• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
8 times larger speed isn't something that cannot be sensed or perceived.
Especially with distance between them, given sufficient time and distance even faster objects can be seen easily.

Like we can see supersonic airplanes and missiles or asteroids in space as lines of light pretty easily if they are far away. And those things are far faster than difference between human perception and supersonic/hyper sonic speed.
You're not wrong. But from what I recall, the wiki treats like what was it, a 3x speed difference or smth as enough of a difference to blitz? I dunno the starting distance, but if isn't a huge gap, Sonic blitzes pretty quickly with an 8x amp I'd think.

8 times larger speed isn't something that cannot be sensed or perceived.
Especially with distance between them, given sufficient time and distance even faster objects can be seen easily.

Like we can see supersonic airplanes and missiles or asteroids in space as lines of light pretty easily if they are far away. And those things are far faster than difference between human perception and supersonic/hyper sonic speed.
That and Kratos is amped by the Boots of Hermes and getting faster constantly himself.

You're not wrong. But from what I recall, the wiki treats like what was it, a 3x speed difference or smth as enough of a difference to blitz? I dunno the starting distance, but if isn't a huge gap, Sonic blitzes pretty quickly with an 8x amp I'd think.
There is no official blitz gap on the site.

That's physical speed Blitz, moving fast enough that you cannot be tagged. I am talking about basic perception and thinking speed at bare minimum, which is essential for some thought based hax.

I don't know what wiki standards are on it. But I hope they don't say something beyond logic.

I don't think his first reaction to someone traveling at him at blitzing speeds (They shouldn't even be able to see them with an 8x gap) would be to instantly go for a portal attack. Would it? I'd be lying if I said I knew Kratos' fighting style or something. Though if he'd be able to is a generous assertion on my part given 8x is already over blitzing speeds.
Kratos and what he does in character has always been impetuous. Contrary to popular belief, kratos isn't some mindless brute who runs headfirst into the enemy with his blades swinging wildly. He will use anything and everything at his disposal to achieve victory, and with his ability to instantly sense, info analyze and analytically predict anything he will do whatever he feels is going to net him victory. He's extremely versatile in terms of how he approaches fights.

Y? POH Kratos isn’t listed as incorporeal
Kratos is untouchable to AE Type 1 beings with CM Type 1 when he has PoH, despite being an AE Type 2.

Kratos is gonna have Cosmic awareness on any and all fights Sonic’s ever been in with his status as the god of war, so he’s gonna be fully aware on what he’s capable of doing.
He already has Cosmic Awareness, but uh... whatever.

Kratos and what he does in character has always been impetuous. Contrary to popular belief, kratos isn't some mindless brute who runs headfirst into the enemy with his blades swinging wildly. He will use anything and everything at his disposal to achieve victory, and with his ability to instantly sense, info analyze and analytically predict anything he will do whatever he feels is going to net him victory. He's extremely versatile in terms of how he approaches fights.

I figured as much for the God of War.

Sonic himself easily thrashed the Egg Dragoon in both Unleashed and Generations, a machine which was built with years of research into his movement patterns. Even more impressive in Unleashed's context, as he was the Werehog at the time with extremely limited movement compared to his base. He also handed Emerl his ass in under 30 seconds at the end of Sonic Battle, who mastered the abilities of the entire playable cast (Sonic himself, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Rouge, Cream & Cheese) and had basically JUST previously fought both Sonic & Shadow at the same time. And in no way am I doubting Kratos' skill, I'm just making the case that Sonic is no stranger to fighting those with skill like that.

Super Sonic's barriers deflect anything Kratos can throw at him since his barriers are stemmed from his AP and he's at good advantage in that department. Like, he can either barrel right through unharmed or burst-reflect anything right back at him due to both methods granting an aura. So if he somehow can't dodge it, he can just as easily deflect/reflect it. Chaos Control also circumvents any sort of BFR as he's got the higher range.

I'm leaning towards Sonic here.

Also that's PoH Kratos, not GoW Kratos. We're not using PoH Kratos here, he'd stomp.

I'm voting for Sonic for Shake's reasons as well.

The philosophy "The best defense is a good offense" works really well fof Sonic

What you wrote(deeper Incorporeality to AE 1 beings) does not exist on his profile sir. But since this is not PoH Kratos I'll drop it.
Wait, that's actually a real thing? You get Incorporeality for being completely untouchable to AE Type 1 beings with CM Type 1?

But Kratos still has a true physical form, only that he's coated with an AE Type 1 CM Type 1 force which has no physical form.

Last edited:
Does Kratos have any answer to Sonic reflecting it with Attack Reflection (it's a little pulse wave that forms from his hand) or having it deflecting by Sonic coating himself in a protective aura? It's been FAAAAR too long since I played an OG GoW game so forgive my ignorance
Kratos has the Golden Fleece to reflect it back. It worked wonders on the Sisters of Fate who played table tennis with his attacks and also have Attack Reflection.

@ShakeResounding So both of them have equal skill here if we're going by those feats, so neither characters have an advantage here whatsoever.

deflecting/reflecting will be nothing to kratos with his golden fleece, plus even if Kratos needs to get through the forcefield to attack Sonic, he can literall spawn portals underneath him to strike through the portals. Yeah Kratos can do the same thing with the golden fleece since it can do just that right back at Sonic and keep playing the reflect game. BFR'ing isn't really relevant to the debate here since that's not really what Kratos needs to do, he just needs to hit Sonic once and he's done, plus given he lacks any form of power null resistance any of Hades' arms is enough to nullify the barriers on contact so Sonic's exposed to any of kratos' hits. None of this sounds like Sonic has an advantage here compared to kratos, again this boils down to being inconclusive.

@ShakeResounding So both of them have equal skill here if we're going by those feats, so neither characters have an advantage here whatsoever.

deflecting/reflecting will be nothing to kratos with his golden fleece, plus even if Kratos needs to get through the forcefield to attack Sonic, he can literall spawn portals underneath him to strike through the portals. Yeah Kratos can do the same thing with the golden fleece since it can do just that right back at Sonic and keep playing the reflect game. BFR'ing isn't really relevant to the debate here since that's not really what Kratos needs to do, he just needs to hit Sonic once and he's done, plus given he lacks any form of power null resistance any of Hades' arms is enough to nullify the barriers on contact so Sonic's exposed to any of kratos' hits. None of this sounds like Sonic has an advantage here compared to kratos, again this boils down to being inconclusive.
what about sonic having an 8x speed boost and just 1 shotting coz of it 🗿 🗿 🗿

what about sonic having an 8x speed boost and just 1 shotting coz of it 🗿 🗿 🗿
Y'all forgot that Kratos has constant AD and RE under his belt due to being the God of War? Even if he can't do the AP game, he can still keep the speed game. Don't even need Instinctive Action or Hermes and Valkyries to bother with here.

Y'all forgot that Kratos has constant AD and RE under his belt due to being the God of War? Even if he can't do the AP game, he can still keep the speed game.
Kratos has never been shown to RE someone who has an 8x speed boost tho-
like bro its 8X, not the type of shit like castor's speed

RE is for hax and resistance growth, AD is for power and speed.

He just needs to close the gap enough in sufficient time to make the battle manageable.

While Sonic needs to solo before Kratos catches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back