• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Vs Darkrai( Sonic the hedgehog Vs Pokémon)

The boost increases his speed, something that is also in the speed section. Sonic also have the Light-Speed attack too to increase his speed even further
How long would he have to get the boost until he eventually gets hit by dark void?

He beat up Ghosts in Adventure. Sonic did that but also has more instances of touching intangible creatures listed on his profile.
Pikachu was unable to damage Darkrai while intangible and Pokémon can literally breed with ghost on daily basis

Pikachu was unable to damage Darkrai while intangible and Pokémon can literally breed with ghost on daily basis
Ghosts can make themselves tangible you know. Ash is able to touch his gengat multiple times. Leon also rides on his Dragapult

Ghosts are confusing in Pokemon tbh. Due to the typing (Normal can't harm, ghost types, though what makes a "normal" type a normal type is confusing) and because of the Anime.

Aren't ghost types always intangible sense normal and fighting type moves don't work on them?
That's why I said Ghost in Pokemon are weird. Due to how typing works. We COULD assume they're intangible because of that, but other Pokemon are immune to types despite not being intangible. So it comes down to if that's a typing thing or because of intangibility (Plus normal people can also touch Ghost Pokemon).

Yeah their intagibility doesn't come from their normal immunity. They already have feats of moving through things regardless if they wish to

I think Ghost types in Pokemon at bare minimum have the ability to go intangible at will, thus why they can in the anime and manga go through surfaces, but can also be tagged (It also lines up with some moves actually making them intangible).

Humans in the Pokémon world a freaks compared to real life people so it's no shock they can interact with ghost
It's not even like Darkrai is a ghost like the ghost Sonic has been facing

Anyways Dark void is described as dragging people into a void or projectile
So sonic either gets instantly dragged into a void that puts him to sleep or deal with the BS as Dark void balls that fills up the screen while dealing with other AOE things that has the range to effect the battle

Humans in the Pokémon world a freaks compared to real life people so it's no shock they can interact with ghost
It's not even like Darkrai is a ghost like the ghost Sonic has been facing

Anyways Dark void is described as dragging people into a void or projectile
So sonic either gets instantly dragged into a void that puts him to sleep or deal with the BS as Dark void balls that fills up the screen while dealing with other AOE things that has the range to effect the battle
If it instantly pulls him in we get back to him getting stomped as he just loses off rip. Tho if we assume the pull can be escaped via LS or Speed, Sonic can get around it via a boost and just because he has far higher LS.

Also iirc Darkrai instantly just put Palkia to sleep with a thought based sleep hax

Also iirc Darkrai instantly just put Palkia to sleep with a thought based sleep hax
Then it's a stomp. If it's instant, Sonic is stomped, if not, then Sonic can and will dodge with his boost, blitz Darkrai and win once realizing he can't damage it

Then it's a stomp. If it's instant, Sonic is stomped, if not, then Sonic can and will dodge with his boost, blitz Darkrai and win once realizing he can't damage it
It's not a stomp even if it's instant because you said Sonic can dodge Darkrais dammaku and boost and win
That would be Sonics wincon that would probably work
But Darkrai can sleep hax Palkia just literally instantly without Palkia seeing it coming or even Darkrai being there

It's not a stomp even if it's instant because you said Sonic can dodge Darkrais dammaku and boost and win
But Darkrai can sleep hax Palkia just literally instantly without Palkia seeing it coming or even Darkrai being there
How could it probably work if Sonic is instantly put asleep? That doesn't add up.

You literally said he put Palkia to sleep with passive hax. Make up your mind about it
Then it's passive and also a stomp

You literally said he put Palkia to sleep with passive hax. Make up your mind about it

Then it's passive and also a stomp
He didn't actually passively put Palkia to sleep
He just easily and instantly did without even using a projectile and just used it as thought based without actually being there

He didn't actually passively put Palkia to sleep
He just easily and instantly did without even using a projectile and just used it as thought based without actually being there
Then Sonic literally has no way of winning. In every possibility Sonic gets instantly put to sleep and loses without having a chance to respond

Darkrai also has stat amp that increases 2x ever time it uses it
Doesn't really matter for Darkrai tho because sleep hax is it's specialty
Solaris's consciousness what I was referring to. Attacking his mind conceptually was what Sonic was doing. And the Gaia creatures are made up of the ambient emotions of people with some of them being conceptually created in nature.

It's all on his profile if you just read more in to it.

Sonic has conceptual attacks. Deal with it.

I don't think they contested this recently in the thread. In fact, they've seemed to aknowledge this for most of the thread

The comment you replied to also has nothin to do with what you said (you quoted the amps for Darkrai and mentioned sonics conceptual manip)

I don't think they contested this recently in the thread. In fact, they've seemed to aknowledge this for most of the thread

The comment you replied to also has nothin to do with what you said (you quoted the amps for Darkrai and mentioned sonics conceptual manip)
I-im sorry but was that second one supposed to be for me?

He thought Sonic's CM1 was only for The End, I disagree and explained, that's all I did. Don't shoot the messenger.

Okay so it's hard to keep track of everything. Some people are saying Darkrai's sleep and mind hax related moves are either projectiles, others are saying they're thought based and is instantaneous, and some saying the moves spawn right beneath the opponent. That's already confusing, if it's thought based and happens in an instant, Sonic probably gets put to sleep (I say probably because it depends on how fast an "instant" really is or how fast this thought based ability takes to actually activate). If it's a projectile, Sonic's already dealt with high speed projectiles relative to himself in both base and Super so, danmaku isn't exactly something that should worry him. If it spawns beneath him upon activation, I mean it's sorta similar to the danmaku, he's dealt with things relative to his own speed trying to hit him and has outpaced them.

It is pretty out of character for Sonic to just decide to do something like immediately use Chaos Control to BFR or Stop Time, but as long as none of Darkrai's attacks literally just happen because Sonic exists, Sonic has a pretty fair chance of outpacing them. Sonic and Darkrai both have precog, I'm not sure to what extent Darkrai's is, but I'll assume it's about the same. Sonic has his own projectiles to use, and if his boost does put him within blitzing range, then I'd give it to Sonic, because even with precog, Sonic can produce energy clone constructs to attack in tandem with himself making a mob situation a lot more likely.

Any of Darkrai's attacks are based in negative emotions or energy, Sonic probably nullifies. As I see it, the way it works is; as long as Darkrai's sleep hax isn't literally impossible to avoid and depending on how fast it activates if it IS thought based, Sonic probably wins by boost blitz, mob rushing with clones, and purifying negative energy attacks or CM1 attacks depending on if his regular ones prove ineffective. If it is impossible for Sonic to avoid the sleep hax in any way whether it be by speed or chaos control teleportion, then Darkrai is stomping because there's no scenario in which Sonic even stands a chance. We need clarification on how Darkrai's sleep hax works exactly.

Okay so it's hard to keep track of everything. Some people are saying Darkrai's sleep and mind hax related moves are either projectiles, others are saying they're thought based and is instantaneous, and some saying the moves spawn right beneath the opponent. That's already confusing, if it's thought based and happens in an instant, Sonic probably gets put to sleep (I say probably because it depends on how fast an "instant" really is or how fast this thought based ability takes to actually activate). If it's a projectile, Sonic's already dealt with high speed projectiles relative to himself in both base and Super so, danmaku isn't exactly something that should worry him. If it spawns beneath him upon activation, I mean it's sorta similar to the danmaku, he's dealt with things relative to his own speed trying to hit him and has outpaced them.

It is pretty out of character for Sonic to just decide to do something like immediately use Chaos Control to BFR or Stop Time, but as long as none of Darkrai's attacks literally just happen because Sonic exists, Sonic has a pretty fair chance of outpacing them. Sonic and Darkrai both have precog, I'm not sure to what extent Darkrai's is, but I'll assume it's about the same. Sonic has his own projectiles to use, and if his boost does put him within blitzing range, then I'd give it to Sonic, because even with precog, Sonic can produce energy clone constructs to attack in tandem with himself making a mob situation a lot more likely.

Any of Darkrai's attacks are based in negative emotions or energy, Sonic probably nullifies. As I see it, the way it works is; as long as Darkrai's sleep hax isn't literally impossible to avoid and depending on how fast it activates if it IS thought based, Sonic probably wins by boost blitz, mob rushing with clones, and purifying negative energy attacks or CM1 attacks depending on if his regular ones prove ineffective. If it is impossible for Sonic to avoid the sleep hax in any way whether it be by speed or chaos control teleportion, then Darkrai is stomping because there's no scenario in which Sonic even stands a chance. We need clarification on how Darkrai's sleep hax works exactly.
It pretty much works in 3 ways
Portal beneath
Dammaku
Or Instant thought based which he used against Palkia

It pretty much works in 3 ways
Portal beneath
Dammaku
Or Instant thought based which he used against Palkia
Then now the question is which one does Darkrai most commonly use? If it is the thought based one AND it's completely unavoidable, then it's a stomp and the fight should go in the can.

Then now the question is which one does Darkrai most commonly use? If it is the thought based one AND it's completely unavoidable, then it's a stomp and the fight should go in the can.
In the Anime it uses dammaku
In Mystery dungeon it's thought based
In the regular games it's just dark void
I heard it's passive via Darkrai entering an island and everyone there went to sleep

I mean logically speaking if Darkrai sees that Sonic is dodging it's dark void Darkrai would just use it's very instant thought based sleep hax before Sonic would decide to boost

Back