• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, for this there is sonic and knuckles 3 saying that there are infinite zones.
image.png
image.png
i don't see it

You mean the S&K on Sonic 1 thing? It's an hyperbole on just a gameplay bonus TBH (unless you want to claim that the Sonic cosmology is sustained by mathematics, lmao), there aren't even "infinite" stages per-say, although the number reaches the millions IIRC.

You mean the S&K on Sonic 1 thing? It's an hyperbole on just a gameplay bonus TBH (unless you want to claim that the Sonic cosmology is sustained by mathematics, lmao), there aren't even "infinite" stages per-say, although the number reaches the millions IIRC.

wow, then with that logic, the world of minecraft is not infinite, because in the game only a finite terrain is generated,then the world of terraria is a planet,because we don't see planets inside the world,and then the logic goes,you understand?
again,where is the hyperbole?saying hyperbole without explaining why is not a good idea.

Last edited:
Seems like they are nerfing teleportation and time travel in the last IDW issue. Silver for some reason now can't time travel at will (Even with material like Sonic Colors DS and Sonic Pict having Silver time traveling just because he wants to see something) and Blaze now can just travel between her and Sonic's world, so their dimensional travel seems to know to be limited to just these two worlds.

I don't feel there's anything solid enough from what's shown here for 2-A Sonic, personally. By this logic, shouldn't Infinite himself be infinite in every meaning of the word because his name is infinite?

wow, then with that logic, the world of minecraft is not infinite, because in the game only a finite terrain is generated,then the world of terraria is a planet,because we don't see planets inside the world,and then the logic goes,you understand?
again,where is the hyperbole?saying hyperbole without explaining why is not a good idea.
Minecraft is a different case as over there the line between "canon" and game mechanics is blurry.
And I think I've already said why, it's literally talking over the game mechanic over the amount of non-canon playable levels.

Seems like they are nerfing teleportation and time travel in the last IDW issue. Silver for some reason now can't time travel at will (Even with material like Sonic Colors DS and Sonic Pict having Silver time traveling just because he wants to see something) and Blaze now can just travel between her and Sonic's world, so their dimensional travel seems to know to be limited to just these two worlds.
or maybe blaze can travel between universes,and again,Ian flynn is putting his interpretation in alot of things,he can think in a different way that what is actually is.
like,seriosly,he says sonic is not light speed,but in another time he says that sonic can restore time with his speed...yeah,pretty random guy

Yeah, but that is something that has been put into the comic, not in a random Q&A. Not only that, but Ian said that he finally got clarification from Sonic Team about how that stuff works, so it seems like he's currently working using that as the basis.

But even in that case, the stuff he gets might contradict the games. Iizuka also said that Shadow could only use Chaos Control if he has a Chaos Emerald... so...

Yeah, but that is something that has been put into the comic, not in a random Q&A. Not only that, but Ian said that he finally got clarification from Sonic Team about how that stuff works, so it seems like he's currently working using that as the basis.

But even in that case, the stuff he gets might contradict the games. Iizuka also said that Shadow could only use Chaos Control if he has a Chaos Emerald... so...
alot of more things does not make sense,so all of that is what i say.

Game Sonic is indeed canon to Archie but not vice versa.
No it isn’t. It’s either they’re both connected to each other or neither are related to the other.

The Games has no evidence of being canon to Archie and vice versa, only certain events that happened in the games happened in the continuity of the Archie comics and even then there are notable differences in events (such as the characters present).

My opinion is that nothing in the games are applicable to Archie and vice versa until Ian Flynn himself states as such.

No it isn’t. It’s either they’re both connected to each other or neither are related to the other.

The Games has no evidence of being canon to Archie and vice versa, only certain events that happened in the games happened in the continuity of the Archie comics and even then there are notable differences in events (such as the characters present).

My opinion is that nothing in the games are applicable to Archie and vice versa until Ian Flynn himself states as such.
The "Another Time, Another Place/Zone" stories were tie-ins with the video games at the time, reason for why it was considered that at least a version of the Game's timeline existed in the Archie multiverse before the reboot.

TBH it's clear that not even Sega is too sure on how to treat Sonic canon, so it's a bit all over the place

The "Another Time, Another Place/Zone" stories were tie-ins with the video games at the time, reason for why it was considered that at least a version of the Game's timeline existed in the Archie multiverse before the reboot.
The problem with Another Time Another Place is that Ian Flynn confirmed it wasn't the game universe and that each issue can be considered its own thing. There are differences as well (although slight) like Eggman being afraid of Sonic in his werehog form early on and Sonic roaring at Eggman while in that state when he first transforms.

TBH it's clear that not even Sega is too sure on how to treat Sonic canon, so it's a bit all over the place
If I had to choose, I would say that Sonic is the video game series with the most lore and at the same time the most canon confusion that exists.
I mean, Mario has clear things, all the Marios (except paper Mario) are the same Mario, the time line is confusing but it has an "order".
but sonic beats mario in lore and by 1,000,000 years.

Platonic Concepts like Truth, Beauty, Goodness and Justice exists in Sonic

Concepts of Higher Dimensions exists in Sonic's world

Ian states Sonic restoring Time was his speed and not an ability

The concepts of Infinity and Omega exists in Sonic

Sonic, co. and etc dream of concepts, their ambitions, goals, desires and adventures

Ian Flynn states the End is an Endless and Eternal being
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-T1huUMDA&t=6515s

Ian states there's books on physics and theoretical physics in Sonic's world/multiverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-T1huUMDA&t=7005s

And yeah Model Realism is compatible with Sonic according to Ian Flynn
https://youtu.be/E1l_R7lk9oM

Model Realism is... David Lewis famously advocated for a position known as modal realism, which holds that possible worlds are real, concrete places which exist in the exact same sense that the actual world exists. On Lewis's account, the actual world is special only in that we live there.

Basically all Possibilities are actual worlds according to Modal Realism not just what could’ve been and sentences.

Platonic Concepts like Truth, Beauty, Goodness and Justice exists in Sonic

Concepts of Higher Dimensions exists in Sonic's world

Ian states Sonic restoring Time was his speed and not an ability

The concepts of Infinity and Omega exists in Sonic

Sonic, co. and etc dream of concepts, their ambitions, goals, desires and adventures

Ian Flynn states the End is an Endless and Eternal being
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-T1huUMDA&t=6515s

Ian states there's books on physics and theoretical physics in Sonic's world/multiverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-T1huUMDA&t=7005s

And yeah Model Realism is compatible with Sonic according to Ian Flynn
https://youtu.be/E1l_R7lk9oM

Model Realism is... David Lewis famously advocated for a position known as modal realism, which holds that possible worlds are real, concrete places which exist in the exact same sense that the actual world exists. On Lewis's account, the actual world is special only in that we live there.

Basically all Possibilities are actual worlds according to Modal Realism not just what could’ve been and sentences.

bro,again,this will only work maybe outside of this wiki(in other wikies will probably don't work)maybe in CSAP it will work,but again,this is VSBW,but again,VSBW is not the ''gold cheeck for profile''i mean,with the amount of rules and people ignoring things just because,well,they can,people often don't prefer to use or mention vsbw to much in general.

bro,again,this will only work maybe outside of this wiki(in other wikies will probably don't work)maybe in CSAP it will work,but again,this is VSBW,but again,VSBW is not the ''gold cheeck for profile''i mean,with the amount of rules and people ignoring things just because,well,they can,people often don't prefer to use or mention vsbw to much in general.
There shouldn’t really be an issue if it is stated. Is there a rule on author statements or anything like that?

It’s funny how we keep bringing up these Ian videos while at the same time Ian thinks Sonic would lose to kid Goku and such.

Or maybe he’s trolling idk
I believe he’s trolling (I mean I would hope he is), even then you can’t just disregard his statements just because of that.

There shouldn’t really be an issue if it is stated. Is there a rule on author statements or anything like that?
in this wiki,yes,there is,becuase,aparently,if it is not shown in a comic or stated in the source material,then...it is not valid(but again,considering the fact that friday night funkin and almost everything comes from the phantom arcade words,this rule,does not make much sense in reality)

...that's the problem,you will need to search for it,or at least,i assume they have this rule...then again,this is more valid that just ussing the words from someone who has no autority in a series(cof cof,koyama,cof cof)
So basically people are claiming there’s this rule and they’re not even sure it exists? That’s weird. Ian Flynn is a writer and on the lore manager team for Sonic The Hedgehog so it should be fine.

With possible worlds being stated to be actual by Ian Flynn this goes well with his statement about infinite possibilities existing in Sonic (that the fastest savior showed) which leads us to the conclusion that infinite worlds should exist in Sonic’s world. Sonic CD did have a manual implying possibilities are past and future worlds so this should be acceptable. Now the platonic concept stuff and other things? That’s up for debate.

So basically people are claiming there’s this rule and they’re not even sure it exists? That’s weird. Ian Flynn is a writer and on the lore manager team for Sonic The Hedgehog so it should be fine.

With possible worlds being stated to be actual by Ian Flynn this goes well with his statement about infinite possibilities existing in Sonic (that the fastest savior showed) which leads us to the conclusion that infinite worlds should exist in Sonic’s world. Sonic CD did have a manual implying possibilities are past and future worlds so this should be acceptable. Now the platonic concept stuff and other things? That’s up for debate.
sorry,buy platonic concepts are just type 1 conceptual manipulation and they don't grant a tier(which i consider...dumb,not because of being conceptual manipulation,but just because,again,concepts are just beyond the forms that the concepts are,there is no ''NLF to the concept of higher dimensions,because is limited by cosmology''the concept of higher dimensions is simply beyond any higher dimensions until is proven the opposite,we cannot say that those concepts are bound by the number of things that exist,because,again,it needs to show the opposite,concepts are concepts,until they are not,not backwards)

Yeah I don't really get this. Plus other higher ups above Ian actually agree with his assertions and statements.

sorry,buy platonic concepts are just type 1 conceptual manipulation and they don't grant a tier(which i consider...dumb,not because of being conceptual manipulation,but just because,again,concepts are just beyond the forms that the concepts are,there is no ''NLF to the concept of higher dimensions,because is limited by cosmology''the concept of higher dimensions is simply beyond any higher dimensions until is proven the opposite,we cannot say that those concepts are bound by the number of things that exist,because,again,it needs to show the opposite,concepts are concepts,until they are not,not backwards)
I’m not a concept expert so I don’t know but it should grant type 1 conceptual manipulation to those who can use the chaos emeralds at the very least.

I know for sure that if the concepts of higher dimensions exists then that should give the Sonic world High 1-B to Low 1-A cosmology scaling at least.

Back