• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I also agree. What has me baffled is what Sonic Team created her for, as iirc we saw Purple Head before Frontiers even released. That's a long timtime to plan. If it does come from Gerald's archaeologist descendants. Also, wouldn't this make Dr. Eggman a cousin once removed? Funny
They're cooking something up with these breadcrumbs of lore,perhaps the deity that Sage mentioned has something to do with it,too. SA3 anyone?

I don't love the Amy/Knuckles approach that they took, really. He looks good from the front, but I worry about how his quills will stand in the air when moving.
Going the route of long, droopy Sonic quills would have worked better, personally.

Regardless of varying narrative quality of Flynn/Stanley era Sonic comics,at least they mostly have quality control for the art. There was some truly dogshit art in the late '90s-'00s sometimes.

Last edited:
Andrew Pepoy was even worse than Lim,& Art Mawhinny's style only worked on the early stuff,forcefully grafted onto modern designs it looks like ass. There was some standout stuff from J. Axer,Dawn Best,& James Fry though.

I do imagine the artists did not have good working conditions, in regards to how much time they were given. That's just me assuming, but, it would be in-line with this franchise, sadly.
It is fun seeing the different artstyles found throughout Archie.
Yeah,I suppose the fact that the mandates weren't as air tight then gave way to more freedom as far as art went,too. For better or worse.

I want to share a drawover someone made of the Terios skin, specifically with the quills, but, the Spoiler blur is not covering it well. Should I not share this until the game is out, in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled on parts of Terios's in-game appearance?

I want to share a drawover someone made of the Terios skin, specifically with the quills, but, the Spoiler blur is not covering it well. Should I not share this until the game is out, in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled on parts of Terios's in-game appearance?
Sega already revealed the Terios skin look earlier on Twitter. Go ahead.

Amy Chemical Plant dialogue brief talk: It has been something (/neg, i guess) to see some online talk about how a singular writer has been somehow underhanding an entire company into "removing" Amy's crush, just for her dialogue when saved by Classic Sonic to be something like "Wow Sonic, you're always cute, but did you somehow get even cuter?". It's obviously valid to have issues with things, but if you're going to accuse someone, at least be correct, I guess.

Amy Chemical Plant dialogue brief talk: It has been something (/neg, i guess) to see some online talk about how a singular writer has been somehow underhanding an entire company into "removing" Amy's crush, just for her dialogue when saved by Classic Sonic to be something like "Wow Sonic, you're always cute, but did you somehow get even cuter?". It's obviously valid to have issues with things, but if you're going to accuse someone, at least be correct, I guess.
that and Ian making them subtly flirt consistently in most things he wrote for the game continuity......but no, he wants to "erase" her character......yeah, huh uh

The Terios skin is super nice to see. I would change three things about it, if I could.
1. Different quills. Droopy long guy. The Amyish quills do look better in-game than I thought, but, not as good as what I imagined for something else really, to be honest.
2. Different shoes Or run animation. Terios doesn't have skates, but still uses Shadow's animations. There are some concept character and shoe designs for Terios that do have air shoes, so, I feel that could maybe work.
3. Different aura color. I already don't like Shadow's orange (I never have, unfortunately), but if we're wanting to do a different color for the Shadow character's aura than any of the colors on their palette, I think a deep purple would look good with this specific Terios design, instead of Shadow's orange.

Sonic Question Time: Shadow Generations is on the brink of release, setting the stage for titles beyond "Sonic" in the name. So, with that precedent, here is my question. What character OR group would you like to see get a dedicated title, and what style of gameplay would you like to see employed?

Personally, I think there's some merit in having a Chaotix title. I'd imagine it like this:
  • Act 1 focuses on reaching the Goal Ring with platforming akin to Sonic Heroes involving simple puzzle-based alternate routes and secrets (like extra skins or bonus content).
  • Act 2 would be a more combat-focused segment, with a boss at the end rather than having a boss at Act 3.
  • Act 3 would contain a point-and-click style segment ("Act 3: Crime Scene") where the Chaotix has to uncover clues. This includes a base set of mandatory clues, with a set of hidden clues that advances the story faster but also makes future levels more difficult. Uncover every clue in the game for a special final Act 1-2-3 that ends in a gag showing Espio go Super. Plot twist, his Super has NO design and makes him invisible

Last edited:
The Terios skin is super nice to see. I would change three things about it, if I could.
1. Different quills. Droopy long guy. The Amyish quills do look better in-game than I thought, but, not as good as what I imagined for something else really, to be honest.
2. Different shoes Or run animation. Terios doesn't have skates, but still uses Shadow's animations. There are some concept character and shoe designs for Terios that do have air shoes, so, I feel that could maybe work.
3. Different aura color. I already don't like Shadow's orange (I never have, unfortunately), but if we're wanting to do a different color for the Shadow character's aura than any of the colors on their palette, I think a deep purple would look good with this specific Terios design, instead of Shadow's orange.
Dunno why this is a spoiler since it’s just a skin. Anyway’s I too hate orange aura for shadow

Back