• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I NEED TO PLAY SHADOW GENERATIONS NOWWWWW GRAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I was watching a niche Twitch streamer play it and thats all the convincing I needed, it looks so fun and the music goes hard (not surprising for a Sonic game, but I love how much it fits Shadow's vibes). Too bad I currently do not have the game : (

I NEED TO PLAY SHADOW GENERATIONS NOWWWWW GRAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I was watching a niche Twitch streamer play it and thats all the convincing I needed, it looks so fun and the music goes hard (not surprising for a Sonic game, but I love how much it fits Shadow's vibes). Too bad I currently do not have the game : (
If you do, I hope it's nice!

Idk if I’m just stupid but I feel like I’m missing a notable chunk of Black Doom’s plan in Shadow Gens. Like I know his end goals were to take over the world after either mind controlling Shadow or taking over his body, but how was he actually planning on doing the world conquering? He would still be trapped in White Space, and there was currently no world to conquer anyway as it was all broken up within there too. Was he gonna try and destroy the Time Eater to revert it or something?

Idk if I’m just stupid but I feel like I’m missing a notable chunk of Black Doom’s plan in Shadow Gens. Like I know his end goals were to take over the world after either mind controlling Shadow or taking over his body, but how was he actually planning on doing the world conquering? He would still be trapped in White Space, and there was currently no world to conquer anyway as it was all broken up within there too. Was he gonna try and destroy the Time Eater to revert it or something?
That's what the warping of White Space was for.

That what-if scenario would be raw as as hell

So according to Gerald Crisis City & Mephiles being in White Space is the result of the damage done to the timeline stirring up echoes of past alterations. Would this change anything?

Doom Powers probably make him stronger, he believed it would be unfair to use them against Sonic.
On that topic, there's a scan from a book speaking of Shadow's power that I actually screenshotted, but for the life of me, I have no clue where it came from (I can provide the screenshot if anyone wants)

It was about the Shadow boss fight in Generations (vanilla Generations, that is) stating "Race your dark rival as Modern Sonic across the ARK, grabbing the power you need to overwhelm him."

To me, that does imply that Shadow was stronger than Sonic during Generations. There's also the fact that Omochao tells Sonic he needs to grab that power to gain an advantage, but what does everyone here think?

To me, that does imply that Shadow was stronger than Sonic during Generations. There's also the fact that Omochao tells Sonic he needs to grab that power to gain an advantage, but what does everyone here think?
I think it also works as a deadlock between the two, considering the statement that Omega says they were equal. Not sure though, I think it works well enough with Shadow Gens if so anyways lol

That's what the warping of White Space was for.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh… The “promised time” being the conquering of the world, which would happen when Shadow was complete, which caused the Doom Zone…

Yeah so I was just being dense, good to know.

That what-if scenario would be raw as as hell
“Please Doom, I NEED this! My boss fight’s kinda trash… ”

“Please Doom, I NEED this! My boss fight’s kinda trash… ”
Shadow: Doom, I’m watching your stream right now why you trying not to laugh? That’s disrespectful

I think it also works as a deadlock between the two, considering the statement that Omega says they were equal. Not sure though, I think it works well enough with Shadow Gens if so anyways lol
Ahhh yeah, that’s true. The deadlock thing does actually make a lot of sense

On that topic, there's a scan from a book speaking of Shadow's power that I actually screenshotted, but for the life of me, I have no clue where it came from (I can provide the screenshot if anyone wants)
It was about the Shadow boss fight in Generations (vanilla Generations, that is) stating "Race your dark rival as Modern Sonic across the ARK, grabbing the power you need to overwhelm him."
It's from the Encyclospeedia. Omochao says sth simular too in-game.

Gerald states Shadow would blow up if he tooks his rings off in Doom Form lol.
I mean it would be quite the chaos/doom "blast" right?
So according to Gerald Crisis City & Mephiles being in White Space is the result of the damage done to the timeline stirring up echoes of past alterations. Would this change anything?
Not really tbh due to ENG and JP being equally canon.

You ever finish a game/movie/show that’s so peak that you can’t stop thinking about it? Yeah that’s me rn with Shadow Gens.

Anyways here’s a little ranking I attmepted to make of important players across Gens and Forces since I’m bored (not counting late Shadow Gens stuff as I don’t know how to fit them in):
  1. 1.
    • Time Eater
  2. 2.
    • Modern Super Sonic
  3. 3.
    • Classic Super Sonic
  4. 4.
    • Mega Death Egg Robot
  5. 5.
    • Infinite
  6. 6.
    • Modern Sonic (Post-Timeskip)
    • The Rookie
    • Classic Sonic (Late Forces)
    • Phantom Metal Sonic
  7. 7.
    • Modern Sonic (Pre-Timeskip)
    • Doom Shadow (Post-Doom Morph)
    • Shadow the Hedgehog (Post-Timeskip)
    • Silver the Hedgehog
    • Egg Dragoon
    • Phantom Zavok
  8. 8.
    • Classic Sonic (Gens/Early Forces)
    • Egg Dragoon Mk. II
    • Doom Shadow (Pre-Doom Morph)
    • Black Doom (Pre-Doom Morph)
    • Metal Overlord
  9. 9.
    • Shadow (Pre-Timeskip)
    • Black Doom (Pre-White Space)
    • Rouge the Bat
    • E-123 Omega
    • Phantom Shadow
    • Phantom Chaos
  10. 10.
    • Perfect Chaos
    • Mephiles the Dark
  11. 11.
    • The Biolizard
  12. 12.
    • Classic Metal Sonic
    • Death Egg Robot

Last edited:
Was this stated somewhere also where can I access the JP script?
Pretty sure the JP script is unchanged from the original Generations (unlike the rewrites in the Eng script).
Ian Flynn wrote the Shadow Generations storyline too, right?
Yeah under Sega "supervision" ofc with likely some oversight from the rest of the lore team (that Ian is a part of).
Gotta love Metal Overlord being retconned into a mid-tier :)
Suddenly Tails and Knux not getting proper super forms in that bossfight seems less egregious.

In that boss fight, Shadow gathers that energy and power to use against you in (vanilla) Generations as well, which implies that they’re equal regardless, or that Sonic was somehow getting a bigger amp than Shadow was if you want to say Shadow is just in fact stronger.

Its funny how Base Sonic took out Chaos at the same time Base Shadow took out Metal Overlord. They truly are rivals
Even funnier how the seemingly weaker hedgehog took out the stronger being, implying the Perfect Chaos fight canonically was a complete joke to Sonic.

They really just took all the super form bosses from that era and left Silver with sloppy seconds for his outing
Base Silver vs Egg Wizard in 2029 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

They really just took all the super form bosses from that era and left Silver with sloppy seconds for his outing
IDW Era Silver ends up being the factor that prevents the Zombot Virus from successfully taking over everyone, so he's still got the sauce

Base Silver vs Egg Wizard in 2029 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️
Silver stealing from Blaze again? seems on brand to me.

Kinda funny SXS brought back a Forces stage but not an Infinite bossfight for Shadow, I have got wonder if bringing back the jackal was entertained but shot down by Sega or was he simply forgotten/not considered worth bringing back? I kinda want to know tbh.
Nah he'll 100% beat Solaris if they decide to continue the trend
With 4-C super forms and only tier 2 range/hax that don't scale to physicals returning? Yeah!?

Kinda funny SXS brought back a Forces stage but not an Infinite bossfight for Shadow, I have got wonder if bringing back the jackal was entertained but shot down by Sega or was he simply forgotten/not considered worth bringing back? I kinda want to know tbh.
Would’ve been nice if he was, but they probably just couldn’t find a space to fit him in.

Personally I’m more bothered by how there’s no real Shadow 05 rep. It has to share its rep with SA2, who already has Black Doom’s favourite level as another rep. Having a proper Shadow 05 rep would’ve also fixed there weirdly only being one stage before Mephiles.

An Infinite boss against the Phantom Ruby would've been so peak but such a headache for my blog
Just could’ve said Sonic is only equal to base Shadow and not Doom Shadow, problem solved

Last edited:
Realistically, I can understand them not wanting to bring in Infinite due to the timeline placement of the story of Shadow Generations and having it not make sense that Shadow knew who Infinite was in the past and didn't tell anyone about it afterwards. That would just create unnecessary plot holes.

Now you could argue back that it wouldn't make sense to have Sunset Heights and Chaos Island in the game if they didn't want to disrupt the timeline of events. But in fairness to that point, you could realistically say that Sunset Heights is a city in the Sonic universe that Shadow would know exists, and Chaos Island is fundamentally a location that is a part of a location Shadow knew nothing or had any relevancy to him so he likely wouldn't mention that to anyone.

Back