• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know honestly, I always have believed that like Super Saiyans when base Sonic gets stronger then so does his Super form in return.
Though IDK if the gap did decrease in Frontiers since Kishimoto said in the same article I linked that normal Sonic can't even scratch the bosses/Titans and can only beat them as Super Sonic. So I'm sure that even in this game, Super Sonic is still way stronger

Super is indeed way stronger and why would it be a problem if Base Sonic himself commented on the gap and knowing he'd need Super Sonic for the titans that doesn't automatically bridge the gap as being closer as Sonic after several dozens of adventures should have a decent grasp on his on strength and growth and should be the best source for this kinda thing without it being weird or making the gap seemingly smaller

So, talking about cosmology

A few days ago the Japanese lore master talked about how he isn't very fond of really multiverse stories and how much they might complicate stuff, the reason why it's basically just Sonic and Blaze's world from a multi-world point of view (Other than subspaces like Fang's dimension or the Special Zones).

In regards to Sonic Prime being "about the multiverse", he directly mentioned how "it's better to watch Sonic Prime and understand it".

So, going by the Netflix description of the series, the multiple dimensions of the "Shattherverse" are in fact just the prime universe divided into multiple dimensions, and not really different worlds like Blaze's world. Shadow also implies that by saying that Sonic's world has been destroyed and he was now in the empty space between those dimensions.

So, I know some people were expecting something about infinite worlds and a real multiverse to be explored, but that is not really the case. As explained by the producers, they only made 5 worlds and it seems that each world has a fragment of the Paradox Prism, so that is really all that we can expect. It's not really the multiverse, it's just a shattered universe into different worlds.

Shadow seems to have resisted due to using the Chaos Control and that somehow allowed it to bypass the explosion, I think that Sonic being in the center of the explosion allowed it so be immune to its effects.
Still the explosión happen and Sonic still recived the explosión

Ficción sin límites:aún así seguiremos con el Sonic multiversal,porque?porque sigue siguen habiendo líneas de tiempo en Sonic y claramente son líneas de tiempo,y porque sería demasiado brusco cambiar todo de la nada(i writed in spanish because the wiki is in spanish)

About Sonic Prime, there's one element that I think was constantly not good, Eggman. Eggman here feels like the joke character that people mostly think that Eggman always is without any cool factor that the character really has.

Considering that this year we had Super Jim Carry Eggman, Eggman getting serious and physical on IDW, and the sentimental Eggman in Sonic Frontiers, it's a bit sad that Sonic Prime ended up as the only product of the year with a subpar Eggman.

They could change it in the next episodes, but I don't think so.

The way I understood it from the series, I guess that what happened is that the prime universe became "fragmented" as light passed through a crystal and everything in the world got divided into different parts of themselves across the Shattherverse, maybe Eggman being very close to the explosion meant that he got divided into the same world as the different members of the Chaos Council, while everyone else got fragmented into different worlds.

About Sonic Prime, there's one element that I think was constantly not good, Eggman. Eggman here feels like the joke character that people mostly think that Eggman always is without any cool factor that the character really has.

Considering that this year we had Super Jim Carry Eggman, Eggman getting serious and physical on IDW, and the sentimental Eggman in Sonic Frontiers, it's a bit sad that Sonic Prime ended up as the only product of the year with a subpar Eggman.

They could change it in the next episodes, but I don't think so.

The way I understood it from the series, I guess that what happened is that the prime universe became "fragmented" as light passed through a crystal and everything in the world got divided into different parts of themselves across the Shattherverse, maybe Eggman being very close to the explosion meant that he got divided into the same world as the different members of the Chaos Council, while everyone else got fragmented into different worlds.
The chaos council is more like clones that Eggman himself.
Because Eggman Say:
One makes five and five makes one
Which Will imply that tecnically he clon himself

@Executor_N0 Eggman has always had a rough time in TV media doesn't he? I feel like these writers and a number of Sonic fans don't realize that Eggman can and has been a legitimate threat to Sonic and the world at large.
I know it's a very overused example, but I think games like Sonic Adventure 2 and Unleashed show that Eggman can be a bit goofy whilst still maintaining that devious presence to him which is unfortunately overshadowed by this idea that he should be some Saturday morning cartoon villain

@Executor_N0 Eggman has always had a rough time in TV media doesn't he? I feel like these writers and a number of Sonic fans don't realize that Eggman can and has been a legitimate threat to Sonic and the world at large.
I know it's a very overused example, but I think games like Sonic Adventure 2 and Unleashed show that Eggman can be a bit goofy whilst still maintaining that devious presence to him which is unfortunately overshadowed by this idea that he should be some Saturday morning cartoon villain
Sonic boom

Sonic boom
You know with Sonic Boom, I can forgive Eggman's personality there for two specific reasons:
1. The dialogue between him and literally everyone in the show was just more funny and better written, and
2. It was, at the time, seperate from the game continuity so I didn't feel like making a more goofy Eggman in a different setting was a bad thing. Though I guess it's now irrelevant due to the games and Boom being one continuity now, unless of course they change a number of things to help put Boom in with the game timeline

You know with Sonic Boom, I can forgive Eggman's personality there for two specific reasons:
1. The dialogue between him and literally everyone in the show was just more funny and better written, and
2. It was, at the time, seperate from the game continuity so I didn't feel like making a more goofy Eggman in a different setting was a bad thing. Though I guess it's now irrelevant due to the games and Boom being one continuity now, unless of course they change a number of things to help put Boom in with the game timeline
In boom there is like a multiverse,but is not the Main point of the show like prime

Wait, what?
Is Sonic boom canon?

Okay but what's that got to do with what I said about Boom Eggman?
Though speaking of Sonic Prime, how's the dialogue in the show to anyone who's watched it thus far? Is it similar to 2010's Sonic dialogue or is there more going on for it?

Wait, what?
Is Sonic boom canon?
Yeah, it's apparently the intention of Sonic at large to make Prime, the games, IDW and Boom all canon to each other to make it one universe. By the way I'll put this next part in spoiler tab in case you haven't played Frontiers:
Amy directly references Sticks at the end of the game, which is an indicator that they want to tie in Boom with everything else

Yeah, it's apparently the intention of Sonic at large to make Prime, the games, IDW and Boom all canon to each other to make it one universe. By the way I'll put this next part in spoiler tab in case you haven't played Frontiers:
Amy directly references Sticks at the end of the game, which is an indicator that they want to tie in Boom with everything else
I knew about Frontiers, but I thought it was something like "oh this character technically exists but it's not necessarily the same"

I don't think that Boom really is canon in any way, of all the characters Sticks was part of the main cast since the beginning, it just happens she mostly appeared on Boom, but Sticks was on the Sonic Channel website and also the short stories made in Japan.

However, it's true that like other projects the Sonic Team was particularly limiting on Sonic Boom in regards to lore and didn't allow BRB to "make anything they wanted" because it still needed to make sense in regards to the main game's world.

I don't think that Boom really is canon in any way, of all the characters Sticks was part of the main cast since the beginning, it just happens she mostly appeared on Boom, but Sticks was on the Sonic Channel website and also the short stories made in Japan.

However, it's true that like other projects the Sonic Team was particularly limiting on Sonic Boom in regards to lore and didn't allow BRB to "make anything they wanted" because it still needed to make sense in regards to the main game's world.
I think i Will remember that the reasons why things are límited now,is principally because of penders fault.
Thats what things like a the Archie multiverse cannot be similar in the same way

Honestly the Chaos Council is the weakest aspect of the show for me, instead of getting fleshed out like the Amy/Rogue/Knuckles variants they’re just walking tropes and stereotypes (though that’s probably due to the writer not really regarding Eggman as a serious villain).
Maybe if we got the different Eggman in different worlds it would allow for them to be more unique and fit the world, but having every Eggman-like character in a single world limits this stuff as they really can only appear when they are together and they all need to share time.

Maybe if we got the different Eggman in different worlds it would allow for them to be more unique and fit the world, but having every Eggman-like character in a single world limits this stuff as they really can only appear when they are together and they all need to share time.
Easy to describe them.
1.the baby is a baby that instant to punch.
2.the teen does not do a shit.
3.the derp one is like a hippie fusión with a samurai.
4.the old man is like the teen but more stupid.
5.eggman is eggman

Sonic Prime kinda feels like a prequel to Frontiers in a way considering how Sonic is characterized as I realized.

Sonic is written almost kinda like how he was from Colors to Lost World but this time, his reckless actions has even more of a consequence then what happened in Lost World and learning to not take the moments with his pals for granted. Leading to Frontiers where Sonic is more matured and more determined to save his friends.

I'll look forward seeing more eps with this.

So, talking about cosmology

A few days ago the Japanese lore master talked about how he isn't very fond of really multiverse stories and how much they might complicate stuff, the reason why it's basically just Sonic and Blaze's world from a multi-world point of view (Other than subspaces like Fang's dimension or the Special Zones).

In regards to Sonic Prime being "about the multiverse", he directly mentioned how "it's better to watch Sonic Prime and understand it".

So, going by the Netflix description of the series, the multiple dimensions of the "Shattherverse" are in fact just the prime universe divided into multiple dimensions, and not really different worlds like Blaze's world. Shadow also implies that by saying that Sonic's world has been destroyed and he was now in the empty space between those dimensions.

So, I know some people were expecting something about infinite worlds and a real multiverse to be explored, but that is not really the case. As explained by the producers, they only made 5 worlds and it seems that each world has a fragment of the Paradox Prism, so that is really all that we can expect. It's not really the multiverse, it's just a shattered universe into different worlds.
Sonic Prime does have a multiverse. It's just the main universe divided into several other universes by the Paradox Prism. Not that different from Maginary World where a entire multiverse is made from people's dreams

Back