• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
(Shadow routes)
Just gonna drop some here. Because why not, since the topic is here
Fullmetal Prince
Purification via Ruinification
The Last Soldier's Grim Fate
Birth of the Robot Emperor
Perfection Lost to Darkness
One to Succeed a God
The Dark Part of the Galaxy
A Flame Extinguished by Fate
The Spun Threads of Fate
The One Who Maria Entrusted
The Faint Light of Tomorrow

Just gonna drop some here. Because why not, since the topic is here
Fullmetal Prince
Purification via Ruinification
The Last Soldier's Grim Fate
Birth of the Robot Emperor
Perfection Lost to Darkness
One to Succeed a God
The Dark Part of the Galaxy
A Flame Extinguished by Fate
The Spun Threads of Fate
The One Who Maria Entrusted
The Faint Light of Tomorrow
Unironically I've always treated some of these (the route titles in general) as actual epithets of Shadow, since despite being a multi-decade old character (same with Sonic for some because they're just that cool) they don't have very many standout and unique titles (relative to their history). Of course, the ones they do have are iconic-Blue Blur, Knight of the Wind, the Ultimate Lifeform, etc. I just like it/think it's cool when a character has a bunch. Like Kratos.

Unironically I've always treated some of these (the route titles in general) as actual epithets of Shadow, since despite being a multi-decade old character (same with Sonic for some because they're just that cool) they don't have very many standout and unique titles (relative to their history).
Honestly, you bring up a valid point. Robot Emperor does have a ring to it, eh?
The Faint Light of Tomorrow should definitely be a Silver epithet...
As usual, Silver is robbed

This is only tangentially related to the topic, but I've also made custom ones for Ratchet (from Ratchet and Clank).

The Butcher of Bogon. The Dread Pirate. The Slayer of Solana. The Predator of Polaris. The Assassin of Artemis. The Eradicator of the Emperor.

One for each Galaxy he's been in and liberated/traveled around proved himself unstoppable in, (and I know the DreadZone is a SECTOR rather than a Galaxy, but that Sector is a large explored space so it's cooler if it's considered a Galaxy and he's given one for his unrelenting nature and accomplishments in the events of the third game and you can't stop me.)

This is only tangentially related to the topic, but I've also made custom ones for Ratchet (from Ratchet and Clank).

The Butcher of Bogon. The Dread Pirate. The Slayer of Solana. The Predator of Polaris. The Assassin of Artemis. The Eradicator of the Emperor.
Butcher of Bogon is actually canon which is dope.

man, have you guys heard about the bill cipher upgrades? I wonder what archie characters he could face-off agaisnt.

man, have you guys heard about the bill cipher upgrades? I wonder what archie characters he could face-off agaisnt.
Literally JUST checked them out. I immediately bought the new Gravity Falls book. More upgrades are on the way too. 1-A Bill being by far my least favorite.

To answer your question, he currently solos Archie in his 1-B key. If they both get the 1-A upgrades, it's another story.

So probably never lol
I wouldn't say that.

The Sonic Movies and the success of Frontiers (+ Final Horizon) has emboldened them. And in all likelihood, Shadow Generations seems like it will follow this path of giving Sonic Team a much-needed win.

Maybe we can get that Sonic RPG a few years down the line, if Sonic Team keeps improving from here.

I was never a big fan of RPGs, at all, but I would really love a Sonic RPG. Especially if it had the Chaotix in it
Man, sometimes I forget the Chaotix even exist.

I was never a big fan of RPGs, at all, but I would really love a Sonic RPG. Especially if it had the Chaotix in it
Man, sometimes I forget the Chaotix even exist.
Sega and inconsistently managing Sonic characters from underutilising them to just straight up retconning their lore and everything inbetween (partly due to fake fans screaming about Sonic's lame friends) is as iconic of a pair as Sonic and chilli-dogs. Call me cynical but I doubt that's not going to truly change in the foreseeable future (not until the rot is removed from both Sega and the "fandom").

I'll like to play as Blaze and/or Silver in a mainline title while I'm still relatively young but first they need to be treated as actual MCs again rather than fanservice cameos that play 2nd fiddle to Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Knuckles and Tails (Prime and to a lesser extent IDW are both gulity of this). I mean it's been how long? Yet we still know very little about Silver's future (when it's not in ruins) and Blaze quite literally has an universe to explore. So I'm not holding my breath but at least some fan projects actually treat the extended cast well instead of baiting fans for years with the potential (Silver being one of the most egregious examples of the "potential guy" in the Sonic franchise).

The Chaotix do deserve something major though, they've been around much longer than Shadow, Silver, Blaze, etc yet for several years they got reduced to mere support characters or their team gets split apart. Sad really since I think they were the first (or one of the first) non-mammalian mainstay characters giving them standout design's, I mean Espio is literally a ninja-detective that has chameleon abilities with a detailed yet pleasing appearance; such a character is cool AF yet he's not even in the top ten most popular Sonic characters, a shame really... Also good luck seeing Mighty and Ray as part of the Chaotix again rather than just filler characters.

Me and my passionate rants lol!

Last edited:
If this is the Year of Shadow (2024), then what would you guys consider respective Year of your favorite character? (Ex: 2033 is the Year of Metal. (40th Anniversary of Sonic CD).

I meant for new titles and events to be centered around him. So in Silver’s case, 2026 could be the Year of Silver, the 20th Anniversary of his debut.

I was biased against anything remotely close to 1-A but after I saw Brogee making a genuine, reasonable case for it in his blog using the standards of the site... I thought "Eh **** it why not"
He really did put in the time and effort to not only make that blog, but also address potential disqualifications. Really coming through here indeed.

(Ex: 2033 is the Year of Metal. (40th Anniversary of Sonic CD).
Holy ****. I'm starting to feel a bit old...

I'd say the Year of Silver being 2026 is actually the perfect example you used. Despite the ROUGH title of his debut, he's still beloved by many and managed to enamor much of the fandom en-masse. Not to mention the perfect encapsulation of his character within Dreams of an Absolution. And with what they're doing, I think Silver may get a comic for his 20th anniversary in a similar fashion to the Core Four's 30th Anniversary Celebrations.

Back