• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seeing that just makes me wonder how Kishimoto will turn that even more anime-like in the Japanese version...

I will say though.
Frontiers is really going for an anime aesthetic in terms of tone and style.
Just seeing some of the shit that Sonic and these enemies/bosses can pull off can be mistaken as being Shonen Jump shit, which I'm all for because I like it when they give Sonic and his friends to really show off their skills

I just hope that the game doesn't end with Sonic losing all those abilities and ending in the same way it started... This is the one feat that I have with Ian doing the main scenario as he really seems to separate gameplay from story and calls any abilities only seen on gameplay as not valid for a story standpoint.

I want these abilities to be a new base for Sonic from now on and future games to expand on that (The skill tree does feel like just a "standard ability" when compared to other games).

None of those abilities are stuff that Sonic can't do normally or exclusive to Cyberspace shit that I'm aware off.

Anyways, aside from what this game did to Eggman I think it's fine...it's just what they did for him is so ******* bad

I guess that is to be expected as according to Takashi Iizuka they want to merge all the continuities, once in the bumblekast there was a question in regards to this if we would see more crossover between the games and the comics and Ian said he couldn't comment on that, Kyle said "Maybe that is because they are already connected?" and once again Ian said he just couldn't comment. I do wonder if fans are going to accept that.

I guess that is to be expected as according to Takashi Iizuka they want to merge all the continuities, once in the bumblekast there was a question in regards to this if we would see more crossover between the games and the comics and Ian said he couldn't comment on that, Kyle said "Maybe that is because they are already connected?" and once again Ian said he just couldn't comment. I do wonder if fans are going to accept that.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing this.

The discrepancies in strength will be deemed as PIS, and we shall index the highest feats accordingly.

Honestly, I'll do whatever I can for a crumb of Starline in my life, so if they make IDW canon I'll be happy.

I assume both scripts hold weight, but as the English one was written first, does that mean that holds an edge of priority, so to speak?

I feel I distinctly remember Kishimoto saying he would take Ian's script and then translate it for the Japanese localization himself, so yes, that should be the case, I'm pretty sure. I can try to find the quote to be safe.

Here's a link to the interview. And, here are two screenshots somewhat discussing Ian's involvement in the story, and the final screenshot showing that his script came before the japanese version.
Screenshot_318.png

Screenshot_319.png

Screenshot_320.png

Tangle could be canon the same way Sticks is, ergo the character itself is canon but the actual story (Boom, IDW) isn't

The boss talks constantly in the battle and specifically mentions that the form you fight it in is only 1 of it's incarnations, honestly it makes a lot of interesting statements but it's hard to completely make out a lot of it since the constant sound effects drown them out a bit

@Dust_Collector Is it true that Super Sonic gets his own skill tree from normal Sonic or not? I heard that one awhile ago and I was curious to know if that was true in any capacity
From what I can tell he doesn't get his own skill tree he shares one with his normal form, it's just his attacks are massively juiced up (I think I saw a boss fight where someone opens the skill tree as Super Sonic and it just leads into normal Sonic)

Super Sonic uses a supercharged version of Sonic's moveset, but he also gets a ton of new stuff like Telekinesis, energy constructs (Can create fists, foots, clones, chains and even swords), gets stronger as the game progresses alongside Sonic (If Sonic gets stronger then Super Sonic does too), can obliterate the end even when she wills herself to not take anymore damage and can last for days fighting the Titans (in one video he fights Wyvern from night all the way to morning)

Super Sonic uses a supercharged version of Sonic's moveset, but he also gets a ton of new stuff like Telekinesis, energy constructs (Can create fists, foots, clones, chains and even swords), gets stronger as the game progresses alongside Sonic (If Sonic gets stronger then Super Sonic does too), can obliterate the end even when she wills herself to not take anymore damage and can last for days fighting the Titans (in one video he fights Wyvern from night all the way to morning)
I just want to see the CRT's that will arise from this

Multipliers?
Focused Homing Attack (which also affects the scaling severely from Lost World to Forces).
Team Blast (Which severely affects Omega because Chaos Inferno is done by him and him only).
Power Cores boosting the characters abilities (which scales to Shadow in his game since he's said to be stronger than ever before).
Any Super Attack that the characters does really, since many of them do extra damage than normal.
And probably other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment.

I will say that thinking "which script is the true one" isn't as simple as "the first one made". Scripts are adapted to their public and the context of their teams, the Japanese products are of course going to be based on and use keywords found on the Japanese version of Sonic Frontiers while English products will be based on the English version, and there a lot of Japanese exclusive material that is canon to the series (Like the Twitter artworks and the Sonic Channel short stories and profiles), so just excluding the Japanese version isn't the right thing IMO.

For me, both scripts need to be taken into consideration, it isn't really that hard to understand.

Tangle could be canon the same way Sticks is, ergo the character itself is canon but the actual story (Boom, IDW) isn't
Difference would be that Sticks was always a game character, she always had a profile on Sonic Channel and even appeared in short Japanese stories, it's just that there were always two Sticks. However, according to Takashi Iizuka the intent is to have all the three main products to share the same universe as stated on interviews, the games, Sonic Prime and IDW Sonic are all intented to take place in the same universe and be consistent with each other.

The basis is a shared universe, the idea of a multiverse is more because some fans just can't accept that the universe is the same. In regards to Sonic Prime, that show's main universe has already been confirmed to be Game Sonic's world, the other universes that appear there are exactly not it. Ian also said that now instead of various Sonics, the best way to understand it is just to call everything "Modern Sonic" and that it's shared between those works, although even he isn't so sure about everything since it's too new.

I will say that thinking "which script is the true one" isn't as simple as "the first one made". Scripts are adapted to their public and the context of their teams, the Japanese products are of course going to be based on and use keywords found on the Japanese version of Sonic Frontiers while English products will be based on the English version, and there a lot of Japanese exclusive material that is canon to the series (Like the Twitter artworks and the Sonic Channel short stories and profiles), so just excluding the Japanese version isn't the right thing IMO.

For me, both scripts need to be taken into consideration, it isn't really that hard to understand.

Difference would be that Sticks was always a game character, she always had a profile on Sonic Channel and even appeared in short Japanese stories, it's just that there were always two Sticks. However, according to Takashi Iizuka the intent is to have all the three main products to share the same universe as stated on interviews, the games, Sonic Prime and IDW Sonic are all intented to take place in the same universe and be consistent with each other.
I don't think so. While the promotional material for the Japanese audience is certainly canon, it doesn't justify the script whatsoever - these are two different things. Furthermore, the translator made it clear, it's an adaptation of the original story by Ian Flynn (even referred to as Original Story, a synonym for "canon" in japanese). In this case, yes, the original script should take preference always.

If, and that's a big if, products or promotional material come out referring to a particular piece of information in the Japanese script, that particular piece of info is made canon via the promotional material, not through the script.

@Executor_N0 that's fair, it's just kinda interesting that they're going for the shared universe thing since some versions of Sonic and co are quite different from each other which is why I assumed it would be a shared multiverse

The boss talks constantly in the battle and specifically mentions that the form you fight it in is only 1 of it's incarnations, honestly it makes a lot of interesting statements but it's hard to completely make out a lot of it since the constant sound effects drown them out a bit
So do Amy, Tails and Knux meaningful contribute to the plot as well as help out or are just there to be saved (plus lipservice) again?

Oh yes, I agree. I was just curious in regards to how people here would go about that.

Last edited:
Back