• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Vs Darkrai( Sonic the hedgehog Vs Pokémon)

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's a stomp since Darkrai's Dark void is passive and Sonic has no resistance to it, meaning Sonic can't do anything.

Even if it's not passive, Sonic still can't do anything against Dark Void and has to rely on ooc moves to even has a chance to win. So how is that fair?

Wouldn't bloodlusting Super Sonic help (Also, exactly how far do Pokemon scale in 2-B? I was for some reason under the impression they scaled to millions based on the games sold)?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's a stomp since Darkrai's Dark void is passive and Sonic has no resistance to it, meaning Sonic can't do anything.

Even if it's not passive, Sonic still can't do anything against Dark Void and has to rely on ooc moves to even has a chance to win. So how is that fair?
It's not passive...

And Darkrai dark void is dammaku so Sonic can avoid it and use his CM 1 to hit Darkrai
The only problem is that if he gets hit by dark void it's duke out slam for Sonic

Last edited:
It's not passive...

And Darkrai dark void is dammaku so Sonic can avoid it and use his CM 1 to hit Darkrai
These aren't in character for Sonic to use, and danmaku that induces sleep means Sonic can barely do anything here. He only has a chance to win if he acts in very ooc way. Overall, this is still stompish since to even have Sonic stand a chance you'd have to make him ooc

Bloodlusting may solve this issue, as it just turns into a question of would Sonic be able to hax Darkrai before the latter puts him to eternal sleep, but even then I'm not sure if it'll be fair or just reverse the stomp in Sonic's favor

These aren't in character for Sonic to use, and danmaku that induces sleep means Sonic can barely do anything here. He only has a chance to win if he acts in very ooc way. Overall, this is still stompish since to even have Sonic stand a chance you'd have to make him ooc

Bloodlusting may solve this issue, as it just turns into a question of would Sonic be able to hax Darkrai before the latter puts him to eternal sleep, but even then I'm not sure if it'll be fair or just reverse the stomp in Sonic's favor
From what I heard Sonics CM1 works as to just attacking you as he could damage that Moon thing
So sonic doesn't need to activate it for it to work

From what I heard Sonics CM1 works as to just attacking you as he could damage that Moon thing
How does that matter when to even be able to attack he'd need to act in a very ooc way against Darkrai. Unless the boost grant Sonic protection from Dark Void (which probably is the case since the mpve protect and max guard blocks it), there isn't really anything Sonic can do here

How does that matter when to even be able to attack he'd need to act in a very ooc way against Darkrai. Unless the boost grant Sonic protection from Dark Void (which probably is the case since the mpve protect and max guard blocks it), there isn't really anything Sonic can do here
How is it out of character to try to charge towards Darkrai to hit Darkrai?

Sonic always fights like that in his super form
Even when he's against the moon

How is it out of character to try to charge towards Darkrai to hit Darkrai?
Because he'd instantly be put to sleep by a danmaku Dark Void? For Sonic to pull a win he has to pull his haxes, which are ooc for him use immediately

That said, considering Dark Void is blocked by protect, meaning it doesn't bypass forcefields, there's a case of the boost actually protecting Sonic. If that's the case, Then Darkrai pretty much has nothing else against Sonic as besides AP, sleep is all he has

Because he'd instantly be put to sleep by a danmaku Dark Void? For Sonic to pull a win he has to pull his haxes, which are ooc for him use immediately

That said, considering Dark Void is blocked by protect, meaning it doesn't bypass forcefields, there's a case of the boost actually protecting Sonic. If that's the case, Then Darkrai pretty much has nothing else against Sonic as besides AP, sleep is all he has
The only time we see Dark void is shielded was from Dialga and Palkia

Darkrai has hypnosis which bypasses forcefields and Dark void doesn't have to even be a projectile(it can be a portal that is summoned below the target)

Sonic would have to try to avoid all of this to land a strike on Darkrai

The only time we see Dark void is shielded was from Dialga and Palkia
And? The move can be blocked by protect
Darkrai has hypnosis which bypasses forcefields
Hypnosis needs to have Sonic before Darkrai for it to work, and it can also miss. It has low accurcy
and Dark void doesn't have to even be a projectile(it can be a portal that is summoned below the target)
How fast is the summoning? If it's thought based then Darkrai stomps if Sonic can't even dodge that.
Sonic would have to try to avoid all of this to land a strike on Darkrai
So how is it even fair? For Sonic to stand a chance you basically require him to act in ways ooc for him, and dodge something thought based right below him. There's just no wincon for Sonic here.

At this point you really can't come with a single reason to how this is fair

It comes from attacking abstract beings like The End, Dark Gaia Minions, and Solaris just to name a few.

And? The move can be blocked by protect

Hypnosis needs to have Sonic before Darkrai for it to work, and it can also miss. It has low accurcy

How fast is the summoning? If it's thought based then Darkrai stomps if Sonic can't even dodge that.

So how is it even fair? For Sonic to stand a chance you basically require him to act in ways ooc for him, and dodge something thought based right below him. There's just no wincon for Sonic here.

At this point you really can't come with a single reason to how this is fair
Sonic has dealt with dammaku before via the End so Sonic can work around that
The only problem Sonic will have is that Darkrai will use thought based sleep hax if Dark void would not work which is avoidable

I kinda forgot, Boost may help a lot here since I got it accepted as an 8x increase which is beyond blitzing range. Though I don't know if a CRT needs to be applied for it to be accepted.

I kinda forgot, Boost may help a lot here since I got it accepted as an 8x increase which is beyond blitzing range. Though I don't know if a CRT needs to be applied for it to be accepted.
Darkrai also has stat amp that increases 2x ever time it uses it
Doesn't really matter for Darkrai tho because sleep hax is it's specialty

Darkrai also has stat amp that increases 2x ever time it uses it
Doesn't really matter for Darkrai tho because sleep hax is it's specialty
You talking about Nasty plot that raises their Sp. Atk two stages? I don't think they've got a move that raises their speed two stages.

Either way, Sonic's gives him a faster boost in a shorter timeframe. It is in character for him to use it and would allow him to quickly close any gap between them and from there blitz Darkrai.

You talking about Nasty plot that raises their Sp. Atk two stages? I don't think they've got a move that raises their speed two stages.

Either way, Sonic's gives him a faster boost in a shorter timeframe. It is in character for him to use it and would allow him to quickly close any gap between them and from there blitz Darkrai.
Sonic already would've gotten hit by dark void which is what Darkrai leads with if he tries to power up

This thread is turning into a dumpster fire. Are there any surefire win cons for either of them?

Sonic already would've gotten hit by dark void which is what Darkrai leads with if he tries to power up
How fast is the activation? Since if Dark Void is thought based and spawns right beneath him, Sonic is stomped

But, now that I think about it, Dark Void only work like that in the games. Nowhere else it looks like that so the animation may be game mechanics, and Sonic can counter the danmaku with his boost

Hypnosis also requires Darkrai to be in front of Sonic, which still doesn't mean it'll hit due to low accurcy

If Dark Void is an avoidable attack, dodging it is very easy with boost. If it's not, then Darkrai just instantly puts Sonic to sleep no matter what and stomps from there.
It's not a stomp if Sonic has a wincon and that is CM1
I'm gonna have to read the stomp forum

It's not a stomp if Sonic has a wincon and that is CM1
I'm gonna have to read the stomp forum
Having a win-con isn't enough. A win-con can only warrants a match not being a stomp IF the character actually is capable of pulling it off. If Darkrai insta puts Sonic to sleep, then in an a infinite amount of possibilities, Sonic could never win ever.

Having a win-con isn't enough. A win-con can only warrants a match not being a stomp IF the character actually is capable of pulling it off. If Darkrai insta puts Sonic to sleep, then in an a infinite amount of possibilities, Sonic could never win ever.
It is instant but Darkrais sleep hax works as either projectiles or a portal that is avoidable
Sonic can dodge these because of his experience with The End
So the matchup will not be easy but not instant and a stomp

It is instant but Darkrais sleep hax works as either projectiles or a portal that is avoidable
Sonic can dodge these because of his experience with The End
So the matchup will not be easy but not instant and a stomp
Ah, if it's avoidable, then fair, it wouldn't be a stomp. But if that's the case, I think Sonic's great athleticism, ability to avoid danmaku, teleportation (Via Chaos Control, he could also stop time too I suppose), in addition to the speed amp granted via boost would allow him to land one hit on Darkrai which should be enough given how his Concept Manipulation seems to work.

Ah, if it's avoidable, then fair, it wouldn't be a stomp. But if that's the case, I think Sonic's great athleticism, ability to avoid danmaku, teleportation (Via Chaos Control, he could also stop time too I suppose), in addition to the speed amp granted via boost would allow him to land one hit on Darkrai which should be enough given how his Concept Manipulation seems to work.
Given how Sonic has to do all of that perfectly, while Darkrai only has to hit him once, I think Darkai should win a vast majority of the time

But the problem is that it's constant dammaku spam
How does Sonic stat amp work?
Is it passive?
Does he even start with it?
And even if he were to get up close Darkrai would use Hypnosis which is thought based and has the range to affect Sonic from far while he's avoiding Dark void spams

But the problem is that it's constant dammaku spam
How does Sonic stat amp work?
Is it passive?
Does he even start with it?
He basically "wills" himself to go faster. He can boost whenever he wants and it amps his speed by 8x. This would not only allow him to blitz Darkrai once he gets in close, but he'd also be able to far more easily evade danmaku since he'd be so many times faster than said projectiles. If Sonic felt like there were too many projectiles to dodge, he may just instead teleport to Darkrai or teleport their projectiles away (Super Sonic is able to Chaos Control other things to different locations after all, like in SA2).

If the portal opens right beneth him, it's not avoidable, especially if it's thought based
But then again, it was only shown like that in the game animations, which is likely a case of game mechanics. Everywhere else the move didn't appear like that, which greatly changes the outcome

If that's how Dark Void works, Sonic literally can't EVER do anything before he immediately falls asleep, but if this is indeed just a case of game mechanics animations, then Sonic can dodge it with the boost

He basically "wills" himself to go faster. He can boost whenever he wants and it amps his speed by 8x. This would not only allow him to blitz Darkrai once he gets in close, but he'd also be able to far more easily evade danmaku since he'd be so many times faster than said projectiles. If Sonic felt like there were too many projectiles to dodge, he may just instead teleport to Darkrai or teleport their projectiles away (Super Sonic is able to Chaos Control other things to different locations after all, like in SA2).
Darkrai pretty much has a move that completely erases the stat changes of target like even if it's by multiple stages
Not only that but Darkrai can become intangible at will and due to it's genius intelligence it will use it's moves and hax to it's advantage if Sonic would try to pull something off like increasing his stats

Darkrai pretty much has a move that completely erases the stat changes of target like even if it's by multiple stages
Not only that but Darkrai can become intangible at will and due to it's genius intelligence it will use it's moves and hax to it's advantage if Sonic would try to pull something off like increasing his stats
I dunno if they could even pull off that move before being blitzed tho. With an 8x increase, he pretty much moves faster than they can think of using a move. Not to mention, Sonic could simply start boosting again to get the amp back, as long as he has energy is capable of continuously using it.

I believe Sonic can also interact with intangible characters like Knuckles. Tho I'm not 100% sure of that. But again, Sonic could probs blitz before they consider going intangible (Or Sonic could counter with Chaos Control and just like stop them in time or smth).

I believe Sonic can also interact with intangible characters like Knuckles. Tho I'm not 100% sure of that. But again, Sonic could probs blitz before they consider going intangible (Or Sonic could counter with Chaos Control and just like stop them in time or smth).
He can. It's on his profile. He can interact with ghosts and such, so Darkrai being intangible won't help it

I don't see anything in Sonics profile where he just instantly gets the willpower to go faster
It just says he activates speed increase with power ups or items

I don't see anything in Sonics profile where he just instantly gets the willpower to go faster
The boost increases his speed, something that is also in the speed section. Sonic also have the Light-Speed attack too to increase his speed even further

I dunno if they could even pull off that move before being blitzed tho. With an 8x increase, he pretty much moves faster than they can think of using a move. Not to mention, Sonic could simply start boosting again to get the amp back, as long as he has energy is capable of continuously using it.

And also Knuckles has intangible?
Where?

So basically, in most modern sonic games, holding the x button causes Sonic to boost. This instantly shoots Sonic up to super high speeds. If it helps, here's a clip. It's something he uses all the time in Modern games.

Back