• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So now the franchise has over a dozen tier 2 feats/statements/lore now:

*Illumina creating Maginaryworld and the 4th dimension.

*Void destroying Maginaryworld overtime and affecting the 4th dimension.

*The Sol and Chaos emeralds causing two universes to merge.

*The Eggheads claiming the Egg Salamander would've survived the merging and consequential destruction of two universes.

*Solaris destroys the timeline by simply existing.

*Solaris is stated to eat dimensions for lunch and is a 4th/super dimensional being.

*Solaris is stated to be able destroy all of time, consuming all existing timelines in the past, present and future.

*Egg Wizard was going to harness the Power of the Stars to merge two universes using the Jeweled Scepter as a conduit.

*The Power of the Stars sustains both the Chaos and Sol dimensions (including their space-time).

*Upon absorbing the World Rings, Erazor Djinn transforms into Alf-Layla wa-Layla and destroys the Arabian Nights reality also he claims to have "become" the Arabian Nights and will remake the world and reality in his own image.

*Darkspine Sonic restores the Arabian Nights reality with a hand gesture.

*The Dark Queen reshapes the World of Camelot as well as its space-time and was going to merge it with the forces of the Underworld, essentially creating a perpetual reality devoid of death.

*Excalibur Sonic breaks the perpetual reality and restores the World of Camelot back to its original state.

*The Time Eater erases history leaving reality as an empty void.

*Time Eater is capable of affecting timelines that shouldn't exist (Stardust Speedway Bad Future), timelines that don't exist (Crisis City) and even other dimensions (Generations 3DS implies the Sol Dimension was affected with Water Palace Zone returning).

*The Phantom Ruby can create dimensions such as the Null Void which is stated to be endless and Egg Reverie Zone were time and space are warped.

*All the "possible" timelines/dimensions from Sonic CD, Shadow the Hedgehog and the Special/Bonus Stage(s).

It's still stunning that just a few years ago anything above 5-A/FTL was considered an "outlier" for the Sonic game franchise both here and on most other Vs communities.

I also remember that in a recent Bumblekast Ian Flynn even said "Riders is a spin-off, but that doesn't make it non-canon" when.. yes, that is exactly why people thought it was non-canon.

I also remember that in a recent Bumblekast Ian Flynn even said "Riders is a spin-off, but that doesn't make it non-canon" when.. yes, that is exactly why people thought it was non-canon.
I was one of those in the past ironically lol.
but then I just turned out to be fine with it's status.

To be fair, he does work at Sonic Team... the same place where the workers there consider Sonic 3 & Knuckles to take place at the same time and that Hyper Sonic does not exist which is COMPLETELY STUPID.

IMG_6819.jpg

I googled their user really quick to get some context. I am unsure if they deleted their channel, but from what I read, it didn't seem like they did it. They said their YouTube channel got "bonked" and seemed to hope they can get it back.
The person who translated the Japanese cutscenes of the Sonic games.

I swear, Sonic Unleashed aged like the finest of wines... the guys who sang the Phineas & Ferb theme song also sang Endless Possibility, it was the last big budget Sonic game EVER MADE, and it was full of the most memorable moments in Sonic the Hedgehog history. Sure, Black Knight was the true send off for the 4Kids cast Sonic game wise, but Unleashed was probably going to be the last Sonic game ever, so SEGA really wanted to go out strong if that was the case.

I swear, Sonic Unleashed aged like the finest of wines... the guys who sang the Phineas & Ferb theme song also sang Endless Possibility, it was the last big budget Sonic game EVER MADE, and it was full of the most memorable moments in Sonic the Hedgehog history. Sure, Black Knight was the true send off for the 4Kids cast Sonic game wise, but Unleashed was probably going to be the last Sonic game ever, so SEGA really wanted to go out strong if that was the case.
Wait there was a 4KIDS dub?

Unleashed needs a rerelease fr
It may be getting rereleased worth that new PS Plus service they announced, with hundreds of old games being ported.
Too bad it wasn’t appreciated at the time of it’s released or we wouldn’t be where we are now. Here’s hoping for Frontiers (when we finally learn something about it)

Probably already been asked but what do you guys think they'll do for the open world with Sonic's typical gameplay? A lot of people are struggling to comprehend how it'll work since most open worlds tend to be slower-paced.

Similarly, if they manage to pull it off really well do you think people could consider this game pretty novel for the simple fact that a fast-paced open world hasn't really been done before?

Chances are that instead of exploration the focus will be on puzzles and quests to compensate that the amount of time to travel from a point to another may be quite minimal compared to any other open world game (unless they make it really big, which is unlikely without turning most of the place quite one-dimensional).

Chances are that instead of exploration the focus will be on puzzles and quests to compensate that the amount of time to travel from a point to another may be quite minimal compared to any other open world game (unless they make it really big, which is unlikely without turning most of the place quite one-dimensional).
According to leaks (that’s all we have to go by since we get breadcrumbs from Sega), the map is reportedly arguably even bigger than BOTW’s map. Obviously we need to see it to know if that’s true, but if it is there will be plenty of space to run around lol. The challenge imo is making the puzzles and side quests interesting enough to not slow the pace of the game.
Probably already been asked but what do you guys think they'll do for the open world with Sonic's typical gameplay? A lot of people are struggling to comprehend how it'll work since most open worlds tend to be slower-paced.
See above, but it’s definitely not gonna be “typical” Sonic gameplay. This Sonic is gonna have a lot of combat.
Similarly, if they manage to pull it off really well do you think people could consider this game pretty novel for the simple fact that a fast-paced open world hasn't really been done before?
That’s what we’re all hoping for.

Back