• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog Revision Project

I shall give you your first Kudos. I agree with the revisions. However, . I do have a lot of quesons... But let me start small...

Wouldn't the Master Emerald scale to the higr ends of the Chaos Emerald ? Same with items that have shown to be able to outpower the Master Emerald, or items literally stated to be stronger than the Chaos Emeralds in general ?

I think that the blog seems reasonable, but would appreciate more staff input.

They would still scale by the Final Egg Blaster MFTL+ speed and them keeping up with Solaris and Time Eater with also the possible new infinite speed rules for them. The Master Emerald should scale, but the Hyper Forms are not fully canon currently and should have tier 2 ratings only when shown, like defeating beings of that level in that state.

I agree with almost all of it, but I'm skeptical of scaling Super Sonic to Solaris.

I find it highly questionable whether Sonic actually harmed him. He attacked Solaris' conciousness which makes the feat very questionable and the feat was never explained. Super Sonic suddenly became much stronger than his consistent feats and even split his power in three to empower Shadow and Silver. Not only was the feat given a reason to exist, but Super Sonic has yet to be explained to be inconsistent by any of the designers, so he needs consistency. Not to mention that, while they broke through some of his defenses, they never really harmed him, and merely destroyed his consciousness. Heck, he would have come back if they didn't blow out his candle. It's more consistent for Low 2-C especially because he basically stomped Time Eater.

Maybe I'm missing something, though. I still agree with the rest of the blog.

Also, Solaris being 2-B is questionable in itself, as the Sonic multiverse has no known size, and we rate those things as 2-C.

Disagreed with Scaling to the Egg buster because why would they be comparable to speed against something they fail to dodge?

As Ever pointed out....There's zero justification for Solaris being 2B, that's textbook 2C.

And one more thing: It was stated that Solaris would destroy all timelines and he was heavily implied to be higher-dimensional. While this sounds Multi-Universe level or Multiverse level, the Prima Guide for Sonic '06 states that Solaris threatened the universe, and that was it. With that in mind, he would destroy all timelines, but probably only one-by-one. Even so, he should be massively superior to Time Eater, since Super Sonic stomped it but couldn't harm Solaris under normal means. I think Solaris would be better off as "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C".

I have my own opinions of these, if you were to be willing to listen?

Classic Sonic being 8-A is fine. His laser dodging feat from CD was calced at Sub-Relativistic+ I think on the Brazillian VsWiki.

Adventure Sonic should be 5-B scaling from Chaos 6, yes. Also FTL since it's here that we start to get FTL statements and such.

Modern Sonic can be 5-A, I suppose, although I am uncertain over this. I frankly think that him killing Perfect Chaos in Base is an inconsistency, although it could be an indication on the fact that Sonic becomes stronger with the passing of the time.

Super Sonic should probably be 4-A across all three Eras, I suppose, or just have a Composite Super Sonic Key, would be for the best.

Super Sonic should be 4-A to Low 2-C and we need to explain that the power varies.

Solaris is 2-C, nothing more. Sonic + Shadow + Silver beating him is okay cause each was likely Low 2-C at the time.

Hyper Sonic should be Unknown, and so should Excalibur Sonic be.

Isn't Excalibur Sonic quantifiable tho?

Also, Modern Sonic still harmed Imperfect Dark Gaia, who has a 5-A feat just by awakening.

I suppose Modern Sonic could be 5-A, then.

Excalibur Sonic should be comparable to baseline Super Sonic. It can't be weaker than Base Sonic.

Also, I just realized that all Super Forms are equal, see Sonic Generations.

Don't each of the Sonic Rush games have a Low 2-C feat? Someone should get Executor N0 here. He is very informed about Sonic.

So, overall:

Classic: 8-A, Sub-Relativistic+.

Adventure: 5-B, FTL.

Modern: 5-A, FTL.

Excalibur: At least 5-A, at least FTL.

Super Sonic: 4-A to Low 2-C. Don't know speed.

Hyper Sonic: Unknown in all categories.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Don't each of the Sonic Rush games have a Low 2-C feat? Someone should get Executor N0 here. He is very informed about Sonic.
I know the Power of the Stars is Tier 2, but it was explicitly stated to be stronger than the Chaos Emeralds, so Sonic beating it is probably an inconsistency.

The Chaos and Sol Emeralds were also causing Sonic and Blaze's universes to merge together because they were both in the same universe, but whether this can be used for attacks is debatable.

Yeah.

I also feel like Werehog Sonic's key can be removed, since it's literally just Sonic but a bit stronger.

Also I like how this discussion is making Sonic's tiering so much more streamlined.

Yes, it's honestly quite simple. Werehog and Excalibur could be on the Forms of the profile but lack Tiers of them on.

Another good feat is Eggman using the 7 Emeralds to split the planet in Sonic Advanced 3, and I think you can beat the Final Boss in Base?

Iirc didn't that thing only happened in Sonic Rush because both Emeralds being present in the same world upset the balance of both worlds? That seems more like balance stuff then raw power

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yes, it's honestly quite simple. Werehog and Excalibur could be on the Forms of the profile but lack Tiers of them on.
Another good feat is Eggman using the 7 Emeralds to split the planet in Sonic Advanced 3, and I think you can beat the Final Boss in Base?
The final boss of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity has a 5-B feat, but it doesn't scale to Sonic because it was only with one attack and the boss is a glass cannon.

The Everlasting said:
So, overall:
Classic: 8-A, Sub-Relativistic+.

Adventure: 5-B, FTL.

Modern: 5-A, FTL.

Excalibur: At least 5-A, at least FTL.

Super Sonic: 4-A to Low 2-C. Don't know speed.

Hyper Sonic: Unknown in all categories.
This seems wrong because you did not properly read the blog.

Classic: 8-A. Likely 8-A for Eggrobo.

Adventure: 5-B. Likely 5-B for Tails, Amy, Cream and Charmy.

Modern: 5-A. At least 5-A for the bigger threats. Likely 5-A for Tails, Amy, Cream and Charmy.

Excalibur: it's just a story told from said book, so not usable.

Super Sonic: 4-A to Low 2-C to 2-B MFTL+ from keeping up and defeating Solaris as i explained why in the blog.

Hyper Sonic: At least 4-A.

Speeds: Sub-Relativistic+ [Classic] to FTL [Adventure] to at least FTL [Modern], which is different for some characters i explained.

@Dark

First of all, I was talking about Sonic himself.

Second, how is that description for Excalibur Sonic mean it's not usable?

Third, Solaris is not 2-B.

Fourth, the MFTL+ feat makes no sense to scale to.

Back