• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GQ8x2_LXIAAretj
blaze_vs_starfire_matchup_artwork_by_pittheswordmaster_dh4ztte-fullview.jpg

Keeping up? Sonic beat the shit out of him, sending him cowering while taunting him about running away and in the next morning he couldn't even give a shit enough about him to look for him, as if it's not worth the effort.

Sonic clowned on Chaos 0.

And Knuckles right after beating Chaos 2, Eggman says it doesn't matter cause he still hasn't seen the true power of Chaos and Knuckles just tells him "yeah yeah that still doesn't faze me" which implies Chaos 2 was a such a disappointment that he doesn't think his full power is anything to write home about, then when it comes to Chaos 4 he says he will make him eat dirt which implies he was fully willing to face him on his own, which implies he still doesn't think Chaos is all that even after 4 emeralds.

Fair enough. Truth be told, my biggest concern with that power core CRT is that I see no evidence that the increase should be exponential for each one and it especially doesn't make sense when other characters and bosses without power cores are still comparable to characters who have 3. That seems to go against the rules on the multiplier page

Just like him keeping up with base Sonic at the beginning of the game? I don't think so.
he didn't? like, i don't remember anything that would imply that he did

Unless you can provide those statements that imply Chaos 0 and Chaos 2 were easy fights for Sonic and Knuckles
i don't need that, them being able to perfectly fight and harm the much superior Chaos 4 + noothing really ever implying Chaos 0 or 2 were anything particularly hard do that already, we 4 instances of chars keeping up with foes far stronger than Chaos 0 vs 1 Instance of Chaos 0 being portrayed as strong, it makes it clear which one is the outlier here

also, again, quick power growth is not a thing this series is weirded out to do

And Knuckles right after beating Chaos 2, Eggman says it doesn't matter cause he still hasn't seen the true power of Chaos and Knuckles just tells him "yeah yeah that still doesn't faze me" which implies Chaos 2 was a such a disappointment that he doesn't think his full power is anything to write home about, then when it comes to Chaos 4 he says "he will make him eat dirt" which implies he was fully willing to face him on his own, which implies he still doesn't think Chaos is all that even after 4 emeralds.
He didn't say it like that in the sub

Sonic Question Time:

Who do you currently feel is the most underutilized character within the franchise? If you really wanna dig into it, you can give separate answers for the Classic and Modern era.

Personally, I think Silver is right up there for the Modern Era. Bro has one of the most powerful yet equally diverse abilities in the franchise and just can't get more than 10 minutes of screentime per decade lololol.

Sonic Question Time:

Who do you currently feel is the most underutilized character within the franchise? If you really wanna dig into it, you can give separate answers for the Classic and Modern era.

Personally, I think Silver is right up there for the Modern Era. Bro has one of the most powerful yet equally diverse abilities in the franchise and just can't get more than 10 minutes of screentime per decade lololol.
Silver and Blaze, just make them have that spinoff game together, second best duo after Sonic and Tails

Sonic Question Time:

01867516cf6c6ff91650505b9ee13193d3225301.jpg

For me it would be these 2, they appear even less than Silver.

Both got potential powerwise, especially Gemerl. You would think we would see Omega more often with his personal agenda against Eggman, but nope. Hope he reappears in Shadow Generations🤞

Sonic Question Time:

I share Fireld's sentiment. I want to see more Gemerl.

Sonic Question Time:

Blaze (she literally has an entire dimension of unexplored potential yet like so many female Sonic characters in recent times she's just there for either ship bait or filling the quota then getting forgotten/reduced to NPC fodder) next question.

My bias aside, Mighty and Ray got done really dirty sure they got brought back in Maina+ but for nonsensical reasons they can't be in the "modern" era outside Easter eggs (also the whole idea of eras needs to be deleted ASAP) and leaves a massive plot hole why everyone has forgotten them in recent times (especially Sonic who is supposed to be almost as close to them as he is with Tails and Knuckles), it kinda feels like Mighty and Ray are morelike cameo/guest characters that appear in one off occasions than actual long established Sonic characters who predate most of the current cast.

Give it a few years and I won't be surprised to see poor Trip join them in the "BS timeline character purgatory" alongside Honey, Bomb, Heavy, etc.

Blaze (she literally has an entire dimension of unexplored potential yet like so many female Sonic characters in recent times she's just there for either ship bait or filling the quota then getting forgotten/reduced to NPC fodder)
Valid point.
My bias aside, Mighty and Ray got done really dirty sure they got brought back in Maina+ but for nonsensical reasons they can't be in the "modern" era outside Easter eggs (also the whole idea of eras needs to be deleted ASAP) and leaves a massive plot hole why everyone has forgotten them in recent times (especially Sonic who is supposed to be almost as close to them as he is with Tails and Knuckles), it kinda feels like Mighty and Ray are morelike cameo/guest characters that appear in one off occasions than actual long established Sonic characters who predate most of the current cast.
Honestly this is the vibe I get from Mighty and Ray, like they're throwaway characters. Even in events where they're present, such as the 30th Anniversary Special Comic, it's as if they're an afterthought.

Silver the Hedgehog, my boy needs more screen time because psychokinesis is really cool and his backstory of a broken future is also a pretty cool concept.

However, E-123 Omega and Gemerl the Gizoid are also severely underrated, underutilised and both are excluded from stuff for some reason. Every main Sonic character (even Jet the Hawk and Zavok) got into Sonic Rumble besides these two chaotic goobers.

Also I have a question,
Why was Big the Cat and E-123 Omega not invited to Sonic's birthday during Sonic Generations?

Not sure how much you guys care, but some people have started recieving their copies of The Lara-Su Chronicles. The first volume is literally just a reprint of Mobius: 25 Years Later but with one of the stories swapped for an original one, so there's that for a proper Sonic connection.

Tbh, Mighty and Ray could stop existing and I wouldn't care. Name 1 personality trait that they have.
You kinda proved the point of Shake's question, if characters can stop existing with next to no consequences then they're underutilized no?

Afaik Mighty is calm but has a very big temper that he tries to keep under control due to knowing how much damage his super strength can do, Ray is Ray I guess?

Yeah these characters are always gonna struggle when they're superficially just discount Knuckles and Tails.

Also I argue Metal Sonic is also underutilised, tho his case is being misused rather than underused. He went from being a cold hearted rival of Sonic to a jobber (usually to show off another villain) and although I should turn off my scaling brain and suspension of belief, looking at Metal's profile here it's kinda crazy he canonically takes so many Ls (even his "daddy" pretty much had Sonic dead to rights in Unleashed, Forces, Labyrinth, the IDW Zombot arc, etc that required external help and CiS to overcome).

Not sure how much you guys care, but some people have started recieving their copies of The Lara-Su Chronicles. The first volume is literally just a reprint of Mobius: 25 Years Later but with one of the stories swapped for an original one, so there's that for a proper Sonic connection.
Wait, did Ken Penders finally release The Lara-Su Chronicles to some people? Man if such a thing has actually occurred after years of teasing it, we'll eventually find Amelia Earhart after all these years.

Not really: Shadow outright rejected his invitation to Sonic's Birthday in Runners iirc. Rouge's most sociable member of Team Dark, so she would be more likely to come than the other 2. Silver's is a bit a hard get with being in the future(i'm suprised that Blaze made it there). Big, what Omega said earlier.

It's complete ass. One decade for naked traced over a human model Knuckles knock-off.

I'm not really into Blaze VS Starfire, personally. I feel its connections are really lacking, and I don't feel confident in how interesting their powers may be against one another.
Sailor Mars is neat, I feel.
Rivet from Ratchet & Clank is cool.
Red XIII works well, but, I feel Blaze wins that, and I'm more sincerely interested in Red XIII than I am 99% of Sonic characters combined so, dang. I don't want to see a character I care only a little for end the life of a character I really do care about.

Back