• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering this happens at the same time as Generations, Shadow keeping that for use at any time would kinda make plot holes in Prime.
I mean does that really matter? Prime existing in the mainline "canon" is the bigger plot hole and funny enough it'll be quite inconsequential if Sega does decanonizes it.

I'd personally be alright if they decided to decanonize Prime. Considering the fact that I couldn't get past the first episode of season one, on top of some of the clips I've seen on YouTube, then I wouldn't feel sad or emotional over it being considered non canon.

Especially because of what they did to Sonic's character, I hated that.

What's so bad about Prime?
Sonic is an actual dumbass who is incredicbly incompetant and reckless. He acts as if he'd never seen a robot copy of himself before. The other characters are just stale and boring for the most part, except for Shadow and Nine. The whole show feels more like action figures clashing together than an actual story with a point

Don't tell that to Flynn haters, that's their main fuel source.
Tbh Sega aren't exactly shy about using scapegoats and I feel like the Sonic lore team are the new scapegoats for fan ire since their concerns (including Ian's) with the lore inconsistencies in both Prime and Superstars were completely ignored months before they released (E.g: Trip getting a unique super form while Knuckles, Amy and Tails get squat. Several legacy characters and their bonds being forgotten in Prime).

Sonic is an actual dumbass who is incredicbly incompetant and reckless. He acts as if he'd never seen a robot copy of himself before. The other characters are just stale and boring for the most part, except for Shadow and Nine. The whole show feels more like action figures clashing together than an actual story with a point
Tbf Prime was also (at least partly) made to sell toy sets and merch so...

White Space, in Shadow's campaign, is now a 3D Hub Space.
thereISNOchaoscontrolHERE.png

So, that green power must be either some kinda time-dilation thing or a movement technique instead of an attack like I was thinking. And apparently there's gonna be a new hub world inspired by Open Zone gameplay, so it's crazy to think those ideas are being implemented already. (Edit: Thank you for the ninja, Mania)

Also, was it just me or does Shadow have a new VA? Cuz if it's still the one from the Twitter Takeovers, I'm... kinda digging the voice direction for his Black Arms form.

Hopefully Shadow's playable in the Modern Sonic stages and vice versa, it would be a bummer if both were limited to their exclusive campaigns
Maybe as post-game content?

Though I will say not to get your hopes up too high. If the Shadow Levels are really tailored to his Doom Power and the flight that comes with it, then chances are Sonic won't be playable in them. Vice versa for Shadow breaking Sonic's levels.

I keep thinking of Shadow fighting, like, Cloud Final Fantasy, and using his wings to pierce through his target and pin them against a surface with a wing through their chest. It sounds extremely cool, to me.

ss10_1920.jpg

I'm very curious what this is. I thought it was regular Chaos Spear, but...
we already know that Chaos Spear seems to look like this. So, this seems to be a Doom power.
SONICXSHADOWGENERATIONS3.thumb.jpeg.99f53c6fd45ae758576b1a22c330d681.jpeg

paralysis.png

Shadow also has, perhaps, a new Chaos ability? He has this yellow aura/outline thing, and these enemies are stunned the moment we see them. I know he could stun enemies in 06, but with all three stunned at once, perhaps, and with his remaining glow, I'm curious of what this could be, since Chaos Spear seems to be an attack-type move in this game.

Here is some Shadow gameplay, at 3:46.

GOD, THIS GAME LOOKS REALLY ******* GOOD.

One of the issues that I have about Generations that Shadow seems to be fixing is that the Modern stages had 2-D sections in them despite Classic Sonic being a thing, but it seems that Shadow's portion of the game will have a lot less 2-D sections which would be very nice

Back