• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how Speed Equalized works, amps are allowed and Sonic is the faster character with Speed Unequalized meaning it's a valid win condition.

Oh. Then that changes things. Now Kratos is very likely to use his Claws against opponents he senses are overwhelmingly stronger than him at this point, since it ignores bodily resilience (like he did against Hades himself owing to the latter's ability to deal with lethal wounds).

I'd say that Kratos can land a hit with the Claws and it'd be game over. That said, Sonic can oneshot but he can also amp his speed immensely as well. Kratos also has his own passive growth on all levels but it may not be enough to keep up.

To me, this is Inconclusive. Both can oneshot each other but it's highly dependant on atever combination of starting choices.

It's not about Sonic being overwhelmingly stronger afaik (Idk how vast the difference between 9 and 12 universes are in 2-C), but overwhelmingly faster. Unless Speed is baked in there?

I'd say that Kratos can land a hit with the Claws and it'd be game over.
Does Kratos have any answer to Sonic reflecting it with Attack Reflection (it's a little pulse wave that forms from his hand) or having it deflecting by Sonic coating himself in a protective aura? It's been FAAAAR too long since I played an OG GoW game so forgive my ignorance

Does Kratos have any answer to Sonic reflecting it with Attack Reflection (it's a little pulse wave that forms from his hand) or having it deflecting by Sonic coating himself in a protective aura? It's been FAAAAR too long since I played an OG GoW game so forgive my ignorance
I'm myself waiting on an answer for that from the other supporters but for the hand part, Kratos can control the chains and weave them around him, though the full body coat may be a problem. Question, does Sonic resist Petrification?

I'm myself waiting on an answer for that from the other supporters but for the hand part, Kratos can control the chains and weave them around him, though the full body coat may be a problem.
Understood, thanks. The body-coating one comes in two variants, from his Super Sonic Boost that remains so long as he's boosting (Think the Unleashed formula) and another that Sonic uses for well-timed bursts (which he uses in Advance 2 iirc)
Question, does Sonic resist Petrification?
Yeah, Sonic resists Petrification from an enemy in Secret Rings.

Understood. The body-coating one comes in two variants, from his Super Sonic Boost that remains so long as he's boosting (Think the Unleashed formula) and another that Sonic uses for well-timed bursts (which he uses in Advance 2 iirc)
Doesn't he also have a barrier, i.e. Sonic Heroes?

I might want to add, Sonic also has his own Enhanced Senses that what would alert him to pretty much all of Kratos’s attacks, which would make it that much harder for Kratos to hit him.
Also Sonic FRA.

I might want to add, Sonic also has his own Enhanced Senses that what would alert him to pretty much all of Kratos’s attacks, which would make it that much harder for Kratos to hit him.
Also Sonic FRA.
In addition to having the ability to dodge Danmaku (The End boss fight). With an 8x speed increase, instinctive reactions/enhanced senses, and mobility, I think he wouldn't have much issue dodging.

Reactions: JED
I should note that while using said 8x speed amp, he gains a barrier to blocks out anything in his way. So like even if he failed to dodge somehow, they'd still need to penetrate his "barrier" (moreso an auara) which is unlikely since the barrier scales to if not slightly above him.

Arguably yes.
Since madness hax comes from Siren summon of Hades Souls which is summoned from Hadean/Tartarus Energy and mixed with Kratos's own.

But it's a turnabout scale.

Not really sure if all are Kratos hax are 4D
His mind, soul, concept, luck, vector and memory hax are 4-D. The rest is 3-D.

His resistance to the above plus madness, deconstruction and maybe corruption are 4-D.

Kratos is gonna have Cosmic awareness on any and all fights Sonic’s ever been in with his status as the god of war, so he’s gonna be fully aware on what he’s capable of doing, so it boils down to who can hit who first. I vote inconclusive, either Sonic oneshots or Kratos ends up hitting him once with any weapons since he’s capable of soul haxing with even his bare fists which has 6 different abilities. A lot more when you factor in Hades’ power and whatnot.

Kratos is gonna have Cosmic awareness on any and all fights Sonic’s ever been in with his status as the god of war, so he’s gonna be fully aware on what he’s capable of doing, so it boils down to who can hit who first. I vote inconclusive, either Sonic oneshots or Kratos ends up hitting him once with any weapons since he’s capable of soul haxing with even his bare fists which has 6 different abilities. A lot more when you factor in Hades’ power and whatnot.
Not that I disagree, but wouldn't Kratos have a hard time hitting him given everything stated here?
In addition to having the ability to dodge Danmaku (The End boss fight). With an 8x speed increase, instinctive reactions/enhanced senses, and mobility, I think he wouldn't have much issue dodging.

Kratos also has instinctive reaction, plus his cosmic awareness grants him a massive insight on what would happen plus the fact he’s fought people who can outrun him and keep up with them effortlessly like Castor and Pollux or Hermes or the Valkyries makes it easy for him to adapt to the speed gaps, plus the fact he has massive range now makes it easy for him to tag Sonic.

Not that I disagree, but wouldn't Kratos have a hard time hitting him given everything stated here?
He's beaten beings with enhanced senses, instinctive reaction and Ares himself, who can also see all conflict across time and space so it would only be the speed that's an issue. Not to mention he's beaten people who could slow and accelerate time, Hermes who was faster than him even while injured etc.

He's beaten beings with enhanced senses, instinctive reaction and Ares himself, who can also see all conflict across time and space so it would only be the speed that's an issue. Not to mention he's beaten people who could slow and accelerate time, Hermes who was faster than him even while injured etc.
While that's fair, Sonic is basically all of the mentioned rolled into one. Immediately starts with an 8x speed amp, very mobile (Able to dodge danmaku easily), instinctive reaction, enhanced senses, AND he has a barrier that Kratos would need to punch through. Whereas Sonic doesn't need to put the barrier down to strike Kratos. Since said barrier scales to his AP. Knocking away whatever he flies into.

Since Sonic scales above Kratos, it'd mean Kratos would have a hard time getting past the aura when he boosts. In addition to everything mentioned prior.

Kratos literally can open portals with the powers of Ares to attack in surprise so the forcefield means nothing to him, and again all of that is nothing new to him, he’s fought people with these abilities in the past, Sonic isn’t getting the upper hand on him with these abilities when he’s not only fought them before but has cosmic awareness on a lot of fights.

Kratos literally can open portals with the powers of Ares to attack in surprise so the forcefield means nothing to him, and again all of that is nothing new to him, he’s fought people with these abilities in the past, Sonic isn’t getting the upper hand on him with these abilities when he’s not only fought them before but has cosmic awareness on a lot of fights.
I don't think his first reaction to someone traveling at him at blitzing speeds (They shouldn't even be able to see them with an 8x gap) would be to instantly go for a portal attack. Would it? I'd be lying if I said I knew Kratos' fighting style or something. Though if he'd be able to is a generous assertion on my part given 8x is already over blitzing speeds.

Kratos is gonna have Cosmic awareness on any and all fights Sonic’s ever been in with his status as the god of war, so he’s gonna be fully aware on what he’s capable of doing, so it boils down to who can hit who first.
Pretty sure this kind of thing isn't allowed? At least not with better stuff like omniscience

I don't think his first reaction to someone traveling at him at blitzing speeds (They shouldn't even be able to see them with an 8x gap) would be to instantly go for a portal attack. Would it? I'd be lying if I said I knew Kratos' fighting style or something. Though if he'd be able to is a generous assertion on my part given 8x is already over blitzing speeds.
8 times larger speed isn't something that cannot be sensed or perceived.
Especially with distance between them, given sufficient time and distance even faster objects can be seen easily.

Like we can see supersonic airplanes and missiles or asteroids in space as lines of light pretty easily if they are far away. And those things are far faster than difference between human perception and supersonic/hyper sonic speed.

Pretty sure this kind of thing isn't allowed? At least not with better stuff like omniscience
As I understand it, omniscience's issue just doesn't mean you know all things about all verses. Certainly not the same as what is basically precognition but on a cosmic scale.

Even so Sonic's cosmology is bigger than GoW's IIRC, so it'd be questionable to claim it'd have the range to properly work to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back