• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This could be a result of me being a bit cruel but I kind of want to see a comic of a random joe in sonics universe going from disaster to disaster.

Imagine following some guy who's apartment got demolished by perfect chaos. Then he sets up a house somewhere else leaves to get groceries but while he's away the planet breaks apart and his house just so happens to be at the end of one of the fissures. He then gets possessed by dark gaia creatures freaks out for afew days until sonic repairs the planet and things return to normal. Our unlucky protagonist then gets another apartment and lives there until everyone notices a giant amusement park in the sky and freaks the hell out. After every eggman related incident thus far our protagonist moves to a small town hoping eggman wouldn't target it and things are great for awhile 😀.
Until the war breaks out and afew of the villagers who he had become friends with sign up to the resistance. Our protagonist dosent go because of a gut feeling which saved him because his pals had the misfortune of being in operation big wave which wasn't a big deal due to bad writing in that game despite 80% of the whole resistance getting mirked. Anyways this poor lad lad is a bit bummed out but at least he had the foresight to have a bunker built outside of town which he chilled out in for the coming months. Once all that's over he comes out of the bunker only to discover eggman is in their town. He considers demanding that eggman now mr tincker should be executed until he gets his watch repaired after damaging it in an unrelated incident and hears the amnesia story. He decides that eggman should live because he likes the town improvements being made and figures an amnesiac eggman could really liven things up after being stuck in a bunker for six months. Then tincker goes missing and later a giant eggman face ship pulls up and starts the zombot apocalypse.

Does Pre-SGW Archie have hypertime, too?

Again,you can easily upscale Prime Zone from "Another Time,Another Place",which Generations takes place in.

Does Pre-SGW Archie have hypertime, too?

Again,you can easily upscale Prime Zone from "Another Time,Another Place",which Generations takes place in.
pre-SGW stories are too different for us to be sure, hence the note in solaris' profile, also the Time Eater never occured in PGW afaik

also the Time Eater never occured in PGW afaik
After a quick Google search, it's mentioned in issue 250
RCO012.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ain't the most knowledgeable on Archie, so I'm not gonna comment much further on this. Most I can say is the Sonic wiki has Archie pages for post and preboot Time Eater, which is where I picked that up from.
Also, from what I can tell, there's only one "SGW" (which came after that issue), with the others just being "Genesis Waves", for whatever much that means.
Still can't help but read SGW as "Sega Genesis Wave" sometimes lol

pre-SGW stories are too different for us to be sure, hence the note in solaris' profile, also the Time Eater never occured in PGW afaik
"Another Time,Another Place" is an alternate zone where the Sega games take place,shot-for-shot. They were promotional material for the games themselves,there's no reason to assume they were different.

That means the Pre-SGW cosmology has hypertime as a whole.

"Another Time,Another Place" is an alternate zone where the Sega games take place,shot-for-shot.
do we see generations in said "other time, other place"? and how much "shot for shot" proof do we have?

They were promotional material for the games themselves,there's no reason to assume they were different.
do they show differences? can you show these? do we even know if they are in the same zone?

also one of the proof for hypertimeline was Sonic Prime which doesn't exist in Archie

do we see generations in said "other time, other place"? and how much "shot for shot" proof do we have?

do they show differences? can you show these? do we even know if they are in the same zone?

also one of the proof for hypertimeline was Sonic Prime which doesn't exist in Archie
Issue #230.

If the Pre-SGW emeralds are capable of creating a continuity that has has all the Sega games as canon,wouldn't all the stats,hax,resistance be accessible,anyway? These things are the tour de force in defying reality.

IDK,I have my own ideas of how things can be grandfathered in.

If the Pre-SGW emeralds are capable of creating a continuity that has has all the Sega games as canon,wouldn't all the stats,hax,resistance be accessible,anyway? These things are the tour de force in defying reality.

are the stories literal 1 to 1s? if not then no

If they’re just the Archie Comic versions of those characters and not actually stated to be the originals, then we can only use what they’ve visibly done and can’t cross scale from the original source material.

They're literally direct,blatant advertisements for the actual product,boxart & console platform included. Assuming that they unfold differently is grasping at straws.

Ian Flynn said the events of the games take place in a parrallel universe in Archie. We're given no reason to believe they're any different in terms of what happens in them.
i am asking about the "in another time, in another place" stories that appear, do they have differences? also this would imply that the Time Eater destroyed all of Archie's existence, Prime Reality included, but iirc, when the comic about the generations came about, the event didn't seem to affect the greater multiverse much if at all since at the same time the prime universe was seemingly fine

also, the game guides wouldn't be useful for this since the comics events can be similar to the same, but supplementary material exclusive to said games wouldn't carry over for obvious reasons
I've already answered this,"Another Time,Another Place" IS 1-to-1 Segasonic canon. Prime Zone would upscale from any & all alternate versions of themselves.
They're literally direct,blatant advertisements for the actual product,boxart & console platform included. Assuming that they unfold differently is grasping at straws.
i am asking if they did in the appearances we have of them, can you please just show them already?

Guys what happened I universe for the game continuity in the past year from where the game continuity is rn?

If anyone can answer two questions I have that'd be nice. Does anyone know where the scan for Null Space being endless comes from?

Also, is the prima guides good to use as evidence?

If anyone can answer two questions I have that'd be nice. Does anyone know where the scan for Null Space being endless comes from?
This:

Thank you, AMAZING.
There was also cut dialogue in Forces itself implying a similar thing, not usable but still neat.

As for Prima guides, I guess it’s weird because they’re generally written by a third party and I doubt every single piece of lore they write is double checked. But they are still officially licensed by the respective company so…guess it depends on if they’re contradictory or if you just choose to use them at all.

Back