• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts) vs Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that Mario can also recharge his cards by taking or dealing damage, and should he fall in battle, he has a equipment that passively brings him a 1-Up mushroom to his mouth to bring him back to peak condition quickly (So long he still has some in hsequipment, however).

I also almost forgot to say that Mario can also recharge his cards once he takes and/or deals a notable amount of damage to negate durability with a spark that ignores forcefields.

Mario going back to peak condition isn't a factor in this match, when even without items Sora still has Curaga which heals himself to top condition at any time. And it's not one-time use. And it's acknowledged in-verse since many times we've seen people like Donald heal people who were exhausted or wounded from a hard fight back to top condition with the exact same spell.

Bobsican said:
Note that Mario can also recharge his cards by taking or dealing damage, and should he fall in battle, he has a equipment that passively brings him a 1-Up mushroom to his mouth to bring him back to peak condition quickly.
I also almost forgot to say that Mario can also recharge his cards once he takes and/or deals a notable amount of damage to negate durability with a spark that ignores forcefields.
and taht card recharging is great, but he still gets oneshot

@Zephyros Actually it was stablished that Mario does hold the AP advantage from Cal's calc, it's just that from Sora's experience with Lexaeus, he can use that in his favor.

@Fate. How does that work again, btw? Not doubting at all, and I'm pretty sure you said it above, but I'm still curious.

@Hst master

To explain why Mario is scaled to Antasma, during the battle Antasma forcefully pulls Luigi out and puts him into one of his power orbs. Antasma can also eat and get amped by Dreamy Luigi to fight against a now un-amped Mario who is still able to fight evenly against Antasma.

@Cal As I explained above, Sora can parry and Mega-Impact counter attacks from people far stronger than him physically, like Lexaeus. You can see this here, for example. Lexaeus power at that point had risen past 65000 and rising, while Sora keeps consistently at 100 throughout the whole battle. However when he parries Lexaeus his power level skyrockets to become "Lexaeus current AP + His own", for devastating damage.

Other than that, Reflega still reflects his attacks damaging him a lot, even while you're at 100.

FateAlbane said:
Mario going back to peak condition isn't a factor in this match, when even without items Sora still has Curaga which heals himself to top condition at any time.
And it's not one-time use. And it's acknowledged in-verse since many times we've seen people like Donald heal people who were exhausted or wounded from a hard fight back to top condition with the exact same spell.
Maio´s isn´t a one-time use either, he also has an ability that allows him to duplicate how much he can heal with a mushroom, and even another piece of equipment that automatically makes him eat a Super Mushroom that heals so much that often sends him to peak condition quickly.

His healing abilities aren´t a one-use, either, he can use them so long he has the items in stock avaiable, o which he can have an high amount (at the very least 10 to avoid "game mechanics" arguments).

He also has another piece of equipment that can sometimes reflect onto the one that did it the damage got from an attack, which ignores barriers, which will be useful for this match.

Also, to show that I'm not bringing this out of nowhere on the Curaga thing either, see Donald bringing Sora to full condition here after his fight against Replica Riku when Larxene was about to finish him off - with Curaga spell. Sora is brought to top condition again to fight against her. Thus the full heal from Curaga is acknowledged in the story.

Yes, both physical and any other item based attacks Mario uses. This barrier also works on people with a higher AP to him(as shown with Lexaus fight).

Bobsican said:
His healing abilities aren´t a one-use, either, he can use them so long he has the items in stock avaiable, o which he can have an high amount (at the very least 10 to avoid "game mechanics" arguments).
Pretty sure we don't allow consumable items otherwise Sora himself can have tons of ethers, hi-ethers, potions, hi-potions, elixirs, and so on which makes him pretty much a borderline inexhaustible pile of resources here.

Curaga is also noted to full heal and replenish stamina by Aerith healing Yuffie while she was simply exhausted during the battle of 1000 Heartless and Mickey healing Aqua and Ventus in their respective battles against Vanitas to top condition.

FateAlbane said:
Pretty sure we don't allow consumable items otherwise Sora himself can have tons of ethers, hi-ethers, potions, hi-potions, elixirs, and so on which makes him pretty much a borderline inexhaustible pile of resources here.
I´m not sure about that part, so I can´t tell.

Yeah, that's why it's so useful in boss battle's where the boss can just one shot you.

So like, what's stopping me from like, cheezing every battle with Reflega in game? Again, actually asking.

The real cal howard said:
So like, what's stopping me from like, cheezing every battle with Reflega in game? Again, actually asking.
After you get it? Literally nothing.

Not kidding you.

You can beat some of the strongest bosses in the game by doing nothing but spamming reflega for the whole fight.

You don't get reflega into late into the game for the first part, secondly, lots of invincibility frames for bosses and reflega drains a lot of mana.

GiverOfThePeace said:
You don't get reflega into late into the game for the first part, secondly, lots of invincibility frames for bosses and reflega drains a lot of mana.
I knew he couldn´t spam it, which means that Mario can petty much just wait whiel dodging whatever Sora may do while protecting himself.

Bobsican said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
I knew he couldn´t spam it, which means that Mario can petty much just wait whiel dodging whatever Sora maydo while protecting himself.
And... how would Mario know that the reflega reflects his attacks when it's just a barrier that opens up mid-attack?

• Note how you can literally be hitting one of the would-be hardest bosses in the game while a single use of Reflega is still in effect.

Mario has Star Invincibility. That's...all I can say for him at this point.
Oh yeah, I was forgetting that thing existed.

Mario can also use the White Tanooki form in the worst case scenario.

Sora FRA, btw. Reflega is broken af. I honestly don't see how he could lose to any High 4-C without hax at this point.

I´m sure Mario can ignore it with the White Tanooki suit, given that Mario seemingly has the AP advantage.

@Bob While Mario does have the AP advantage, it was already explained why it works against him in this particular case.

FateAlbane said:
@Bob While Mario does have the AP advantage, it was already explained why it works against him in this particular case.
What happens with the White Tannoki form, is that he basically gets invulnerability in a similar fashion to the Starman and passively sends flying anything in his path, which allows him to just walk past Reflect and punch Sora.

That's the thing: Mario can't walk past Reflega. Curaga + resistances allows Sora to survive long enough to realize to spam Reflega.

One does not simply "walk past" Reflega.

Not even non-existent beings (aka Nobodies) walk past Reflega. They get their non-existent punches and powers reflected don't ask me how but it happens.

FateAlbane said:
One does not simply "walk past" Reflega.
Not even non-existent beings (aka Nobodies) walk past Reflega. They get their non-existent punches and powers reflected don't ask me how but it happens.
What happens is that his invulnerability takes it, he can also stack it into an extra Metal form to not flinch by using the Metal Cap, allowing him to at least temporally bypass it and then just punch Sora a la Mario 64

I now wanna see Sora vs a 2hu. Danmaku gets reflected back.
As much as I'd love that, 2hus have Mind Based Low-Godly regen.

Also I actually did a KH vs 2hu once for Kaguya vs Young Xehanort in which she won after a while.

That said Once More and Second Chance quite literally prevent Sora from getting immediately one shotted and Combo'd by enemies respectively. Alongside Leaf Bracer giving him uninterrupted healing, and arguably being able to passively heal with Cura(Days version of Cura passively heals the user.)

@Bobsican That argument equals saying Mario is like invulnerable to whatever Sora does at all times. Which I feel justified in very much doubting to be the case.

Also seemingly assuming Mario legitimately will always pull the very best possible strategy at all times and turns of the battle here, as if he even knows what Sora can and will do isn't the kind of reasoning that's going to change my mind.

whats stopping Mario from just using his vanish cap to bypass the Reflega with intangibility?

sora may resist transmutation but he is still affected by them and takes a few moments to return to normal. Mario could just turn sora into a mushroom and eat him or into a goomba and 1-shot before sora returns to normal.

speaking of 1-shots Mario has a Risk Badge effect which can just cause sora to get 1-shotted

Mario's Guard Badge also has an option to prevent HP from hitting zero allowing him to be impossible to KO. Which Mario can hold a few numbers of these effects on him.

as well as the Miracle Badge which Reverts user's status to the first turn. Returns used items, canceling effects. allowing Mario to regain the previous badges I just mentioned. while also keeping sora drained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back