• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey1940 said:
Wasn't Eggman talking to Super Sonic during the Solaris fight? Does that imply Eggman has infinite speed, since his mouth could keep up with the fight??
Please tell me this is not a serious question.

Justification for Solaris's speed is easy.

Speed: Immeasurable (Is a higher-dimensional being that is beyond linear time, as it simultaneously exists in the past, present, and future)

I would also suggest changing Archie Solaris's justification for immeasurable to that as it maintains the temporal omnipresence that the game version has.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
It's an item that the characters can use, so it stays.
The name is just not enough, we need actual canon info. that it makes them Invulnerable to qualify as such, if not its just used as enhanced durability.

Also do we know the size of Black Doom's army?

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Mickey1940 said:
Wasn't Eggman talking to Super Sonic during the Solaris fight? Does that imply Eggman has infinite speed, since his mouth could keep up with the fight??
Please tell me this is not a serious question.
This is a serious question

Mickey1940 said:
This is a serious question
Is quite simple: Eggman was empowered by the force of the-player-needs-a-guide-because-otherwise-they-might-not-figure-out-what-to-do.

tl;dr Talking is a free action.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Invulernable =/= they can't be harmed.
Don't know, and you're kind of derailing the thread.
No. It's a lot more than that. You need to give evidence that it's actually invulernable. Anyway, yeah, Solaris is immeasurable. But he doesn't have low-godly. They had to attack his consciousness to defeat him, but that doesn't mean he can regenerate of anything short of that. I'm pretty sure he doesn't regenerate from anything during that fight. You completely lost me when you compared the Warping Arm Attack to the Grotesque Demonic Hand. That's the most absurd wank I think I've ever heard. The Warping Arm Attack is literally just the Time Eater making a portal and punching through it. Granted, it's a portal to a different time period, but that's it. Not even CLOSE to immeasurable speed. And I'm almost positive that the only thing Time Eater can erase is time and space. He can't just erase anything. It's more time/space manip than anything else. And I'm pretty sure the Super states wouldn't scale to Solaris's immeasurable speed, because it was anchored to Sonic's dimension. I'm not super knowledgable on 06 though, so I might be wrong.

1) Eggman saying that they had to stop Solaris's consciousness because they couldn't stop his form would mean that Solaris can come back as long as his consciousness is still intact.

2) Warping Arm Attack just supports evidence that Time Eater isn't bound by linear time since he can already travel to different time periods with movement.

3) You can erase time and space = you can erase matter. The matter will always be secondary to space-time.

4) Solaris would still have immeasurable reaction speeds due to existing in the past, present, and future even if he was being anchored.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
1) Eggman saying that they had to stop Solaris's consciousness because they couldn't stop his form would mean that Solaris can come back as long as his consciousness is still intact.
2) Warping Arm Attack just supports evidence that Time Eater isn't bound by linear time since he can already travel to different time periods with movement.

3) You can erase time and space = you can erase matter. The matter will always be secondary to space-time.

4) Solaris would still have immeasurable reaction speeds due to existing in the past, present, and future even if he was being anchored.
Not really, it just means that was the only way the hedgehogs could hurt him. He was invulnerable otherwise.

No it doesn't. Warping Arm Attack doesn't support anything, and the Time Eater never travels to different time periods with movement, he does it with portals. Time travel, not immeasurable speed.

Pretty sure that's not how that works. Might be wrong though, so I won't argue with you on that.

Uh, yeah, but he didn't move at all in that fight. So why would the hedgehogs scale? Again, not too knowledgable on 06 though, so I might be wrong.

1) In phase 1 they blasted off his armor to get to his core. Phase 2 was when they went for his consciousness.

2) Time Eater doesn't use portals when time travelling.

3) If you erase space-time, you erase the matter within it.

4) Solaris shifts his body and hurls attacks in the form of condensed meteors and energy beams.

2. Yes he does...

every time he time travels, he opens some kind of portal to get there. He doesn't do it with sheer speed

3. I will agree with you on this one

4. Solaris never time travels with sheer speed either, btherefore not immeasurable speed. Temporal Omnipresence =/= immesurable speed

2) Not according to what Tails is stating in the cutscene I linked.

4) Never said Solaris time travels. Him being a higher-dimensional being with temporal omnipresence gives him immeasurable by default.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
2) Not according to what Tails is stating in the cutscene I linked.
4) Never said Solaris time travels. Him being a higher-dimensional being with temporal omnipresence gives him immeasurable by default.
It doesn't matter what Tails is saying if we literally see him doing something else.

Yeah, but the hedgehogs don't scale because Solaris was anchored during that fight. It's also an absurd outlier.

I mean, is consitantly shown in the games that characters can create "Portals" with sheer speed, like Sonic creating portals to other realms in the Advance series.

It doesn't matter what Tails is saying if we literally see him doing something else.

Yeah, but the hedgehogs don't scale because Solaris was anchored during that fight. It's also an absurd outlier.

Solaris being anchored isn't going to make his reaction speeds infinitely slower. Also "absurd outlier" is not an argument.

You can ask Dark649 to comment here again.

Okay. Do some of the characters need to get upgraded to immeasurable speed then?

Okay. Which ones would be affected, and would you be willing to handle it?

Sonic, Shadow, and Silver got the speed upgrade.

Time Eater, Egg Wizard, Egg Salamander, and Blaze still have infinite speed listed.

I think i already handle it, but there is the possibily for Time Eater, Eggwizard, Eggsalamender and Burning Blaze to scale.

Dark649 said:
I think i already handle it, but there is the possibily for Time Eater, Eggwizard, Eggsalamender and Burning Blaze to scale.
Time Eater, yeah the travelling into different time periods with movement would give him immeasurable speed.

Egg Wizard, Egg Salamander, and Burning Blaze would scale as they kept up with 2-C Super Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back