• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic Question Time:

Who do you currently feel is the most underutilized character within the franchise? If you really wanna dig into it, you can give separate answers for the Classic and Modern era.

Personally, I think Silver is right up there for the Modern Era. Bro has one of the most powerful yet equally diverse abilities in the franchise and just can't get more than 10 minutes of screentime per decade lololol.
You know, I think a perfect way to make use of under-utilized characters would be to make a Sonic Heroes 2 with teams such as:

Team Mania
Speed: Trip
Power: Mighty
Fly: Ray

Team Future
Speed: Blaze
Power: Gemerl
Fly: Silver
(Gemerl seems like an odd pick, but I can't think of another Power character that could fit with Silver and Blaze. Plus, he and Blaze share a friendship with Cream, so that's one thing they have in common)

Team IDW
Speed: Whisper
Power: Tangle
Fly: Jewel

Team Empire
Speed: Metal Sonic
Power: Eggman
Fly: Sage

So many possibillities

This has been in my mind for a bit.

Sonic Question Time: We all know IDW isn't exactly known for its riveting and engaging arcs (even if several do fit the bill). I'm sure we've all been exasperated at least once with the book, so I ask; What direction would you like to see the IDW Comics go in? (This can be in terms of the story, the overall tone, characters you'd lile to see become important, etc.)

Personally, I'd like the IDW Comics have an all-out-war sort of arc that bands together all the built up heroes and villains across the previous issues. The Scrapniks, Clean Sweep Inc. (ugh), Surge & Kit, etc. Something that ties everything together in a neat little bow before blasting the door open for more creative arcs down the line.

Sonic Question Time: We all know IDW isn't exactly known for its riveting and engaging arcs (even if several do fit the bill). I'm sure we've all been exasperated at least once with the book, so I ask; What direction would you like to see the IDW Comics go in? (This can be in terms of the story, the overall tone, characters you'd lile to see become important, etc.)

Personally, I'd like the IDW Comics have an all-out-war sort of arc that bands together all the built up heroes and villains across the previous issues. The Scrapniks, Clean Sweep Inc. (ugh), Surge & Kit, etc. Something that ties everything together in a neat little bow before blasting the door open for more creative arcs down the line.
Yeah i Will like that too

I want Sonic's ideology to be challenged and to really see what happens when other heroes like Blaze or Shadow for instance try to kill the vilains instead of constantly trying to redeem them. This would especially be interesting if it takes place post-Frontiers, where Eggman happens to finally be on his path towards humanity via his connection with Sage.

I had an idea that was basically this, but I got nervous that it would cause lore-related issues...

The characters to be accurately written.

I want Sonic's ideology to be challenged and to really see what happens when other heroes like Blaze or Shadow for instance try to kill the vilains instead of constantly trying to redeem them. This would especially be interesting if it takes place post-Frontiers, where Eggman happens to finally be on his path towards humanity via his connection with Sage.
Being challenged ideologically would be a great way to introduce more nuanced conflicts that would explore the depths of Sonic's character. I'm tired of Ian's claims that these characters are forever stagnant due to marketing, that's a complete farce.
The characters to be accurately written.
Big OOF
I had an idea that was basically this, but I got nervous that it would cause lore-related issues...
As if Sega cares about causing lore-related issues KEK

Sonic Question Time: We all know IDW isn't exactly known for its riveting and engaging arcs (even if several do fit the bill). I'm sure we've all been exasperated at least once with the book, so I ask; What direction would you like to see the IDW Comics go in? (This can be in terms of the story, the overall tone, characters you'd lile to see become important, etc.
I know this is going to sound very cliche, but to say something that kind of aligns with what Peptocoptr27 said: I'd like to see an original villain outside of Eggman that completely outmatches Sonic on a physical level and performs a series of actions which absolutely **** up Sonic on a mental, emotional, and philosophical level.

Basically, I want to see a villain rise up that's so unapologetically evil, vicious, cruel, and such a major threat to Sonic that it causes Sonic to have a reevaluation of his stance that anyone can be redeemed or given freedom regardless of their actions, making him realize that some don't deserve either. I rationalize the idea as being that if Eggman is Sonic's Joker or Lex Luthor, then I'd like to see someone act as his Bane or Darkseid.

Basically, I want to see a villain rise up that's so unapologetically evil, vicious, cruel, and such a major threat to Sonic that it causes Sonic to have a reevaluation of his stance that anyone can be redeemed or given freedom regardless of their actions, making him realize that some don't deserve either.
Infinite if Forces was good. Instead we got Peppy Friendship Cliché #271

Hard agree with this especially since Blaze actually vibes more with Knuckles (When they're actually allowed to interact) than Sonic while Shadow is the quintessential the ends justify the means type of guy while still being on the of side good.

It still kinda makes me feel a little disturbed when IDW blatantly vilifies some of Sonic's friends for not conforming to his worldview which in turn contradicts Sonic wanting others to be free to express themselves (meta wise) and I don't think I need to explain how much of a narrative pitfall protagonist centred morality is.

Also can we please not go from one extreme to another? There are several ways of dealing with villains outside just letting them go free or killing them.
Infinite if Forces was good. Instead we got Peppy Friendship Cliché #271
When your literal self-insert OC has a closer bond to Sonic than his own brother and friends he has had for years. Just like 99% of all Sonic OCs tbh.

Also can we please not go from one extreme to another? There are several ways of dealing with villains outside just letting them go free or killing them.
Sonic did intend to lock up Eggman forever for what he did in the metal virus arc, but honestly, his actions in that arc alone warrant multiple death penalties for Eggman, so I'd say it's too little too late lol

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound very cliche, but to say something that kind of aligns with what Peptocoptr27 said: I'd like to see an original villain outside of Eggman that completely outmatches Sonic on a physical level and performs a series of actions which absolutely **** up Sonic on a mental, emotional, and philosophical level.

Basically, I want to see a villain rise up that's so unapologetically evil, vicious, cruel, and such a major threat to Sonic that it causes Sonic to have a reevaluation of his stance that anyone can be redeemed or given freedom regardless of their actions, making him realize that some don't deserve either. I rationalize the idea as being that if Eggman is Sonic's Joker or Lex Luthor, then I'd like to see someone act as his Bane or Darkseid.
I'm going to be Frankly with you, you might not see this villain EVER. Done by SEGA, they are too traumatize by their 2010's selfs and whatever the ken penders stuff ever did to them was, like the closest thing we got to having Sonic getting ****** UP, was with surge.

So basically...

I mean, I want it to be good this time. And unlike Mephilies, I want this villain to actually interact with Sonic throughout the story instead of at the tail end.

I'm going to be Frankly with you, you might not see this villain EVER. Done by SEGA, they are too traumatize by their 2010's selfs and whatever the ken penders stuff ever did to them was, like the closest thing we got to having Sonic getting ****** UP, was with surge.
And that's what truly frustrates me: SEGA learning the wrong lessons from the 2010's. Instead of really looking into it and understanding what worked and what either needed improvement or getting rid of something, they're just too scared to do it again and thus they've effectively neutered themselves. I can understand that time period sucked for SEGA, but just not trying again when there's so much potential is what really rubs people the wrong way.

I mean, I want it to be good this time. And unlike Mephilies, I want this villain to actually interact with Sonic throughout the story instead of at the tail end.

And that's what truly frustrates me: SEGA learning the wrong lessons from the 2010's. Instead of really looking into it and understanding what worked and what either needed improvement or getting rid of something, they're just too scared to do it again and thus they've effectively neutered themselves. I can understand that time period sucked for SEGA, but just not trying again when there's so much potential is what really rubs people the wrong way.

although I also feel that the fandom does not help, because the fandom is HATING EVERYTHING

It still kinda makes me feel a little disturbed when IDW blatantly vilifies some of Sonic's friends for not conforming to his worldview which in turn contradicts Sonic wanting others to be free to express themselves (meta wise) and I don't think I need to explain how much of a narrative pitfall protagonist centred morality is.
huh? when did this happened? the entire metal virus arc is literally Sonic's mistake, after Metal Virus he just stopped trying to redeem anyone, he only talks to Surge because she straight up asks him

and such a major threat to Sonic that it causes Sonic to have a reevaluation of his stance that anyone can be redeemed or given freedom regardless of their actions, making him realize that some don't deserve either
This isn't necessary because Canon!Sonic doesn't care about redeeming people or any of that... 😞

Why does Modern Amy have Super/Hyper render on the profile? Shouldn't it be basically getting treated like how Modern Sonic had his Hyper Sonic part removed and only leaving it to the classic counterpart?

Why does Modern Amy have Super/Hyper render on the profile? Shouldn't it be basically getting treated like how Modern Sonic had his Hyper Sonic part removed and only leaving it to the classic counterpart?
Same goes for Tails and Knuckles. We already went over how this is misleading, but no one wants to remove it

looks cool tho :)

if you can find good classic renders for them, i can do it in a few days
well crap... basically none. On a sidenote, wouldn't it be more accurate if Modern Tails and Knuckles got their super form renders replaced by the ones from Sonic Heroes? or would that be a really despicable idea?

Sonic Question Time: We're all partial to some of the flavorful characters in the franchise, so... Which cast member do you love as a fictional character, but would hate to know as an irl personality? (Villains are excluded from this question for obvious reasons)

I'd probably pick Tangle. While I've actually grown fond of her, she has that vibe where half the time I'd probably hate to be around somebody like her.

Sonic Question Time: We're all partial to some of the flavorful characters in the franchise, so... Which cast member do you love as a fictional character, but would hate to know as an irl personality? (Villains are excluded from this question for obvious reasons)

I'd probably pick Tangle. While I've actually grown fond of her, she has that vibe where half the time I'd probably hate to be around somebody like her.
Al and Cal count?

Shake exposing himself as an introvert confirmed?

E-123 Omega easily. The dead-pan, almost emotionless straight to the point lines are excellent comedy without being corny nor forced such as roasting both his allies or enemies when they fail ("that's a load off my mind", "beaten by fruit how weak they must be" and most of his lines in Sonic Chronicles) but he is still a killing machine that'll constantly remind me that I'm a "bag of flesh" or "meat sack" plus there's a very good chance I might get hit by a stray bullet or missile so...

Need some more opinions here

Silver immediate trust with 1 word says what?
H didn't do anything there, Silver came around on his own and he was like "cool"

Sonic is ok with people changing their ways despite all the trouble they caused him, but he won't put the effort to change them, that's done by other characters or they come to that conclusion themselves.

Back