• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless someone brings a legitimate calc to justify the AP being claimed for Mario in this thread, Sora literally waves his keyblade a bit too hard at Mario and he's dead.

Bobsican said:
Mario is also High 4-C in base, and the Power Stars are also High 4-C at a low-end.

It´s comparable enought.
Except that calc can't be applied to base Mario and that's who's in this match. Being High 4-C doesn't make it applicable to base Mario

Except for the fact that he's beaten Power Star amped beings without being empowered himself. The calc's been accepted for like, a year plus. Heck, even Screwattack('s prediction blog) used the calc.

Also, Sora's ice isn't AZ or has any feats close to it.

Idek.

Anyway, my vote is...I don't know yet. Mario's stronger, has better power ups, and had more experience while Sora has the better techniques, better weapon, and more useful healing.

Sora resists Vexen's Ice which is stated to be AZ in his weapon description which is made from his power to begin with. Sora should have resistance to AZ going by that - not sure if we should be scaling Sora's own ice magic to Vexen's when that's his specialty in the series, though.

A Shotlock command in BBS also mentions AZ (though I can't find description for that one so it could be just name).

Also experience isn't that much of a factor since Master Xehanort/Ansem/Xemnas/Braig/name practically every major villain in the series have bajillions more experience than Sora and that doesn't stop him from fighting the guy.

I read all of KHWikis descriptions of Vexen's weapon and it doesn't mention anything about it being absolute zero. The shotlock is just a skilled called Absolute Zero, which can be upgraded which means it's not really AZ anyway.

Plus, the actual depiction of Vexen's ice magic isn't what AZ would look like, so it's probably hyperbole.

Edit: Ninja'd by Cal.

It's just referring to its name, not that it's actually AZ. It's like saying Firaga is the ultimate fire spell.

That sounds like outright dismissing the power from the user when it comes from the main ice user in the series and it's mentioned in both name and description of the weapon, tbh.

Darkanine said:
It's just referring to its name, not that it's actually AZ. It's like saying Firaga is the ultimate fire spell.
False equivalence. Firaga isn't called 'absolute hot.'

You're misinterpreting the first sentence of the description. It's saying Absolute Zero++ is the ultimate Absolute Zero in the same way Master Sword Lv 3 is the Ulitmate Master Sword. It's the ultimate form of the weapon called Absolute Zero.

Frieza's Supernova isn't High 4-C, and Big Bang Kirby isn't 3-A.

The real cal howard said:
Except for the fact that he's beaten Power Star amped beings without being empowered himself. The calc's been accepted for like, a year plus. Heck, even Screwattack('s prediction blog) used the calc.
Also, Sora's ice isn't AZ or has any feats close to it.
That sounds like humoungous inconsistency, he's shown clearly lower feats at High 4-C then the higher calc'd ones, and what are the cases wwhere he beats power star amped beings?

@Cal Also for that edit: Frieza's Supernova, or Vegeta's Big Bang attack or Kirby are utterly contradicted or dismissed by other facts in the verse which make said tier changes inviable.

For Vexen having AZ there's literally no contradiction that would arise in-verse when he's literally *the* most specialized user of it in the whole series and at worst would only mean his enemies resist it.

But again, whatevs, it's not.

There's the fact that it doesn't have any of the qualities of AZ. It's the same reason we don't give any old person claiming to use black holes the benefit of the doubt.

"the* most specialized user of it in the whole series."

Inb4 Elsa

Either way. Reflega reflects physical attacks too (just try it against good ol' Lexaeus) so Mario having the AP advantage (which Lexaeus has for most of his fight) doesn't help. It helps him get more damage reflected at him instead.

Also if we talk about "fighting more physically powerful people", Lexaeus can get up to 99999 power by comparison to Sora's measly 100 in game. Doesn't stop him from either reflecting or adapting to parry him and counter with Mega Impact to which the strength of the attack is "whatever Lexaeus current power is + Sora's own".

So there's another reason why AP advantage (on this scale) isn't being any problem for Sora. In fact, it may well become a problem for Mario for the reason I mentioned in the reply right above this one.

FateAlbane said:
Either way. Reflega reflects physical attacks too (just try it against good ol' Lexaeus) so Mario having the AP advantage (which Lexaeus has for most of his fight) doesn't help. It helps him get more damage reflected at him instead.
Mario can easily start a battle with a constant invisible forcefield aroung him that can tank up to 6 attacks, so Mario can just notice this when he tries to jump onto it and then the next time will just charge his hammer to slam it even harder onto Sora right after the move finishes.

Bobsican said:
Mario can easily start a battle with a constant invisible forcefield aroung him that can tank up to 6 attacks, so Mario can just notice this when he tries to jump onto it and then the next time will just charge his hammer to slam it even harder onto Sora right after the move finishes.
1. Since we went the dismissal route for Sora that leaves me fully free to dismiss Mario in this as well: Game mechanics.

2. Doesn't matter since Reflega reflects a crapton of multiple explosions on the attacker if they so much as try to scratch it anyways.

3. Forcefields are nothing new to Sora. Keyblade dispelled them in certain ocasions.

Also Sora can spam Reflega if he needs to. Even if he doesn't, if Mario uses his hammer, Sora parries him just like he parries Lexaeus at 99999 PL vs his 100 and counters with Mega Impact turning Mario's own AP against him.

The real cal howard said:
There's like two constellation feats (which even then iirc aren't baseline). One by Yoshi and another by Antasma. Third feat belongs to Power Stars.
Uh Yoshi's is quite literally a single star, Antasma's scales to Dreamy Luigi's who's feat who has only around 23 stars, which would be 1.5E42(or43), which is barely above baseline. No where do any of these feats go even near Power Stars feats which are quite literally 1.18591296000000005e+47. That's like a e+5 or e+4 difference, mind you the dreamy luigi feat was an active amp for Mario. You also didn't answer my second question.

I don´t think being left unable to do anything else while using Reflega is game mechanics, note that Sora is clearly still holding onto it, aka, if he tries to do something else, it just vanishes, unless you mean him just using it while Mario is attacking.

Mario can also Power Null it, but I don´t know how it works as the profile doesn´t give details of that.

@Bob I mean game mechanics is the whole thing about "Mario tanks any 6 attacks".

Reflega does not leave you open at all in game. Not sure where that idea came from. In fact after the spell barrier has already disappeared and the reflection effect is still going on, you can start to move for a window of time without being hit quite yet.

Sora can spam it one after another if the enemy is trying to spam him too, so battle of attrition against Reflega just means the opponent keeps taking more and more damage if they try to persist in hitting you unless it's a boss with Invincibility frames.

Power Null won't work since Sora resists/has Power Null of his own. Luxord once tried that with something pretty complex, too (Zexion's absent Sillhouette fight too, technically). Backfired spectacularly on him/them.

Terra's Lingering Will also does it to the point where you can't even physically attack, too/or to the point you're binded and if you try to do something you lose energy instead on top of the paralysis and Sora can recover from/dispel it.

How often is Mario to actually use this Invisible forcefield of his? Also Sora can use Magic on the move in Drive Forms

Welp, in that case Mario can´t do much against that, however, since when he can spam a particular spell? I´m sure he has to recharge it by waiting.

Oh yeah, maybe I confused it with some other move.

As for the 6 attacks, I mean, it can even tank hits form Antasma, note that it isn´t even that good, as a combo or a multi-hit attack easily breaks it as those moves easily reach 6 hits.

By the way, add this to the OP, it´s very fitting

As for the invisible forcefield, well, it´s a basic piece of equipment he can simply equip like the Super Suit, which activates once a battle starts.

Like I said, a single Reflega spell reflecting one simple hit from the enemy, hits the same enemy a lot of times. So the shield tanking 6 hits isn't changing anything either, tbh.

Also yes, in case I haven't yet, count me for Sora, reasons already told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back