• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seems like Frontiers' switch rom just got leaked, we will most likely see even more spoilers than before.

Wait how does a rom get leaked if the game hasn't been released? Was it through hacking or something related?
Because the game already got "released", some game stores decided to sell the game early, and sometimes the game ships early from online stores as well. So there are already people with the Playstation and Switch physical copies, since it's very easy to emulate Switch the rom already got dumped and some websites are already sharing the rom. This is kind of standard for Switch games, Pokémon roms are already online at least a week before the official release.
Of course the game is bugged on emulators, they normally are updated to work better with each game after they are released, but I wouldn't be surprised to see more gameplays thanks to that (And as well people using the bugged emulator to complain about the game).

I'm really hoping the title is covered as well, but, here's a Frontiers spoiler. It doesn't seem to be late game at all, if that helps.

The original thumbnail was nice but also just sort of spoils it, and it wouldn't have been hidden well here. Title does as well, somewhat.

So with the revelation that the XCI rom got leaked online today, I decided to be a sniveling bastard and emulate the game for a bit to get my own demo before Tuesday. I didn't get terribly far because the 30 FPS and pop in gave me a severe headache but I can say this:
The game......is pretty fun, I can say with some level of confidence so some of y'all should be satisfied when it's properly released

So with the revelation that the XCI rom got leaked online today, I decided to be a sniveling bastard and emulate the game for a bit to get my own demo before Tuesday. I didn't get terribly far because the 30 FPS and pop in gave me a severe headache but I can say this:
The game......is pretty fun, I can say with some level of confidence so some of y'all should be satisfied when it's properly released
To be expexted honestly I didn't doubt it at all I can understand people's caution but it's pretty evident this was going to be something special

To be expexted honestly I didn't doubt it at all I can understand people's caution but it's pretty evident this was going to be something special
Indeed, though bare in mind this impression was done using emulation for a game which hasn't properly released.
I will say this though" the fact that the homing attack is back to being a different button from A was surprised me the most. Also Cyclops is the very first move that you learn in this game so it's intended to be a important mechanic

Indeed, though bare in mind this impression was done using emulation for a game which hasn't properly released.
I will say this though" the fact that the homing attack is back to being a different button from A was surprised me the most. Also Cyclops is the very first move that you learn in this game so it's intended to be a important mechanic
Yes, overtime the emulators are going to work better after a few updates (Couldn't even try to run Legends Arceus at release, but just finished the game without major problems). People that are playing it on the Switch are saying that the game is running well, there are of course the pop-ins and a few lags, but those are much rarer (At least so far). It seems the one major complaint that isn't going to change is the pop-ins.

Yes, overtime the emulators are going to work better after a few updates (Couldn't even try to run Legends Arceus at release, but just finished the game without major problems). People that are playing it on the Switch are saying that the game is running well, there are of course the pop-ins and a few lags, but those are much rarer (At least so far). It seems the one major complaint that isn't going to change is the pop-ins.
IDK why it's such a big deal, pop in is bound to occur in a lot of games for resource management so I don't think people should use that to complain about Frontiers IMO

IDK why it's such a big deal, pop in is bound to occur in a lot of games for resource management so I don't think people should use that to complain about Frontiers IMO
Facts the only time I've ever had complaints about pop in is literally playing a few VR titles where it's actually problematic when it happens

Pop ins seems to have turned into the most common complaint in regards to open world-like games, I remember the same in regards to the recent Pokémon games.

So someone whose played the game to completion brought up a bunch of story shit, the Starfall Islands (Or at least the ruins present in them) are related to the first people who inhabited Angel Island, the Kokos in their true form resemble Chaos 0 and came from another planet after it was destroyed, the Chaos Emerelds seem to come from the same planet and were drawn to earth due to the existence of the Master Emerald, Sticks is apparently 100% canon since Amy talks about her at one point, and the final boss continues the 31 year long tradition of final bosses in this series being kinda ass.

Pop ins seems to have turned into the most common complaint in regards to open world-like games, I remember the same in regards to the recent Pokémon games.
Well with big open worlds, isn't it expected? Especially on something like the Switch, which has outdated tech in comparison to the competition

So someone whose played the game to completion brought up a bunch of story shit, the Starfall Islands (Or at least the ruins present in them) are related to the first people who inhabited Angel Island, the Kokos in their true form resemble Chaos 0 and came from another planet after it was destroyed, the Chaos Emerelds seem to come from the same planet and were drawn to earth due to the existence of the Master Emerald, Sticks is apparently 100% canon since Amy talks about her at one point, and the final boss continues the 31 year long tradition of final bosses in this series being kinda ass.
Gonna save reading this for later

Is it super spoilery or like mild spoilers?

Holy shit

Big story spoilers don't read if you wanna play Frontiers

Yeah so Chaos is basically a descendant of a highly intelligent race that could create mechs capable of combating Super Sonic that fled to the planet when their planet got ******. Also the creators of cyberspace I believe which is definitely a universe-sized dimension at least.

Sage sacrifices herself and Super Sonic flies through the Moon.

Also, SonAmy gets moments and Tails being a coward in recent games I kinda addressed and they try to explain it away. Dodon Planet is mentioned as well as the Black Arms and the Babylonians. And Eggman recalls Maria and wonders if she was like Sage.

Big story spoilers don't read if you wanna play Frontiers

Yeah so Chaos is basically a descendant of a highly intelligent race that could create mechs capable of combating Super Sonic that fled to the planet when their planet got ******. Also the creators of cyberspace I believe which is definitely a universe-sized dimension at least.

Sage sacrifices herself and Super Sonic flies through the Moon.

Also, SonAmy gets moments and Tails being a coward in recent games I kinda addressed and they try to explain it away. Dodon Planet is mentioned as well as the Black Arms and the Babylonians. And Eggman recalls Maria and wonders if she was like Sage.
Honestly? I can totally buy the idea that Chaos is the descendant of an ancient alien species just from appearance alone.
Like yes some could argue that it's abnormal appearance was due to it's supposed godlike status, but I always thought that Chaos was some kind of alien like creature and that definitely appears to be the case

I mean, Chaos is like that because he is a mutated chao, a Chaos Chao more specifically...this honestly feels like a retcon.

Not a major spoiler or anything but Eggman considers it impressive that Sonic can run at mach 1, won't impact our ratings I doubt anyone is gonna try a big CRT to downgrade the series speed but it's kinda neat to see that difference writers of a series and power scalers have on these things since by our ratings Eggman shouldn't be overly impressed he's faster than light

Bruh all these spoiler blurs are hella tempting😭

Just how decisive is this story and it's impact is it like like that fr? And that's not rhetorical either since it's not spoilers to say how big the implications of story are someone give me a general scope is it it like really big or is there just some stuff that may have potential for later

Back