• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
kwayrnu.jpg

Noticed Sonic is 3-A with a transformation where he has a legendary blade that's golden, so why not put him against a guy who once lost to a legendary blade that's golden (Would've loved to use ALTTP Link but he doesn't scale to the Triforce anymore). Was initially not gonna do this because I didn't think Sonic could handle Ganons regen, but then I noticed that Sonic has NPI since he can interact with and attack ghosts so he can probably kill Ganon if he destroys his body via something like Indigo Asteroid and then attack his exposed soul if he gets the chance to do so.

Both are in their 3-A keys, speed is equalized (Pretty sure Ganon doesn't scale far enough above the 1.67c feat in Age of Calamity to keep up with Sonic), no optional equipment for Sonic.

Sanic:

Crenando:

Bump.

Listen I know this ain't getting added because Excalibur Sonic is becoming Tier 2 like every other one of his 30 transformations but I wanna at least see who'd end up winning this match as it is now

Ganon wins because he's 230cm, 7'5''.
Sonic is only 3ft tall.

Sonic has no chance.

Which hax factor and who uses them first neither seem to be in character in direct combat I don't know for sure about ganon tho.

I don't think we really know. Its never been shown to be combat applicable in any of the games this version of ganon was featured in, though. But he also tends to be shot by arrows or hit with a sword specifically intended to kill people like him, so maybe there's some regen negation involved. WW Link stuck that sword in his head and it killed him so hard that 100 years later (spirit tracks) he's still apparently dead underwater and a pallete swapped not-ganon takes his place.

damn, this got derailed so quickly.

Anyways how much time it actually takes for Ganon to regenerate?
No exact timeframe but it's decently quick, in Twilight Princess the time between his body burning away exposing his soul and him showing back up with his body intact again is less than 2 minutes, but he spends about a minute as his exposed soul.

Was that in a scene or in a fight? TP sucked ass so I don't remember. I cheesed that fight with invul armor.
I will fight you if you ever say TP sucks ass again.

It happens in a cutscene after his beast form is defeated and before the part of the fight where you fight him on horseback.

So 13: 14 to 14:46 or so.
We don't actually see how this worked at all, but I don't think its a minute or two, given zelda and link had time to leave the temple, he had time to fly to wherever the **** midna went, and they had time for him to offscreen her. Oh and find a horse. Not sure how combat applicable it actually is.

given zelda and link had time to leave the temple,

What? They were teleported out by Midna? They didn't walk away or anything, they were teleported via a method that takes like, 5 seconds.
Also he and Midna fought inside the Hyrule Castle, blowing it up, they didn't go anywhere.
And that's Ganon's horse, he didn't "find it".

Zelda and Link get teleported, (takes a few seconds), they look around, don't even have time to gather themselves, and the castle gets blown up and Ganon manifests on the hill because literal magic.

Oh yea so they were.
So wouldn't that make his revival faster than several minutes then?
Oh and also means he did it mid-fight v an otherwise extremely broken character (midna being one of the reasons tp sucks)

Like 40 seconds.

There might be other examples, in ALTTP maybe? It's been like 10 years since my last play tho.
But yeah, he can manifest a body in short order, it would seem. Given he isn't like "killed" killed by the Master Sword or some other giga **** artifact, that usually takes awhile to say the least.

Nobody's given arguments for Sonic yet, closest to that is me saying that he has the ability to hit spirits listed on his profile so he is able to attack Ganons exposed soul if he damages his physical body enough

Back