• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MYHERO said:
Woah woah woah
You think Base Sonic is like tier 4?
out┬Àli┬Àer

/╦êout╦îl─½ər/

nou

1. a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system.
"less accessible islands and outliers"

• a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.
"an outlier in Faulkner's body of work"

• GEOLOGY
a younger rock formation isolated among older rock

I mean......... outlier in definition is something that requires a set to be completely out of one's league + not consistent, and sonic has defeated chaos/gem amped foes, it's a consistent factor for him, he helped defeat metal sonic kai back in knuckles and the chaotix who could distort zones and other things, beat infinite who could make entire dimensions, like null space and sub-space, i still say tier 5 infinite is ridiculed downplay, he's proclaimed the strongest sonic villain on guides...... and sonic adapted to his abilities which negged omega (read the comic origin) and shadow and silver prior. I mean........ wot?

massive outlier? no. this is the guy who fights cosmic/planet level threats, sonic has been confirmed to have absorbed some chaos and ring energy hence his green eyes, which would explain alot, like beating perfect chaos in base form.

@Imagine Buddy, I'm saying this with no bad intent don't cross this line. You're walking in a mine field, go back pls.

The real cal howard said:
Emerl has as many tier 2 feats as Spider-Man.
Wait, Spidey has tier 2 feats...

Emerl has as many tier 2 feats as Indiana Jones.
whoa not saying he's tier 2, but tier 4.

i responded to that incorrectly, i'm writing that one off, i was mainly talking about dark gaia.

Most of the stuff you mention (the sonic kai thing, the green eyes because chaos energy) seem more headcanon or stuff from other continuty, not stuff that actually happened in game canon

UltimateFlare said:
Most of the stuff you mention (the sonic kai thing, the green eyes because chaos energy) seem more headcanon or stuff from other continuty, not stuff that actually happened in game cano
nah bro, https://info.sonicretro.org/images/f/f8/Chaotix_32X_US_manual.pdf page 24, the giant ring is the special zone, special zone = parallel universe according to sonic chaos

in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0BtvgZ-5oA metal sonic absorbs a giant ring and becomes metal sonic kai.

also @MYHERO is right, we should probs discuss this elsewhere.

Dark649 said:
I disagree with tier 4 base Sonic and Emerl, also i will soon close this thread and apply the changes i previosly said.
Indeed, this has been going on for damn near 2 months. It's time to end this.

@Dark I agree with that solution as well. @Zamasu I would of responded earlier if I didn't noticed @TheImagine derailing the thread by trying to upgrade Base Sonic with inconsistent feats.

Dark649 said:
I was thinking of at least 5-A to 2-C for the main three hedgehogs and Blaze, at least 5-A to Low 2-C for Classic Sonic at least 5-A to 4-A to a few char. and just at least 5-A for the other end-game bosses.
Yes!

Dark649 said:
I disagree with tier 4 base Sonic and Emerl, also i will soon close this thread and apply the changes i previosly said.
let's talk about it elsewhere along with magi.

also it's not inconsistent.

seriously, we need to stop commenting here before it extends further into a **** show than it already has.

(Record Scratch)

Really?

When was that? What year?

I'm not against it BTW (though I get why it isn't accepted), just surprised...

Adventure Sonic and Modern Sonic used to be seperated with Adventure being 5-B scaling from Chaos 6 and Modern Sonic being 5-A scaling from Perfect Chaos and Dark Gaia, but those are all outliers. Sonic needed Ice tools negating Chaos 6's durability in order to harm him, and for the 5-A characters, he had to play the brain virus or bee stinging the eye route in order to deal with them. So he doesn't really scale. Furthermore the strongest enemies Base Sonic actually went toe to toe with peak at High 6-A via feats.

UltimateFlare said:
Look, even if that stuff was actually considered true for Infinite...that would be considered PIS and Sonic wouldn't scale to it (I saw people in other sites going by that route already)
no, it wouldn't be pis but an outlier, sonic generations already had us showing sonic god smacking previous foes, another thing, perfect chaos supposed "weak spot" is never specified, it's just highlighted, nothing implies it's ever significant besides being a game mechanic for sonic's homing attack to be used on, and this is the perfect chaos from the past games too and adventure super sonic beat him in the exact same fashion, tier 4 is not out of sonic's league but however beating tier 2's is super sonic tier bar none and that's what infinite is tho, so is void as well.

modern sonic is the future of adventure sonic so unless it became a many worlds-like timeline like classic sonic than well.... yeah.......

The real cal howard said:
Almost everything there is unquantifiable hax. The rest is conjecture. Eggman can't make anything that's stronger than Solaris, let alone a thousand times stronger.
what you meant to say was *he shouldn't be able to

but the phantom ruby is on par with the chaos emeralds (which allowed mephiles to become solaris) and potentially in scaling with the master emerald here

he didn't make the amped infinite (post shadow fight), the phantom ruby did, and Dimensions/Timelines = full-blown universes in Sonic. That's confirmed (by lizuka, sonic rivals, forces, rush, rush part 2: fire cat boogaloo and generations), and the statement is actually in the scan where Egg Wizard's power is summarized.

even without sega's confirmation, infinite should at least be tier 4 lmfao, he created a void (aka null space and a few others apparently while testing his new powers against shadow), a black hole and a star mid-fight lol.

But...he didn't make Infinite. Infinite was a mercenary before Eggman gave him the Phantom Ruby.

>SEGA claims Infinite is Sonic's strongest opponent yet

>Forgets about the villains that have taken the combined efforts of SUPER SONIC & some others to takedown (Egg Salamander, Egg Wizard, Solaris, Dark Gaia, etc) while Infinite is taken down by Base Sonic & an OC.

While the Phantom Ruby is breaking the boundaries of dimensions, Infinite clearly couldn't harness this power. Matter of fact, The Phantom King was able to tap into enough power to harm Mania Super Sonic. Meanwhile, Infinite is having trouble against Base Modern Sonic. The whole "Character uses this power source that performs this badass feat so they should scale" doesn't work here as, unlike Infinite, Super Sonic & The Phantom King have actually shown to be able to tap into their power sources greatly. Meanwhile, Infinite has to recharge after summoning a small star.

Not everything Sega says is true; power scaling isn't really something they're focused on. So "Infinite being the strongest Sonic villain" is a obvious hyperbole; especially if the showcasings strongly contradict it.

Not sure about Final Gemerl either, but their referring to the Eclipse Cannon with the "Piercing the stars" statement. And I don't really see on screen demonstration to calc, but won't quite rule out the possibility of being a star buster.

Well, not really sure how stars get "Pierced" given you don't really pierce plasma, I always thought of it as a metaphor for making them go supernova. Then again, it could be a mistranslation due to Hoshi meaning star or planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back