• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic The Hedgehog downgrade...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(Game_Character)

As pointed out above, Sonic the Hedgehog's Hyper Sonic form somehow seems to arbitrarily place him at least four tiers above his last form just because it's "far superior", and doesn't quantify, let alone cite, by how much. A similar case is apparent with speed: Somehow he magically just becomes MFTL+, when his last form was FTL+. FTL+, possibly MFTL sounds more accurate.

Is there anyone able to explain this? If not, I'm really only seeing a better Large Planet or maybe Dwarf Star come of this.

Note: On a more technical level, his range entry and some parts of his powers/abilities are sort of a mess, imo.

IIRC, Super Sonics Large Planet feat was on the lower end, so I don't think Dwarf Star would be accurate. At least 5-A seems the most reasonable to me.

Okay so i just downgraded him but there is one thing i want to say here. Unless there is something that can remotely back up that tier, he's going to stay as At least 5-A...

Cropfist said:
I looked through the page history and found that the star level statistic was inserted by Rocks75.
Oh yeah, he was one of our former admins. Thing is that it's been so long that i have no clue why he and Knuckles were even High 4-C.

Though i think it had something to do with Solaris methinks...

I would have to remind here that it takes about 20000 times more energy for a character to move up from 5-A to High 5-A. This is a tremendous amount of boost.

Therefore, I agree with Cross's suggestion that Hyper Sonic stay as "At least 5-A, likely higher" until we get more feats.

As what Crazy pointed out. Unless there is something that remotely puts Sonic and Knuckles at even High 5-A, they're going to stay where they are.

In my opinion, his "possible Universe level" thing should be disregarded as well for Darkspine Sonic.

• 1. Erazor Djin is featless when it comes to Durability, all we know is he's immortal, so there's no way of knowing what it took to defeat his Alf Layla wa-layla form.
  • 2. Sonic asked for Shara's strength in the fight, so it's not like all of it's his own power anyways.
  • 3. They were in a story book realm consisting of the Arabian Nights alone. If it is a universe, it's a very small one.
That's just me throwing in my 2 cents.

I thnk that's another thing that Rocks75 and some people kept talking about. Something about the world being a universe inside a book or whatever....hmm.

A" Small" universe is still a universe and on that note i say why the downgrade it seems alright to me with the exception of one thing the time eater he beat the time eater yes not alone but to even damage him you woukd have to be around its level to harm it so i dont see why that is not counted Among Sonics feats

Wasn't universal Darkspine on OBD too? I might be mistaken?

To Denpahero, that's not how it works with pocket universes, which I'm pretty sure this is. A pocket realm varies in size. It can be anywhere from room to universe+. This one has no reason to put it above planet size other than wording, which is why I'm iffy myself. And Time Eater is a blatant outlier, along with Dolaris.

I will repeat myself on here and say that Sonic having possibly 3-A in his Darkspine form was somehting that Rocks75, a former admin of ours, and some others have discussed on putting that.

But given our current case with stuff like this, i'm actually considering of wanting to take that out. The OBD does have it on their site. But here? I just don't even know anymore...

How is outlier i mean when other people like mario take on beings of such power when they never have people don't say it is an outlier when it just be that but when sonic does he gets short changed i don't get it he beat beyond universe beings now twice and i keep see outlier but it is not he did.it twice yes with help but again to even harm these beings you would have to be around their level of power

Same reason Kirby isn't Universal for beating Magolor. Sonic struggles to take out characters literally infinitely weaker in future installments. At least with Mario, it's with the same bad guy (Bowser) and even then we put a separate key for SMG.

Cal pretty much sums it up. Like Kirby isn't Universe level for beating Magalor cause the games that appeared after the one Magalor was in, Kirby ends up struggling to beat 4-A level beings.

Sonics the same thing in this case cause him and the others (Shadow and Silver) beating him is considered an outlier cause the next games after Solaris's appearance Sonic ends up having a tough time to beat characters like Dark Gaia and such.

( last post of the day did not see the time )

I guess but unlike the various power objects kirby uses sonics is primarily the chaaos emeralds and with statmens from the sonic rush games to the two arguably muti-verse guys it does stand to reason that super sonic is that powerful the only time there was that power discrepancy was when he got tired after beating dark gaia and that in all Likely was just away for the Writers to get some kind of artificial drama out of the whole we won't see chip again seen it's like how people say the ninja turtel Raphael cant beat leo but he has on panel and on screen but peoe say that was just the writers just trying to add artificial stuff to the story it is the same thing with that sceen ( with sonic geting tierd and chip haveing to float him up ward )

Here is what the OBD wiki says about Darkspine Sonic:

"Universe level (was able to fight and defeat Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla, who destroyed the Arabian Nights world with his power, also deflected and pounced back his strongest move comprised of the words of Arabian Nights, was able to change said world back to normal after defeating him)"

I have no idea. I am not well-informed about Sonic.

Yeah, it's from inside a book. From what i got from the Sonic News Network wikia, the book that contains the Arabian Nights world is supposdly treated as a sort of alternate reality.

Of what size it contains, i do not know...

If its described as an alternate reality, that sounds more like a 3-A or at least 3-B feat. Sonic has already been confirmed to have a multiverse so it being a full sized Universe isn't out of the question.

Hmm. Okay. Well the alternate reality part is stated or at least said on the Sonic News wikia.

At least now i'm likely to reconsider changing my mind on this......okay more or likes maybe.

If there isn't much proof that the arabian nights isn't an entire universe, perhaps Darkanine's suggestion with Darkspine being 4-A makes more sense. Perhaps we could word this as: "At least 4-A, likely higher" due to multiple stars shown in the background.

That works too. At least this way we won't have to take out the tier of that, rather we rework it to what Darkanine suggested like waht Crazy said.

Errrr...

Did we not discuss in the Devil May Cry threads that having stars in the background of a pocket dimension wasn't a reliable reason to warrant a feat unless it was apparent that they were real stars? Sort of the same reason Iskandar isn't Star level for creating a pocket dimension in which the sun in shining. Just saying, it'd be a good bit hypocritical of us to count this, based on promotional art, when we don't count another thing with arguably more solid evidence, i.e. it actually appearing in-game.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd i so wish things like this didn't get so complicated nowadays.......

Welp, im'ma stay out for now.

The Perpetual is correct. We will probably have to place Darkspine Sonic at "Unknown" in lack of better options.

Alright i'm back. Getting my mind a bit set out after what Perpetual pointed out (we really need to do this shit more often, people. Please?), Unknown is what'll have to go for Darkspine/Arabian Nights Sonic.

I think Hyper Sonic was Large Star level due to having to be more powerful than the full power of the Chaos Emeralds, which performed a Large Star level feat in Sonic Battle. Not 100% certain, though.

Well, Darkness552 and Davy0 used to be the experts handling the Sonic pages, but unfortunately they are gone now. I think that Unclechairman was involved too, but he also seems to have disappeared.

From what I can find, the result of the Final Egg Blaster destroying a cluster of stars was ~1.3 Foe, which is Large Star level. The logic is that Hyper Sonic should be Large Star level for being powered by emeralds superior to the full power of the Chaos Emeralds.

However, this was one of Vivi's calcs, so the original no longer exists. Hopefully someone has it saved.

Well, you can either check here or use the Wayback Machine archive for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back