• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
>That argument equals saying Mario is like invulnerable to whatever Sora does at all times. Which I feel justified in very much doubting to be the case.

Isn't that what you're saying for Reflega?

@HST. True story, I heard people on this site say that Once More/Second Chance prevent Sora from getting one shot by a 4-A. Ironically enough, said 4-A was Mario when he had a 4-A key.

FateAlbane said:
@Bobsican That argument equals saying Mario is like invulnerable to whatever Sora does at all times. Which I feel justified in very much doubting to be the case.
Also seemingly assuming Mario legitimately will always pull the very best possible strategy at all times and turns of the battle here, as if he even knows what Sora can and will do isn't the kind of reasoning that's going to change my mind.
Here, Mario literally one-shots Bowser by walking

He is very likely to pull good strategies, note that he has far more experience, then again.

> whats stopping Mario from just using his vanish cap to bypass the Reflega with intangibility?

The fact that even nonexistent beings (that shouldn't be nonexistent) can't bypass it.

@Marionaruto Intangibility never bypassed Reflega since there are ghosts and nobodies which are a step up from that (being non-existent) and they don't just walk through it. Sora resisted transmutation from a guy who could turn people into cards or a dice and still could fight as both.

I haven't ever seen any dices out there that can take High 4-C attacks and move around, so transmutting Sora isn't reducing his power level or what he can endure even if it works.

Lots of game mechanics going on with the whole "Impossible for HP to reach 0".

Sora himself has the skills Once More and Second Chance which prevents him from being oneshotted by either combo or too much damage from a single attack.

The real cal howard said:
>That argument equals saying Mario is like invulnerable to whatever Sora does at all times. Which I feel justified in very much doubting to be the case.
Isn't that what you're saying for Reflega?
No. Reflega is just something Sora can spam and was shown to reflect physical force or spells from people who outclassed him by a seemingly higher margin than Mario has here. Thus based on that I'm assuming it works.

Doesn't mean if Sora dropped his guard, or didn't parry or use it Mario would up and hit him to no effect. My argument relies on him having fought similar situations to here and emerging victorious.

Meanwhile on the other side I'm hearing things like "Mario is invulnerable" "Mario can walk straight through Reflega" "Mario can oneshot" and so on, so forth.

I wanna see a KH cutscene battle where two fighters just sit there spamming Reflega until one of them runs out of magic lol.

@Cal Exactly because I knew you would say that at some point, the link I sent to you above involved the entire mechanic of the match against Lexaeus superior power instead of Reflega spam, lol

You do know I could also dismiss a lot of Mario's alleged use of powers here if I went the cutscenes route, right? But I'm not doing that.

@Fate.

...what I said was a joke. A literal joke. That wasn't even an argument. I was legitimately saying I would like to see that animated.

Still. I've argued enough on my end here.

My vote remains as is. If someone wants to follow or vote different, go ahead. That's it from me. I invested more time in this debate than I assumed I would when it started. RIP

@HST. True story, I heard people on this site say that Once More/Second Chance prevent Sora from getting one shot by a 4-A. Ironically enough, said 4-A was Mario when he had a 4-A key.
Got 'em

>Why Sora does not just win every fight easily.

According to cutscene (which as we know in Kingdom Hearts are the Pinnacle of Accuracy.), Sora is never winded or too scathed at all.

Either way. Keyblade Boi FRA.

I wanna see a KH cutscene battle where two fighters just sit there spamming Reflega until one of them runs out of magic lol.
Sora vs Wisemon would basically be that. lol

The arguments for Sora have convinced me, he takes this battle FRA. I wonder what Mario character we should throw Sora against next? We've done Bowser and now Mario, maybe we could do King Boo since he's not used often and is one of the more haxed characters in the series.

Because everything he can do on the ground (that matters) he can do in the air. Mario on the other hand becomes more limited + can lose it.

Bobsican said:
Mario can literally ignore walls by long jumping in quick succesion.

For real, one thing fo sure is that Mario has far better flight than Sora, which allows him to just attack him without having to worry about reflega, as it seems the range of the explosions don´t reach that far.
>Flight

He can summon Tinkerbell and Peter Pan to help him fly, summon Cloud to fly in with Omnislash, Fly on his own with Glide, he naturally flies with Final Form, and several dream eaters are flight based.

Yes, Sora can fight in the air, but he can´t do much against someone that flights too high.

Meanwhile, Mario can just use the Wing Cap to fly fast and high to then just spam ranged attacks.

Why would Mario do that?

Also, Sora has planetary range and he can just spam reflega to stop the projectiles.

Or, you know. Dodge.

Hst master said:
>Flight

He can summon Tinkerbell and Peter Pan to help him fly, summon Cloud to fly in with Omnislash, Fly on his own with Glide, he naturally flies with Final Form, and several dream eaters are flight based.
Glide only helps to... well, glide, so it doesn´t really help t go upwards.

The summons, however, can be an issue, but that still doesn´t prevent Mario from just using very ranged attacks.

FateAlbane said:
He is clearly gliding, not flying, aka, he can´t go upwards without something to jump on.

As for why Mario would do that, once he notices he can´t simply get past Reflect, he´ll try other stuff like this.

There´s still nothing preventing Mario from just using the hammer onto the magic stuff to reflect it back, then again.

If you watched the whole thing, you would see Sora literally jumping up because the ship thingy was too high. And he jumped really damn high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back