• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to close a thread when people are still discussing, and there's no need to rush this.

It's not like the people rooting for Immeasurable speeds have that much of faulty reasonings, it's literally just a matter of whether people think they scale or not.

ShakeResounding said:
No reason to close a thread when people are still discussing, and there's no need to rush this.
It's not like the people rooting for Immeasurable speeds have that much of faulty reasonings, it's literally just a matter of whether people think they scale or not.
They do. The one who made this thread is STILL saying that Time Eater should have immeasurable speed via time travelling through movement, even though that's blatantly false.

Fine, sure, let's say it is blatantly false.

That doesn't change the fact that the Hedgehog Trio genuinely fought Solaris, who is now Immeasurable. Arguing for the scaling is still valid, even if the other points aren't. Whether it's an outlier or not, that's up for the people of this thread to debate about.

ShakeResounding said:
Fine, sure, let's say it is blatantly false.
That doesn't change the fact that the Hedgehog Trio genuinely fought Solaris, who is now Immeasurable. Arguing for the scaling is still valid, even if the other points aren't. Whether it's an outlier or not, that's up for the people of this thread to debate about.
Yeah, but Solaris was anchored. That's why they were able to fight him.

"This creature will consume all existing timelines, and time itself will collapse, and disappear into nothingness."

"He eats dimensions for lunch."

Sounds straightforward.

Where do the "Anchored" part even comes from? Its because it doesnt move in the fight? Because thats a serious fallacy, is almost impossible to represent a Immesurable character in-game without breaking mechanics or having a half hour explanation about it.

It's that once sentence where Eggman said "but, there should be something that's anchoring him in this dimension."

It's never explained what was anchoring him. His reaction speeds would still be immeasurable anyways.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
"This creature will consume all existing timelines, and time itself will collapse, and disappear into nothingness."
"He eats dimensions for lunch."

Sounds straightforward.
Yeah, he will. He's fighting the hedgehogs at the moment.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
It's that once sentence where Eggman said "but, there should be something that's anchoring him in this dimension."
It's never explained what was anchoring him. His reaction speeds would still be immeasurable anyways.
Not really.

Infinite speed for the characters seems wrong to me, since if I remember correctly when Sonic and co. were fighting Solaris, EVERYONE was there, not only the three of them. Even the base hedgehogs and freaking Elise.

The "Everyone was there" is horrible argument, Eggman explains how they were on some sort of Time-rift accidentaly created by Solaris and only there they could move, when Sonic, Shadow and Silver became super they exited the rift to fight Solaris.

Shadow should recount the people who agreed and didnt to put it on the OP so everyone gets a perspective on it.

There's an entire other thread where people who haven't responded to this disagree. Even in the best case scenario, Immeasurable hedgehogs is an outlier.

How a character with Infinite speed feats would have a Immesurable taken as an outlier, thats like saying that a 8-C character cant jump to 8-B.

Time Eater is being downgraded as the supporting reasons were flawed. This is why the last thread at the very least should've been linked in this.

Yeah, Time Eater is getting downgraded for the same reason Super Dimentio was downgraded and for the same reasons Goku and Jiren aren't infinite speed.

Other than obvious outlier of Base Sonic running around in there,White Space actually sounds like type 3,stated & shown to be timeless by depicting characters & places as being devoid of color. The Lair Of Time Eater is it's natural enviornment which is located inside of White Space.

And meanwhile you have people like Krillin able to move in the World of Void, so Dragon Ball isn't the best comparison. Nobody gets frozen in there.

Dimentio was unjustly downgraded,why would he do something so detrimental to himself if he couldn't move or function after the multiverse is destroyed?

Moving in a "Timeless Void" simply counts as specific hax, not Infinite or Immeasurable speed. And Dimentio was actually described as being one with the void iirc, but we don't consider moving in voids a speed feat, since it's Undefined. Also, "Krillin being able to move in the world of void" also applies to Sonic characters like Eggman and Tails being able to talk inside the "Void." Anyway, Solaris being "Anchored" implies that he's actually not able to use his full power or speed right away and that the Super Hedgehog Trio doesn't actually scale from Solaris to begin with.

Solaris being anchored just means he was unable to travel from his spot. It's not going to make his reaction speeds infinitely slower. It's like if I had my ankles chained to a wall. I can't leave the spot but I can still move my arms at the same speed as I would if I wasn't being chained.

But still, do to his lack of movement space, he was still unable to avoid the Trio's attacks. Besides, the super forms having Immeasurable speed would contradict many other consistencies against other end game boss fights. Though, I want to hear Matthew Schroeder or Sera Ex's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back