• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On the topic of Eggman, it kinda bothers me that his profile has the Egg Salamander and the Egg Wizard but not the Time Eater (correction, it’s listed in his P&A section and the list of mechs but not in any of his stats). Like the former two were piloted alongside Eggman’s Sol Dimension counterpart/descendant (depending on the game), whereas the latter was piloted alongside literally just Eggman’s past self. I feel it’s arguable on whether all three of them should be listed on his profile at all considering he doesn’t pilot any of them by himself, but if we are gonna list them then Time Eater should definitely be on there.

So... Did you all see this posted in the 1-A hub?

To those who have a stance, how do you feel about this? Me personally, I'm beginning to HATE dimensional tiering kek.

To preface, all the arguments and reasoning are from @Brogeefrong himself. All I did was help him with grammar and structure.

@Brogeefrong Would this apply to Archie Super Sonic and Ultra Sonic as well (mainly because Archie Super Sonic literally erased the Chaos Force and Chaos Force Deities from Existence thanks to supporting statements from Ian Flynn and what happened in Archie Sonic Issue 251).

@Brogeefrong Would this apply to Archie Super Sonic and Ultra Sonic as well (mainly because Archie Super Sonic literally erased the Chaos Force and Chaos Force Deities from Existence thanks to supporting statements from Ian Flynn and what happened in Archie Sonic Issue 251).
If you're talking about him getting Type 2 BDE no, if you're talking about him scaling to Low 1-A/1-A, yes along with any other character who is currently 1-C

If you're talking about him getting Type 2 BDE no, if you're talking about him scaling to Low 1-A/1-A, yes along with any other character who is currently 1-C
Alright. Although, I don't really see a difference here if we're talking about Super Sonic specifically. I understand that he scales to 1-A, but if he can just erase those with Type 2 BDE spiritually and conceptually, wouldn't that place him higher inherentely than them or at least, equal to them where he would get that?

Alright. Although, I don't really see a difference here if we're talking about Super Sonic specifically. I understand that he scales to 1-A, but if he can just erase those with Type 2 BDE spiritually and conceptually, wouldn't that place him higher inherentely than them or at least, equal to them where he would get that?
No, it doesnt work like that, he's just able interact with them via Chaos Energy empowering him

But Eggman also survives explosions that completely destroy his super form tier machines, he’s a pretty inconsistent character.
The only blatant example of that which I can think of is the Klepto Mobile, which I already have several issues with when it comes to scaling (I'll bring them up soon enough). Unlike it, the Super Egg Robot and Final Weapon could have had inner protection to shield Eggman from thier destruction.

The only blatant example of that which I can think of is the Klepto Mobile, which I already have several issues with when it comes to scaling (I'll bring them up soon enough). Unlike it, the Super Egg Robot and Final Weapon could have had inner protection to shield Eggman from thier destruction.
I was thinking about Egg Salamander and Time Eater but, yeah.

Was there a statement by one of the writers saying only male hedgehogs can go super or something?
It's something Ian Flynn often states during the Q&A. IIRC it originated from SEGA Forums or something like that, and then when people asked Ian (Even recently) he does confirm that. I think other English writers also state the same.

He does, however, disagree with that and notes that there are many times in which that seems to not be followed, like Sonic Heroes that both the script and in-game files confirm that Tails and Knuckles turned into their Super Forms.

He also states that the explanation is often that the times when they transform (Other than Sonic Heroes) is only in gameplay, and that isn't necessarily connected with lore. For other moments, the excuse is that since it's only something stated outside the main game, it's often considered not "really super forms" in regards to lore.

Those things happened across various tweets and bumblekasts, so not a singular place to find all, but looking at the Master Q&A should help.

Even if it was said, it probably is being ignored now considering that in Sonic Superstars Trip got her own Super form along with the other Superstars and in Sonic Mania, Ray and Mighty got them to

Nah, nothing on that is ever said

No link of the Iizuka's statement is ever given, i say it is just a rumout people give way too much credit
Old interviews happened during events that were either never live-streamed or the stream was lost, so all that is left are reports of the events, and some of them are erased, which makes some things only being a memory of a memory. However, as I said, Ian stated it many times and other English-speaking writers said the same on Twitter (Although trying to find those currently is nearly impossible due to Twitter's terrible search engine).

I did a quick look at the Master Q&A List and found some of them.

In fact, Ian said that Knuckles mentioning Super Knuckles in Frontiers was he being "being cleverly vague", something he would often do, but was just something he tried to push, and "If in the future we get Super Knuckles again, then he was making a reference to Classic, if not, he was just thinking of an imaginary scenario). According to Ian there were a few of these things he tried to do on IDW as well, trying to "get around the rules" and sometimes he got away with that, but later SEGA would come with notes saying "Don't try that again". Of course, he continued to try from time to time as he also disliked some of the rules.

Found tweets stating the same, I will try to look if I find another one, but yes, this is by no means a case of "fans made it up"

Last edited:
If low 1A archie does happen I can't wait to see the archie sonic vs marvel threads. Also the concept of sonic soloing DC feels wierd and probably will stay that way for me lol.
DC is downplayed as **** in here. I think everybody knows that, but here is not the place to discuss it.

If low 1A archie does happen I can't wait to see the archie sonic vs marvel threads. Also the concept of sonic soloing DC feels wierd and probably will stay that way for me lol.
Archie Sonic vs IG Thanos rematch😈
if 1-A gets accepted, i have plans on getting Archie to High 1-A lmaooooooo

If low 1A archie does happen I can't wait to see the archie sonic vs marvel threads.
Practically the ONLY redeeming quality of this BDE stuff. I WILL remake my Super Tails vs Galactus match, and it WILL be absolute 🔥
It's not even funny anymore
It's moments such as these where I can see why some of the ******** on Reddit complain about us wanking Sonic. Because if that shit does go through, we'll have no leg to stand on anymore

Last edited:
Because if that shit does go through, we'll have no leg to stand on anymore
tumblr_ncgwg5Y3fG1tajjsfo1_400.gifv

This is random, but Death Battle has announced Bowser VS Dr.Eggman.

Holy shit! **** yeah

Even setting aside scaling and stats, I still think Eggman should win this. Thanks to Sage and Neo Metal Sonic, he should have a far more organized strategy, and more means with which to use Bowser's own troops and powers against him. The Phantom Ruby and Hyper-Go-On are also really OP in the context of an army battle.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bowser wins, but Idk how they could juetify it without leaving out some crucial stuff for Eggman. I'd love to see Light Man Eggman fully animated!

Holy shit! **** yeah

Even setting aside scaling and stats, I still think Eggman should win this. Thanks to Sage and Neo Metal Sonic, he should have a far more organized strategy, and more means with which to use Bowser's own troops and powers against him. The Phantom Ruby and Hyper-Go-On are also really OP in the context of an army battle.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bowser wins, but Idk how they could juetify it without leaving out some crucial stuff for Eggman. I'd love to see Light Man Eggman fully animated!
if Bowser wins, i am going to be annoying on the comment section.

Holy shit! **** yeah

The small bits of choreography so far look amazing though.

Well I'm not gonna lie both those animations look absolutely amazing especially the shot of the egg fleet. And the best part is that I can't wait for them to put eggman at town level off the stalagmite feat from the ova again.

Back