• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also... Sonic Forces and Frontiers levels with Shadow? I guess the timeline is really getting a lot more complicated with that one

It reminds me that Post-SGW they already had gone Sonic Generations while doing Sonic Unleashed, so the excuse was that in Generations Sonic was going in places he would only go in the future. I guess they are going to do the same.

METAL OVERLORD?!

Also ehat an absolute LMFAO that we now have ANOTHER instance of the Base Cast keeping up with a Super-level opponent... In the same game💀 Two nickels!

Also... Sonic Forces and Frontiers levels with Shadow? I guess the timeline is really getting a lot more complicated with that one
Interesting that some Frontiers stuff is making it in... That Doom Blast attack reminded me of the Cross Slash

Last edited:
METAL OVERLORD?!

Also ehat an absolute LMFAO that we now have ANOTHER instance of the Base Cast keeping up with a Super-level opponent... In the samge game💀 Two nickels!
Maybe we should think about changing Super Sonic to increasing power over time rather than via emotions.
Interesting that some Frontiers stuff is making it in... That Doom Blast attack reminded me of the Cross Slash
Imagine if we get Shadow using Black Doom’s mind control or black comet gas as moves 🤔

While Sonic was fighting Perfect Chaos, Shadow was fighting Metal Overlord lol

DUDE, IS THIS MEANT TO BE A SIDE GAME TO SONIC GENERATIONS OR A FULL ON NEW ONE AT THIS POINT!? BECAUSE HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME!!!

All caps aside: I am desperately hoping that Sonic x Shadow Generations is successful enough to the point that SEGA greenlits a full fledged Shadow game that stands on its own.

Maybe we should think about changing Super Sonic to increasing power over time rather than via emotions.
Problem is that we already do know his power increases via emotions, even singular Chaos Emeralds function this way
Either Overlord downgrade or MASSIVE upscaling. I guess modern base cast being stronger than Adventure super forms is actually pretty valid, now. (That Sonic Channel feat of Modern Super Sonic destroying thousands of Perfect Chaos isn't so crazy)
We used to MOCK them... Now they're mocking US... It's Segover

Hasn’t upscaling adventure forms been a thing for awhile, super egg robot and all that.

I would be fine with an Overlord downgrade (ironic I suppose), but there’s also a statement that apparently Perfect Chaos fought Super Sonic using the “full power” of the Emeralds. Idk…

Hasn’t upscaling adventure forms been a thing for awhile, super egg robot and all that.

I would be fine with an Overlord downgrade (ironic I suppose), but there’s also a statement that apparently Perfect Chaos fought Super Sonic using the “full power” of the Emeralds. Idk…
6-D Base Sonic will be real.

DUDE, IS THIS MEANT TO BE A SIDE GAME TO SONIC GENERATIONS OR A FULL ON NEW ONE AT THIS POINT!? BECAUSE HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME!!!

All caps aside: I am desperately hoping that Sonic x Shadow Generations is successful enough to the point that SEGA greenlits a full fledged Shadow game that stands on its own.
Shadow getting a 2nd chance with a solo game before a Silver, Blaze or Knuckles solo game? I hate how much sense this makes tbh.

While Sonic was fighting Perfect Chaos, Shadow was fighting Metal Overlord lol

This looks so cool and epic, yet I can't help but feel sad that there was a long period time in the past where this stuff would be dismissed as "cringe edgy fanfic fuel" by vocal fake fans which many casuals would blindly agree with. I guess I should be happy that things are looking bright and more importantly stable for the Sonic franchise but I hope Sega don't re-use the "doomed future" plotline for the umpteenth if/when Silver gets a dedicated year instead they should focus on the worldbuilding of Silver's world like an older possibly jaded or mellowed out Shadow, Eggman Nega's schemes, actually developing/evolving Metal Sonic V3.0 into a real threat, etc.

We used to MOCK them... Now they're mocking US... It's Segover
Modern Base Shadow beating Adventure Super Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all at the same time.
b27ntjk2x9171.jpg

More support for the hypertimeline or whatever it is, when Time Eater can pull things from the future.
Not really, pulling things from the future is just how natural time travel works. It's not like you need more dimensions to do that than to travel to the past (After all, past, present and future are just things of perspective).

So is Shadow travelling through stages he's never been in yet?
yeah, which I think makes more sense than Sonic in Frontiers. At least here there's nothing about "he is traveling through his memories" or anything like that, he is just moving across places erased by the Time Eater, which of course would include places that he never went to... Because the Time Eater erased the timeline, it should be expected that this would make sense. And honestly, I'm happy they are doing this, more time travel games with remasters should be have added content from projects after the initial release, gives more importance to the fact it's a time travel story.

Okay but no one’s talking about the funniest part—If Eggman erases losses with the Time Eater, than means anything he has in the Future is possible/likely for him to have in the PRESENT, or bare minimum, KNOWLEDGE of it—Like, for example, this means Generations Eggman should be aware of what happened on the Starfall Islands and the Metal Virus.

EDIT: Which make his losses hilarious because he’s doing this whilst also knowing FOR CERTAIN he’s gonna lose.

Jeez by Forces Sonic can just breath a little hard and he one shots the entire Classic and Adventure era combined.

Also note that if we get 1 more boss and 2 more locations we literally double Generations number of levels and main bosses (Sonic and Shadow’s sets altogether, I mean). That’s if Shadow gets the standard two acts, though.

EDIT: I wonder if they’ll include a whole skill point list for Shadow and his own unique challenges, as that was a large bit of the original Generations’ natural replayability outside of trying to get better at the game and red star rings.

Back