• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what is it? Kratos side need to make up their mind because every supporter says a different thing about it
No??
All 3 or 4 of us have been consistently saying explaining same point?

Like if our explanation is confusing you, the gif without our commentary alone visually showcases Kratos dealing far faster opponents and eventually catching up. It's as simple as it gets.

I feel like people are also misunderstanding something. Kratos doesn't need to nor will he close the speed gap completely, it's just that he'll grow enough that it'll no longer be an issue for his own options and instinctive reaction to handle. The two gifs above show the same amulet used to augment Castor/Pollux's speed being capable of affecting time to a degree of making targets near stationary from the user's perspective. Even assuming that this is a 2 times gap at most, that on top of the latent growth he obtains as a god, would be enough that the speed gap is big but far from something unsolveable.

I feel like people are also misunderstanding something. Kratos doesn't need to nor will he close the speed gap completely, it's just that he'll grow enough that it'll no longer be an issue for his own options and instinctive reaction to handle. The two gifs above show the same amulet used to augment Castor/Pollux's speed being capable of affecting time to a degree of making targets near stationary from the user's perspective. Even assuming that this is a 2 times gap at most, that on top of the latent growth he obtains as a god, would be enough that the speed gap is big but far from something unsolveable.
And would that happen fast enough for it to not matter? Mind you Sonic can blitz him after the speed amps

No??
All 3 or 4 of us have been consistently saying explaining same point?

Like if our explanation is confusing you, the gif without our commentary alone visually showcases Kratos dealing far faster opponents and eventually catching up. It's as simple as it gets.
Then maybe your side should make a clear explaination that also explains why it doesn't matter that Sonic blitzes him

Also nobody answered if Kratos can ignore Sonic's forcefield, and also his invulnerability

And would that happen fast enough for it to not matter? Mind you Sonic can blitz him after the speed amps
Yes, his power growth as the God of War is quite fast and massive, almost on par with the boosts Zeus can pull off.

Also, he only needs to close the gap enough, like, even being 3x away will be of massive advantage to Kratos.

Also nobody answered if Kratos can ignore Sonic's forcefield, and also his invulnerability
Does his forcefield and invulnerability have an answer for Concept Type 1 Absorption?

The latent growth is always active and they start far enough away that this is will happen by the time they are within clashing range. This happened near immediately during the final leg of Castor and Pollux's fight and his own growth can keep up with Zeus', who can grow massively more powerful on all fronts just from taking damage.

His invulnerability isn't stopping a cocktail of higher-dimensional hax that Kratos can inflict with his bare hands or Claws. He can also open portals within said forcefield to land attacks. Or in a less likely maneuver, pull him into a realm with copies of himself to fight.

The latent growth is always active and they start far enough away that this is will happen by the time they are within clashing range. This happened near immediately during the final leg of Castor and Pollux's fight and his own growth can keep up with Zeus', who can grow massively more powerful on all fronts just from taking damage.
Both Kratos and Sonic in this fight are MFTL+, so they cross that distance in a literal blink of an eye. Unless it happens like a billinoth of a second (or even less time) after Kratos startsd to fight this ain't happening. Besides, an unquantifiable buff in speed =/= outspeeding an 8 times speed boost unless there are feats of him doing so
His invulnerability isn't stopping a cocktail of higher-dimensional hax that Kratos can inflict with his bare hands or Claws. He can also open portals within said forcefield to land attacks. Or in a less likely maneuver, pull him into a realm with copies of himself to fight.
But does it bypass forcefields?

Both Kratos and Sonic in this fight are MFTL+, so they cross that distance in a literal blink of an eye. Unless it happens like a billinoth of a second (or even less time) after Kratos startsd to fight this ain't happening. Besides, an unquantifiable buff in speed =/= outspeeding an 8 times speed boost unless there are feats of him doing so
Relative speed is what matters here. To him, it's someone 8 times faster crossing that notable distance. Small though it may be.

And again, he doesn't need to outspeed Sonic. The gap is just gonna be closed enough that using his abilities and reacting won't be an issue. He can catch up to people that were initially basically teleporting around him (i.e. Castor/Pollux), using an amulet that can make its targets near still from the user's perspective. Even assuming a like 2x growth immediately based on all of that, the augmented growth with his God of War abilities would bring it down to less than even 3x, which is big but not "can't even think" big.
But does it bypass forcefields?
The pulling is basically cosmic portal succ so a forcefield wouldn't really help. The portals get past the forcefield by opening inside it not damaging them.

Even better then. Since that means it takes 0 times for Sonic can Kratos to reach each other from the starting distance
Speed's equalized bro, he ain't blitzing him unless he amps his speed.
Relative speed is what matters here. To him, it's someone 8 times faster crossing that notable distance. Small though it may be.

And again, he doesn't need to outspeed Sonic. The gap is just gonna be closed enough that using his abilities and reacting won't be an issue. He can catch up to people that were initially basically teleporting around him (i.e. Castor/Pollux), using an amulet that can make its targets near still from the user's perspective. Even assuming a like 2x growth immediately based on all of that, the augmented growth with his God of War abilities would bring it down to less than even 3x, which is big but not "can't even think" big.

The pulling is basically cosmic portal succ so a forcefield wouldn't really help. The portals get past the forcefield by opening inside it not damaging them.
Can't Sonic just clap him via speed blitzing as soon as he gets in the portal?

Alright then. I'm still more inclined to belive Sonic will more often than not hit first due to him closing the distance faster than Kratos can adapt to his speed (and also something that no one brought yet, Sonic have this too, as he grows faster and stronger every second he fight)

Sonic FRA

Sure, Kratos may have more overall combat skill and versatility than Sonic, but Sonic still has way more mobility options even leaving the speed at a side.

Kratos: 0

Sonic: 7 (ShakeResounding, JED, Sniper670, Gilad_Hyperstar, TheMonkeMan, Doggo, Bobsican)

Incon: 14 (Planck69, Maverick_Zero_X, KLOL560, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Theglassman12, SuperStar, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Robo, Ego, Reploidnoridomix, omegabronic, TauanVictor, Popted2, BlastX)

Grace, for now. Tell me if I missed anyone.

Was a little worried this thread might get out of hand when I made it but having got back from work I'm glad it remained civil.

Kratos: 0

Sonic: 7 (ShakeResounding, JED, Sniper670, Gilad_Hyperstar, TheMonkeMan, Doggo, Bobsican)

Incon: 14 (Planck69, Maverick_Zero_X, KLOL560, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Theglassman12, SuperStar, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Robo, Ego, Reploidnoridomix, omegabronic, TauanVictor, Popted2, BlastX)

Grace, for now. Tell me if I missed anyone.
I shall update the OP with these votes

Why are you talking as if Sonic is the same as Raiden and also have the exact same fighting style?

Because they don't, and this stuff matters a lot when doing a battle
Main wincon for Sonic:Speed boosts.
Raiden lost because Kratos could just brute force his 10x speed amp with AD but for some reason, i'ts a incon here despite the fact that he could do this to sonic as well.Fighting style is kinda irrelevant here.

Raiden lost because Kratos could just brute force his 10x speed amp with AC but for some reason i'ts a incon here.
It doesn't matter becsuse they aren't the same character and what applies to one may not be applied to another

Disagree with the result on the other thread? You can put it in match removals

Raiden lost because Kratos could just brute force his 10x speed amp with AD but for some reason, i'ts a incon here despite the fact that he could do this to sonic as well.Fighting style is kinda irrelevant here.
You do realize that these are two vastly different scenarios right? Sonic has hax, a power advantage and a myriad of other differences from Raiden.

Raiden lost because Kratos could just brute force his 10x speed amp with AD but for some reason, i'ts a incon here despite the fact that he could do this to sonic as well.
Sonic ain’t Raiden, these arguments are irrelevant.

Sonic ain’t Raiden, these arguments are irrelevant.

You do realize that these are two vastly different scenarios right? Sonic has hax, a power advantage and a myriad of other differences from Raiden.
It doesn't matter becsuse they aren't the same character and what applies to one may not be applied to another

Disagree with the result on the other thread? You can put it in match removals
Raiden incon was:10x speed amp,dash to Kratos and one shot him.
Sonic incon here that people have been arguing:8x speed amp, dash to Kratos and one shot him.
"NOOOO, i'ts not the same scenario"
K, dudes.

Why are people forgetting Sonic has AD too? In fact Sonic can even increase the speed of his boost in Frontiers, to not forget the Power Boost as well which is faster than the regular boost
Because Kratos AD can get from FTL to Infinite just to brutal force his way against a time stop.

Sonic incon here that people have been arguing:8x speed amp, dash to Kratos and one shot him.
K, dudes.
Yes, because they're not the same character. If you feel that Raiden vs Kratos is the same, you are welcome to remake it. Kratos now is far different than he was then anyway,

K, dudes.
Because if all Sonic had was speed then Kratos could just adapt and clap his cheeks.
He also has forcefields, AD, and an advantage in AP.
This is barely like the Raiden match.

Because if all Sonic had was speed then Kratos could just adapt and clap his cheeks.
He also has forcefields, AD, and an advantage in AP.
This is barely like the Raiden match.
Fair enough, The only reason why this is a incon is because of sonic's forcefields.
Otherwise Kratos just slaps.

Incon fra.

Because Kratos AD can get from FTL to Infinite just to brutal force his way against a time stop.
Uhhhh what? No, Demigod Kratos has no Infinite feats on his own, his Infinite speed BS comes after he obtains the Powers of Pandora's Box and then becomes the God of War after Hope goes dormant inside of him.

What you just said is Resistance, but that comes waaaaaaaaaaay later, Castor/Pollux are FTL on their lonesome by being swifter than the Redeemed Warrior, and can amplify their speed with the Amulet of Uroboros, but it isn't Infinite. Kratos easily reacted to and outpaced all their speed shenanigans, forcing the Gemini Twins to force Kratos into a deadlock (No speed involved here) by restraining him by the arm to unleash the Amulet's true potential: Its actual time powers and age manip, in order to prevent Kratos from stealing it from them, which Kratos then overpowered and then proceeded to Sparta Kick Castor.

Uhhhh what? No, Demigod Kratos has no Infinite feats on his own, his Infinite speed BS comes after he obtains the Powers of Pandora's Box and then becomes the God of War after Hope goes dormant inside of him.

What you just said is Resistance, but that comes waaaaaaaaaaay later, Castor/Pollux are FTL on their lonesome by being swifter than the Redeemed Warrior, and can amplify their speed with the Amulet of Uroboros, but it isn't Infinite. Kratos easily reacted to and outpaced all their speed shenanigans, forcing the Gemini Twins to force Kratos into a deadlock (No speed involved here) by restraining him by the arm to unleash the Amulet's true potential: Its actual time powers and age manip, in order to prevent Kratos from stealing it from them, which Kratos then overpowered and then proceeded to Sparta Kick Castor.
Din't you showed me a word of god scan, were he says that he broke out if it with sheer speed?bruh thats infinite speed bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back