenses.

Joker can do such with multiple of his spells, they will target all opponents currently fighting Joker which in P5 is usually limited to 3 or 4 I believe. Depending on the strength of the spell (low, medium, high) it has varying odds of hitting, also depends on buffs you have/resistances they have. Also wasn't sora vulnerable to that little girls mind magic in chain of memories?

As for the stats, while both of them can buff eachother, Ren can also both debuff Sora's stats, and negate any resistances he has towards Joker's various elements/increase susceptibility to ailments.

Ren also has life/soul manipulation from his almighty spells like Life Drain/Spirit Drain.

And Sora has SC/OM to protect him from spam.

I asked about it because we scale Mindhax from how many people it can affect at once. We scale Itachi's mindhax from Kabuto who could knock out a stadium of people. Also Namine's Memory Manipulation affected not only Sora but everyone he's ever come into contact with sans Nobodies and Riku, who actually resisted it across the universe. That's waaay higher than either Sora's shown Mind Manip Resistance/potency and Jokers Resistance/Potency.

Sora has several abilities to specifically buff his stats to circumvent Akira's CSF is right, Ren is cursed debuffs, both passive and active buffs.

So absorption? And again how likely is he to start with these abilities?

Hst master said:
And Sora has SC/OM to protect him from spam.
I asked about it because we scale Mindhax from how many people it can affect at once. We scale Itachi's mindhax from Kabuto who could knock out a stadium of people. Also Namine's Memory Manipulation affected not only Sora but everyone he's ever come into contact with sans Nobodies and Riku, who actually resisted it across the universe. That's waaay higher than either Sora's shown Mind Manip Resistance/potency and Jokers Resistance/Potency.

Sora has several abilities to specifically buff his stats to circumvent Akira's CSF is right, Ren is cursed debuffs, both passive and active buffs.

So absorption? And again how likely is he to start with these abilities?
Joker has those same things though. How is that going to help him from spam over and over again? Surviving an OHKO doesn't equal surviving it continuously. Almighty is going to punch passed his defenses.

Ok? That still doesn't speak to potency between moves. You are trying to quanitfy hax and it really doesn't work like that. It's sort of like the qualitative version of "Area of effect does not automatically relate to attack potency." That aside, I'd still like to see some source for the mindhax he can resist, and if any effect him in verse from enemies.

How is buffing himself going to counter act debuffing? Ren can just recast it, while already being buffed, and follow up with something more devastating. But having the debuff means he will have the advantage should they attempt to each buff.

Idk? The same chances he'd use anything else. His IC is usually the player, which one would assume given how SMT is set up, is going to go for weaknesses and fight according to opponent.

Combined with Auto Life that stacks with Dream Eaters, this can help Sora a lot. And as somebody said not all Almighty attacks are OHKO. They simply go past barriers and the like with makes Reflega and barrier related abilities like Aero Barrier useless against them for defense.

That's how it's scaled here. Mind Hax is scaled as to how many people it can affect at once not what you can do with it, which is incredibly different from AP AoE which is an false equivolence. He can resist the same mindhax he's dealt by enemies from Confusion and Terror for example there's also some resistance of Namine's Memory Manipulation when he got to Destiny Islands in CoM.

And Sora can simply buff himself. It's not a slow process either and he can already resist his defenses being lowered. Along with Sora himself being able to halve Akira's health with Gravity and impede his movements, Blind him via Blackout, Shrink him via Mini, and Poison and Bind him via.....well Bind and Poison and can combine these with physical attacks along with some absorption of his own.

So he's not guaranteed to start off with anything in particular? Got it. (I've seen the story and gameplay up to Kamosshida so not to knowledgeable in Persona).

Hst master said:
Combined with Auto Life that stacks with Dream Eaters, this can help Sora a lot. And as somebody said not all Almighty attacks are OHKO. They simply go past barriers and the like with makes Reflega and barrier related abilities like Aero Barrier useless against them for defense.
That's how it's scaled here. Mind Hax is scaled as to how many people it can affect at once not what you can do with it, which is incredibly different from AP AoE which is an false equivolence. He can resist the same mindhax he's dealt by enemies from Confusion and Terror for example there's also some resistance of Namine's Memory Manipulation when he got to Destiny Islands in CoM.

And Sora can simply buff himself. It's not a slow process either and he can already resist his defenses being lowered. Along with Sora himself being able to halve Akira's health with Gravity and impede his movements, Blind him via Blackout, Shrink him via Mini, and Poison and Bind him via.....well Bind and Poison and can combine these with physical attacks along with some absorption of his own.

So he's not guaranteed to start off with anything in particular? Got it. (I've seen the story and gameplay up to Kamosshida so not to knowledgeable in Persona).
Exactly, so while Sora has to deal with Joker's barriers and resistances/repels/drains/healing, surviving passives. Joker has a viable option that always bypasses his defenses and Sora has no idea it's going to fail. Doesn't help that Foul Breath (increased susceptibility to hax), spirit/Life Drain, Ghastly Wail (Ohko to anyone under fear) are almighty as well on top of regular damaging attacks. All the while Joker having the option to make him more susceptible to hax, debuff him, and negate resistances to elements Joker has.

But does Sora ever get affected by mindhax in the series and by whom if so? Foul Breath seems like it could be a key player in that scenario. Joker's attack listed as "all enemies" should reasonably scale to his other attacks which are massive in range.

It's not a false equivalence. If I can slightly alter one aspect of one memory over a country range, but my opponent can completely mindwhipe and replace the whole lives of a city worth of people, which mindhax is more potent? Things like ha affecting people with resistances should also be taken into account. But I will go under the same assumptions held here for now although I don't agree.

Once again buffing himself is going to get negged everytime by the simple casting of a spell. While Joker can powerup and attack while Sora is debuffed. His defense buff may saty but not speed or attack, which will give Joker advantage who already also has third eye to help with reactions. Alot of Sora's spells are also projectile, and come from the keyblade while Kira can mentally cast and most spells conjure on target. Meaning Joker should be able to cycle his stuff pretty easily and build off every successful thing. Joker also has healing both passively and actively.

I just think there is alot of overlap and Joker just has a bit more in his bag to win with.

This is widely assuming Joker would keep spammimg after seeing Sora revive and survive his Almighty attacks/OHKO. Sora has absorption just as he has absorption, Fear Manip falls under Mind Manipulation. That said we're essentially going in circles in which I say Sora counters Jokers debuffs with his own active buffs and then you say Joker counters with more debuffs and so on and so forth.

You could always make a CRT on how we treat Mind Manip. Also yes, since a character named Sinbad can impose his will towards one specfic thing across mankind and has high 2-A mind and fate manipulation because of it unlike Itachi who can do so much more on a single or handful of people. That said Sora has resisted Mind Manipulation and it's sub categories, Fear Manipulation(Which can makes you retreat) and Memory Manipulation(Started to remember Kairi). That said he has affected Heartless that are resistant to Mind Manip and other things (Like Time Stop or Time Slow). Not elemental however since they simply absorb the attack.

Sora can use his magic in a variety of ways from Projectiles to wrapping it around either himself or the Keyblade or in a wave. Sora as well can have both passive healing via regen and active healing via Cure applications(Healing overtime, all at once or creating a healing field for himself) and several ways to impede his movements such as Gravity, Bind, and Magnet. And yes, Sora can increase his speed and agility via Dash and Flowmotion and attack via Berserk and several Elemental Boosts and Screens(Resistances essentially) coming from Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Darkness, Poison, and Light/Holy. And can apply all around defensive buffs to himself. Like Shell and Protect. Reflect Guard would be useless against the non stat effecting Almighty Attacks (I.e. the ones that are straight up attacks that ignore defensive measures like Megido)

That said I'll reply again tomorrow, going to bed now.

Hst master said:
This is widely assuming Joker would keep spammimg after seeing Sora revive and survive his Almighty attacks/OHKO. Sora has absorption just as he has absorption, Fear Manip falls under Mind Manipulation. That said we're essentially going in circles in which I say Sora counters Jokers debuffs with his own active buffs and then you say Joker counters with more debuffs and so on and so forth.
You could always make a CRT on how we treat Mind Manip. Also yes, since a character named Sinbad can impose his will towards one specfic thing across mankind and has high 2-A mind and fate manipulation because of it unlike Itachi who can do so much more on a single or handful of people. That said Sora has resisted Mind Manipulation and it's sub categories, Fear Manipulation(Which can makes you retreat) and Memory Manipulation(Started to remember Kairi). That said he has affected Heartless that are resistant to Mind Manip and other things (Like Time Stop or Time Slow). Not elemental however since they simply absorb the attack.

Sora can use his magic in a variety of ways from Projectiles to wrapping it around either himself or the Keyblade or in a wave. Sora as well can have both passive healing via regen and active healing via Cure applications(Healing overtime, all at once or creating a healing field for himself) and several ways to impede his movements such as Gravity, Bind, and Magnet. And yes, Sora can increase his speed and agility via Dash and Flowmotion and attack via Berserk and several Elemental Boosts and Screens(Resistances essentially) coming from Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Darkness, Poison, and Light/Holy. And can apply all around defensive buffs to himself. Like Shell and Protect. Reflect Guard would be useless against the non stat effecting Almighty Attacks (I.e. the ones that are straight up attacks that ignore defensive measures like Megido)

That said I'll reply again tomorrow, going to bed now.
Why wouldn't he be able to? Sora will be the one at disadvantage given he will have to take time to recover. Joker is literally staring at him, why wouldn't he follow up and take advantage? What can he absorb? Certainly not almighty, and I doubt he can absorb curse or mental ailments, so not really helping too much once Joker realizes almighty ganks.

I also don't know how Sora's passive deal with Death/Life Hax. Marluxia's timer is clearly something Sora couldn't take, and is actually the only OHKO in that game. For me to believe he can survive the OHKO, I'd also have to assume something changed since then, in that he could survive Marluxia strongest attack which he couldn't prior.

As for the mindhax stuff we will have to pick that up at another time, for now we can work with the Vswiki assumption of range = potency. One could possibly scale Joker's range to his other attacks that hit all enemies, or even something generic as a palace owner, who can control the whole AOE of their palaces including their cognitive minions. It's kind of hard to translate "all enemies" from a game with limited enemy slot spaces in combat for more practical reasons, but I would assume had joker used an "all enemies" targeting attack, say vs the Cop mob at the beginning of the game, it would indeed target all of his enemies, same with the casino room, etc.

Like I said, Joker has all of those things. But most of Jokers spells conjure on target, making dodging harder. Sora has mostly projectiles or aim based attacks. I mean even in CqC Sora has to deal with Persona's and Joker who gets their stats which is another dynamic not in his favor.

Like I said, Joker can literally rip any inherent resistances that Sora has to any one of his elements. Sora has fire resistance? Welp time to strip that away. Sora ups his speed? Let's de-buff that. All while Joker can do the same buffs and not be hampered by negations, and Sora lacks any OHKO or ability to bypass barriers outside of pounding on them with atk power.

Joker also has a large AOE advantage being able to drop dozens of stars on Sora, or create Quasaras in his face.

You shouldn't quote large walls of text.

Because Sora will literally revive in front of him several times, thus I very much doubt he'd decide to spam something the enemy very much has a way to survive. He absorbs Magic and Health with each strike which is nearly the same as Jokers absorption. And yet again, not all Almighty attacks are OHKO. Several you just mentioned are ailments Sora resists both passively and actively.

Auto Life automatically ressurects Sora and co. upon death. This is several games, not just CoM.

We don't scale Mind Hax to other abilities my dude, we scale it specifically to how many people it's been shown to be able to affect at once. In other words Joker has only been shown to affect a handful of enemies at once, something Sora can easily deal with and has done himself. Mindhax is arguably useless in this match.

Reflega handles most things that aren't either Almighty or status effects like lowering resistances. That said it's literally the exact same for Sora. Joker takes away his passive resistances? Sora uses active ones. Joker lowers his speed? Sora buffs his speed in response. Not to mention Sora has canocially dozens of dream eaters to Summon to buff him even more. Jokers debuffs aren't a problem as Sora has more than enough ways to rebuff himself and attacks that act as both attack and defense (Salvation and Faith/Holy heal him while creating pillars of light around him) Again Sora has several ways to prevent Joker from moving or landing any attacks such as Gravity, Mini, Zero Gravity, Blackout, and Bind, which Joker doesn't have a counterpart to and no resistance against. These have AoE as well. Not to mention Flowmotion as well to stay agile throughout Central Park, the place essentially being a perfect area for him to use it. There's also Sora's power mimicry to copy abilities Joker uses and can even enhance his melee range to hit enemies farther away.

You aren't getting my point. Auto life is not something Sora can abuse...It's literally a one time thing. While Joker can casually spam Mudo/Hado spells like it's nothing with passive boost to it's efficacy.

It's joker's mind hax, I am talking about AOE. You literally just told me that Itachi "scales" to Kabuto's pre time skip feat did you not? Joker's "handful" is only due to game limitations, not some problem with his AOE. It is reasonable to assume he can cast his spells that designate "all enemies" in proportion to his other AOE/things he scales to. I wouldn't say it's useless given that Joker has a diverse pool of it that once again, spaawns on target, or come as the result of an attack. Most importantly you aren't taking in the fact that Joker can not only boost his mind hax quality, but also make Sora more susceptible to ailments making it much easier for Joker to affect him.

Yes and as I explained to you, Joker can keep nullifying him, and benefit from his own stat increases that Sora can't do anything about, giving him and edge over several categoeis, at some point between him getting smashed by Almighty Attacks, targeted by OHKO's, and trying to continuously recast his buffs, he is going to be giving Joker many openings to continuously hit him hard. Joker can stay in a state of advantage much easier.

Joker can create a legitimate Quasar. I don't think that gravity spells quite stack up to the real thing on steroids. Assuming they land they would be a bit troublesome but you also forget that Joker can simply spawn his Persona's stand style to attack or defend in that interval. Same with bind. Not to mention he has reflective barriers which can protect him from magical attacks and send it back at Sora, and his Persona resistances are passive so sora would still have to work around them in best case scenario before his spell was broken or ran out.

Joker's OHKO's, Almighty attacks (which is not only damage but life/soul absorption/and spells to make Sora susceptible to mind hax), and buff/resistance negation are much bigger threats to Sora.

Auto Life is something Sora both has himself and can be casted on him by one of his Dream Eaters and be actively casted upon himself by himself.

And I just said that Jokers mindhax has only been shown to affect a handful of enemies at once. Saying it's "Game Mechanics" isn't a argument given that Sora is literally in the same situation. They affect a certain amount of enemies in combat. Not in the whole room, especially when enemies are visibly unaffected by moves used in the last battle despite being in the same room.

And like I said Sora and his Spitis stat buffs counteract Jokers debuffs. Jokers debuffs won't automatically render Sora or his spirits incapable of buffing him. Joker can debuff all he wants but when Sora or his spirits can simply rebuff him. they're not that much of a problem. Joker nor his persona have resistances to several of Sora's magic such as shrinking them, blinding them, impeding their movements and cutting their health in half and so on and so forth. And again Reflega > anything that isn't a Almighty attack.

Ok? He still can't spam it, which is what you claimed. I'll need evidence of it working, especially when, once again, in story stuff from marluxia can OHKO Sora no matter what.

This argument is literally explaining why game mechanics should not be seen as rigid. You're using the same type of logic that is used to try and outright dismiss feats like morning star or Big Bang challenge because "how did that explosion go off and not damage the room". It's practical limiatations of the animation. You might as well say Joker has can only act once a turn and has to let his enemy hit him as well. The fact of the matter is we know the move says it targets "all enemies". We know Joker has come into situations against way more than a handful of enemies, and we know Joker has immense AOE with some of his attacks. Then to top of all that once again (a point which you haven't addressed) Joker can increase his potency and decrease Sora's reisstances to any mind hax.

Yes it will, it's literally ability negation. He can keep trying all he wants but he is going to get silenced everytime he attempts it, while Joker can just heat riser once and never have to worry about Sora taking his buffs away. That creates an inherent advantage for Joker who doesn't have to do the extra step of dealing with negation everytime he attempts to power up.

Reflega isn't something he can keep up every second, especially when he's going to be buffered by getting smacked by almighty attacks and coming back from the brink of death from OHKO's. Not to mention Joker can just use resistance negation/barrier negation spells.

I never said he couldn't spam Auto Life. In fact I said thanks to the multiple ways it can be applied, it stacks. And that's also not true given that you can use Auto Life in the final fights. And to top it off this is a composite Sora, I.E. a Sora with all abilities he's had across the games.

No I'm not. In battle Joker and Sora (In CoM) are only shown affecting a handful of enemies with Mindhax in the battle. Nowhere is this treated as if every enemy in the room is affected (With exceptions like Room Keys in CoM but I digress) simply because it says "All enemies" And yes I have addressed this. several times. Lowering his resistance is debuffing

>And like I said Sora and his Spitis stat buffs counteract Jokers debuffs. Jokers debuffs won't automatically render Sora or his spirits incapable of buffing him. Joker can debuff all he wants but when Sora or his spirits can simply rebuff him. they're not that much of a problem.

Sora has resistance to silence via KH1, Days, and DDD.

Sora can't debuff Joker (At least not this Sora I think.) and like I said Sora doesn't have to directly rebuff himself. His spirits can independent from him. Meaning for example Joker debuffs Sora's attack one of his spirits can very easily rebuff him without him asking them to. They act like bootleg Donald and Goofy essentially.

>"Reflega > anything that isn't a Almighty attack. "

Code:
I literally said that it would be able to deal with anything that wasn't Almighty.

Back