• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple the light shells limited his true power, hence why he was taking so long to destroy one dimension and why he transformed after the light shells were destroyed.

Zamasu Chan said:
Simple the light shells limited his true power, hence why he was taking so long to destroy one dimension and why he transformed after the light shells were destroyed.
Still has 2-C durability and the hedgehogs defeated his second phase.

That's pure unadulterated head canon because Solaris has to go through a completely different transformation after his armor was destroyed.

What's pure unadulterated headcanon is assuming his durability would be somehow in a tier unquantifiably lower just because the light shells were holding him back.

The light shells are giving him the inability to transform, he needed to transform to use his full power.

Zamasu Chan said:
The light shells are giving him the inability to transform, he needed to transform to use his full power.
I'm not arguing that his second phase isn't more powerful because I even posted the page in the official guide which says it.

The notion I'm arguing against is that his first phase would somehow be a tier unquantifiably lower.

I agree with Shadow here about Solaris's durability, but because I'm a dick, I'll play some devils advocate. It is quite possible for someone to have durability unquantifiable lower. Just look at how you neutered Bill, for example. Or on a more serious note, look at Haruhi Suzumiya.

Blame Ricsi for that OvO.

Haruhi merged timelines through reality warping, which doesn't scale to durability. Solaris is higher-dimensional and he was going to consume the multiverse by collapsing it. He would need durability on that level to survive what he was doing.

Yeah, we don't treat beings as higher-dimensional if they're stated to be yet how they're portrayed contradicts it, hence why Wyrm was downgraded.

Or those pan-dimensional beings who died crashing their spaceship in 3D which is why Bill isn't High 1-C.

Wouldn't "all existing timelines" and "time itself" include the timelines in Maginaryworld? If not, the usage of timelines should still make him 2-C, not Low 2-C IMO.

Yeah, there is absolutely nothing suggesting that Solaris can only destroying one timeline at a time when the guy has temporal omnipresence.

He is definitely 2-C.

BB is a weird case.

Solaris gets compared to Lavos a lot, though Solaris is just one being instead of having clones across other timelines.

Cuz I said Bill ain't High 1-C OvO.

@Ryukama

Not to mention the realm that contains the countless worlds within Maginaryworld is explicitly called "The 4th Dimension". Isn't that the name for time itself?

Fourth Dimension Space is the dream world inside Maginaryworld containing everyone's dreams. Of course, all the other countless dream worlds within Maginaryworld were created from those dreams.

However one important thing to note about Sonic lore is that they never use dimensions to describe spatiotemporal dimensions, dimensions are used to describe universes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't there also be countless of alternate dimensions existing (in which each being who created their own dream exists in their own alternate dimension) since countless dreams exist (this part I got from Illumina's AP description) as well (unless there is a confirmed finite number of alternate dimensions or something)?

If it's true, then Solaris shouldn't have no problem affecting the alternate dimensions instead of the dreams themselves (which he can't affect).

There is not one, not two, but three similar threads. Maybe i need to close them and bring them in just one. I was supposed to downgrade the other Infinite speed ones to MFTL+ and downgrade other bosses from 4-A to at least 5-A and place as At least 5-A to 4-A for a few ones, but the discussions about it were unfinished.

I'm back after a long day. Anyway, I can't help but notice that the only one trying to disprove low 2-C is Shadow. There's no reason to go against the low 2-C to 2-C idea. Sonic has a variable tier and his tier 2 feats vary from low 2-C to 2-C. It's not like I'm trying to completely downgrade Sonic like I was trying before, I'm just suggesting that we give him more options but apparently you don't understand that. I'm no longer going to explain or argue with you on tier 2 feats because this is getting extremely redundant and going nowhere. As for the 5-A business, your points for 4-A being the low end are weak. Just because Super Sonic stomped Perfect Chaos does not negate scaling to Dark Gaia, which is why these characters are 5-A in the first place. 4-A shouldn't even be on Dark Gaia because in his imperfect state he broke the planet, fought Gaia Colossus and then When he transformed both Sonic and Chip had to work together. If Dark Gaia was comparable to Gaia Colossus before, then he would just blow Sonic and Chip away with no difficulty because the gap between 5-A and 4-A are thousands of trillions times. At least 5-A, low 2-C to 2-C super forms is what the goal is and the change is not too major.

I agree that the number of Low 2-C feats shown with Super Sonic are minimal. Many of the things you claim are Low 2-C are just plain 2-C, and it wouldn't make sense for Modern Sonic to have it when he plainly stomped the Time Eater.

Him needing Classic Sonic doesn't hold too much water. They were both squashed, they both turned Super, might as well have both of them go at it as well. That, and there was never a sign of effort coming from either Sonic during the battle.

I wouldn't necessarily mind Low 2-C, but I feel it's slightly unwarranted due to the 2-C feats. Just my take, though.

It's been stated over and over the reason why Sonic no longer has outliers is because the chaos emeralds match the opponent's power yet you keep mentioning the Time Eater got stomped.

@Shake The feat From Sonic Rush has a 2-C process but a low 2-C result and it was performed by both emeralds. See what Magi posted above. Then we have, the universal statement Eggman made about the Egg Salamander creating a new world. After that we have Solaris and I have some explaining to do.

Solaris phase 1 was taking forever just consume one space time continuum. Eggman said that the light shells were anchoring Solaris and the only logical explanation was that it gave Solaris the inability to transform and use his true power. This would explain why Solaris was taking so long to destroy the universe. Simply Solaris Phase 1 is low 2-C and Phase 2 is 2-C, I'm not that dense to only rate Solaris low 2-C. It may be an incoherent explanation but it's good enough and supports the anchored statement.

Dark649 can address the 5-A tiers and immeasurable speed.

Dude, there is nothing Low 2-C about merging two universes. That is a 2-C feat. What Eggman said about Egg Salamander creating one world means nothing regarding the merging of Sonic's and the Sol dimensions.

This is just getting silly at this point. Even if the light shells were limiting his power, still has 2-C durability and your scenario would also require the hedgehog trio somehow jumping from Low 2-C to 2-C during the fight, which is a baseless assumption.

The fact that it takes so long for two emerald sets to perform a feat at best baseline 2-C really baffles me. Nothing supports the light shells having a 2-C durability, it could literally just be nullifying his ability to transform, if it had 2-C durability he wouldn't need to transform. Also you're right the hedgehogs jumping tiers makes no sense, but they only attack his weakness so there's your explanation.

If Solaris was going to survive and still fuction by causing all of time to collapse, he would need to have 2-C durability period.

Also the core is not physically weaker than the rest of his body, they went for the core to stop his consciousness.

Magi Hussie said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't there also be countless of alternate dimensions existing (in which each being who created their own dream exists in their own alternate dimension) since countless dreams exist (this part I got from Illumina's AP description) as well (unless there is a confirmed finite number of alternate dimensions or something)?

If it's true, then Solaris shouldn't have no problem affecting the alternate dimensions instead of the dreams themselves (which he can't affect).
I'm gonna repost this one more time.

Only Illumina was stated to do so, but it's unknown if there are other beings like her in the possible alternate dimension [One for ex. is Camelot], even if so it would be bound to the alternative imaginary world rather than the alternative dimensions.

@Dark That explanation doesn't really disprove how Solaris can't affect all of those alternate dimensions though and said alternate dimensions are connected to Maginaryworld but not necessarily bounded to it.

@ShadowWarrior1999

Starting with Solaris, phase 1 was taking a while to consume one universe because the light shells stopped him from transforming. Solaris phase 2 is 2-C, it wouldn't make sense for the light shells to be stronger than phase 1 because phase 2 never needed any armor at all. Like I said before power nullification. Phase 2 is likely what Eggman was said to destroy the multiverse, there are only medals pictures and statues of phase 2, just something I wanted to mention. After Solaris transforms he has an exposed weakness that's exploitable and saying that is shouldn't be so far from his natural durability is dumb. Classic Sonic destroyed a visor and helped with the triple boost and he's not high 6-A. Sonic busted Dark Gaia's eye and he's not 5-A or even 4-A, according to your logic of course. You literally just pulled that out of your ass with no explanation.

Me, Magi, and Cal were explaining to you how the Sonic Rush feat works but you chose to ignore it and claimed to "debunk" our claims. I'm explaining to the very detail and you're just ignoring evidence by saying two universes. They are only being destroyed because Tails said eventually everything will disappear. Two emerald sets are destroying the universe and so far we only knew at the time there was a tear in Sonic's world. At the end of the game Sonic and Blaze are only being pulled to their dimensions. Where do you see two space time continuum's separating? Not only that but since you keep on saying that the universes are going back to their place at the same time, are you implying that the universes are physically overpowering Sonic and Blaze? If that's the case Sonic being forcefully pulled back by a universe and the fact the two sets of emeralds take SO LONG just to perform a 2-C process at best contradicts scaling to anyone higher than that. Especially since he faced characters that are 2-C possibility 2-B (based on Magi's most recent post). You Shadow, explain how it's possible to scale to scale to characters who are bare minimum 7.5 times baseline 2-C when you struggle with a universe pulling you and taking such an extended period of time to perform a 2-C feat with help. And don't variable tiers as an argument, it's worse than using outliers.

And this time go into detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back