• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an outlier in Sonic mania, unless you want to argue that Dark Gaia has infinite speed.

I may want to tackle some issues with the Phantom Ruby I have, but that's for another time. For now forget I brought up Mania.

Egg Reverie & Nullspace aren't illusions for one,Knuckles states that he didn't know were Sonic went yet told the Soldiers that what they're seeing isn't real,also Nullspace is stated to be infinite in size,which would make The Ruby at the very least High 3-A.

Then the Ruby wouldn't scale to the character's durability.

Infinite had a smaller version of the Phantom Ruby, but it was still able to create the endless Null Space, but that doesn't make him High 3-A.

The thing about the Ruby is that it's kinda bogged by Sonic Forces's crappy plot.

Its supposed to be superior to the Chaos Emeralds and even the Master Emerald, but Infinite got beaten by base Sonic. Which is why I wanted to save that for another time.

And even when Eggman used the true Phantom Ruby with his Death Egg Robot, he was still beaten by the CaC and the two Sonics in a base.

So with so much against it, Phantom Ruby is probably not High 3-A then and Nullspace being infinite is probably hyperbole.

Even if it was infinite, it wouldn't necessarily scale to durability, as Creation does not always equal dura unless nothing contradicts it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
The thing about the Ruby is that it's kinda bogged by Sonic Forces's crappy plot.
Its supposed to be superior to the Chaos Emeralds and even the Master Emerald, but Infinite got beaten by base Sonic. Which is why I wanted to save that for another time.
Well, then again, I wouldn't suggest Sonic at all scales to Infinite.

Infinite was hyped up to be the strongest villain Sonic's ever faced but loses to base Sonic and is not even the final boss.

Cropfist said:
Well, then again, I wouldn't suggest Sonic at all scales to Infinite.
>Sonic doesn't scale to infinite

>Sonic defeated Infinite in each and every encounter outside of the first one.

'K

>every encounter

You mean their whopping 2 fights?

The first one was Infinite had just stomped Silver, who = Sonic, and Sonic got one-shotted the instant Infinite took it remotely seriously.

The second had Sonic with help from the avatar, who also got brushed off by serious Infinite, so

He and the avatar defeated Infinite when he was at full power, to the point that the latter ran away like a wimp.

And unless you want to argue that Infinite was just suppressing himself by a degree of infinity (lol), or that the CaC gives Sonic a boost comparable to the Chaos Emeralds, I don't see why he wouldn't be on a similar league of power as Sonic.

If he fights them a few times and overpowers them at the end while holding back, but then suddenly gets beaten by them while at full power, how could he scale down?

Because it's nonsensical to assume that he was holding back infinitely?

And he even criticized Eggman from making Sonic survive this long throughout the years.

I am not sure where "holding back infinitely" comes from, but fiction rarely considers linear power level differences, so stuff like this has happened before.

I actually think the Ruby could be 2-C at full potential due to Tails saying that it was affecting other dimensions and that it's superior to the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald, BUT Infinite would not scale to it much like how Dark Gaia, Devil Doom, and the other 4-A super form bosses don't scale to 2-C.

At the very best, you could give the Phantom Ruby a "possibly higher" thing, but not straight up 2-C.

The real cal howard said:
No, bro. Variable of 6 tiers is a massive no-go.
"At least 2-B, possibly High 1-B" Arceus via an obscure statement in a japanese only advert where its hinted the possibility of infinite dimensional levels

I mean Shulk jumps from 5-B to Low 2-C, Rimuru from 7-C to High 4-C, hell Sonic once jump from 8-A to 5-B.

I disagree with upgrade the Phantom Ruby and its wielders, in Sonic Forces most statement should not be used because they are contraddicted shortly after.

TBH I still think the "outlier" argument about the Solaris fight is flawed when tier 2 Sonic is no longer considered an outlier on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back