• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we still need staff to comment. I clarified some points for Ultima, and Elizhaa just agreed with debunked points. Staff members, amirite? OvO

I know it's a faster bump than usual, but for real.

I've yet to get a response to my post aside from a few questions and such from Ultima, which I responded to. I've offered rebuttals for any arguments proposed, which have gone unanswered. I even danced around an argument stemming from something that didn't even exist (no offense, Greenshifter. You're still my pal). I know staff say is really the only say that actually matters, but I'd like for this to be over.

Currently, I don't think most arguments for those who disagree were debunked but just a matter of different perpective.

I am still iffy on the assumption that The Exception (the area where they fight the Egg Salamander) caused in the merging of the universes, is "near the edge of the universes" since fictions have been generally been inconsistent the location of universe merging so I think the distance is unquantifiable.

Shake, though, you can ask staffs like Administrators or Discussion Moderators for more inputs.

No, they were actually legitimately debunked. This has nothing to do with perspective.

It's not inside of the universe, it's outside of it by a fair margin from what we see. I've said that repeatedly during this thread. So using the size of the observable universe is completely valid. And what other works of fiction do is irrelevant to this case.

I'll ask, then.

I'm kind of neutral regarding this upgrade. While it could be assumed that The Exception Zone is outside the universe, I don't see any conclusive proof (As in a description of the place, where it is, or even a map) that it truly is outside the universe.

That being said, I would love to hear more input regarding this.

I'm sort of in weak agreement with this. Not disagreement, mind you, I still support it. Just with some mild doubt. If it explicitly was just moving out of the universe, then I suppose that using the radius of the observable universe would be fair, though is there any indication of how close they were to the edge? Like, obviously the feat would be toned down quite a bit if they were close to the edge already, though I have no clue if they were.

It's difficult for me to evaluate this without much knowledge on Sonic as a whole, so my agreement probably should be taken with a grain of salt. But the feat does seem legitimate.

Here's a clip. As you can see, they seem to travel quite the distance. There's a gigagatic area of darkness that dwarfs The Exception itself and has no negstove impacts on Somoc's universe, implying that it's pretty far away from the edge of the universe as a whole to have that much space between the edges and The Exception alongside nothing in Sonic's universe going haywire. Especially considering The Exception would've destroyed it.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I'm kind of neutral regarding this upgrade. While it could be assumed that The Exception Zone is outside the universe, I don't see any conclusive proof (As in a description of the place, where it is, or even a map) that it truly is outside the universe.
The proof is within the clip I just posted. If they were still within the universe, there would've been celestial bodies around The Exception. Instead, all we see is a vast and empty void.

Here's the clip agai.

Yes I have seen that moment. Although going by visuals alone for an upgrade makes me feel uneasy.

Anyways you do have a point, so I will agree to this for now until a counterargument spurs up.

You have a point on visuals alone. Luckily, to ease your worries, that isn't the only thing we're using. Context matters, too.

1. We know the universes are about to merge, and it's safest to assume at the edges if there's nothing to imply anything else.

2. We know The Exception is outside of the universe because you fight the Eggmen after they state they're going beyond their dimension.

3. Sonic's universe is yet to even be affected by The Exception, implying a distance between that and Sonic's universe.

4. With the prior three to substantiate travel outside of the universe, celestial bodies are nowhere to be seen.

Before anybody decides to try anything, this thread in no way impacts the feat. Remember that the ending of Secret Rings reveals that Sonic physically travelled universes in base form by simply running from one to the other, establishing that there is a beginning and an end to universes that allows Sonic to physically travel from one to another within his cosmology.

As such, the calculation is unaffected due to in-universe circumstances.

I also agree after watching The Exception fight a couple of times. It clearly looks as though it is the void that is affecting both universes.

Can somebody summarise which members that agree and disagree about this revision?

C'mon Cal, you knew that was a pipe dream.

Agree

• Super Saiyan God Julian
  • DarkGrath
Disagree

• Cal (Got BTFO'd like a boomer)
  • DDM
Neutral

• Elizhaa (I think he changed his mind on flat disagreement and is now in a more neutral standpoint)
  • Ultima (Was simply questioning the validity of the feat and concerns with it)
Current Consensus
My points are left unaddressed, and DDM's points of why this feat isn't valid holds no water.

Honestly I'm so far behind that I can't reread this (also I just ran a 5K so I'm 100% done with everything rn lol). I still think this is too much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back