• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
myself wouldn't oppose it but I feel like the comic is painting Tangle and Whisper as very close friends, bordering on being sisters, then being a couple. Plus I highly doubt that the IDW comic, which is tied to the games, would even humor the ideas of romantic relationships in Sonic when SEGA has avoided that shit like the plague since the days of 06.
it is because of the reaction of the fans about the sonic x elise,that specifically is what killed romance in the franchise

I myself wouldn't oppose it but I feel like the comic is painting Tangle and Whisper as very close friends, bordering on being sisters, then being a couple.
Idk about sisters, but very close friends I feel is a given.
Plus I highly doubt that the IDW comic, which is tied to the games, would even humor the ideas of romantic relationships in Sonic when SEGA has avoided that shit like the plague since the days of 06.
I would generally agree with this, but I think the anthro-to-anthro relationships would be a little less taboo.
Plus, on a side tangent, is it hard to believe that people of the same gender can be friends without romantic implications being theorized? It's just odd to assume there's something going on between Whisper and Tangle when they can just as easily be nothing more then close friends
Shipping will always be the monkey's paw of this fandom lol

still not understanding how anthro and human is that bad,i mean,both intelligent beings capable of reasoning?sounds fine to me
Because in the eyes of the masses: a human x anthro relationship is seen as being the equivalent of ********** which is obviously a big no no ethically, lawfully, and morally. I mean if it's two anthros that are in a relationship then it's fine, because they're both animals at the end of the day, but a human and an anthro tends to raise a lot of concerned and disgusted eyebrows.

Personally I'd rather not have romance get in the way of story telling in Sonic, and if it does need to happen then Sonic shouldn't be with a human

Am I allowed to say I want Starline to, like, run me over with a Honda or something, or is that too much for here
nagatoro-goku-black.gif

I'm not gonna argue about it,but it's well documented that anything Rings can do,the Emeralds can do far better. There should be tons of layers.

I'm not gonna argue about it,but it's well documented that anything Rings can do,the Emeralds can do far better. There should be tons of layers.
You're talking about Archie, I assume? If so then yeah, narratively it's hammered over your head.

I know Archie was brought up in the hax layer eval thread, but I'm more concerned with increasing the quality of the profiles after the 1-C revision.

How does Enhanced Type 1 AE work in a Vs battle, does it mean that those who've interacted with baseline AE can touch you?

Since Cyberspace affected causality according to the Japanese fub, shouldn't those with Cyber Power have Causality Manipulation?

I comepletely blame the lawsuit around archie as to why IDW is so.GODDAMM. BLAND. Sega being overprotectibe of their IPs because the wackinees and down right bizarre shit that was on archie and...that pen guy....
This may be my head canon here, but I think Ken Penders sued SEGA and Archie in the first place because he was jealous that writers after him took his ideas from his run and actually made them good and memorable. I mean seriously, I believe Ken Penders is a mediocre writer at his best and I'm glad that people like Ian came in and made his concepts worthwhile.

And the funny thing is that that lawsuit ended up hurting him more then SEGA or Archie, because the lawsuit made him look like a petty asshole and caused people to take a deep dive into his work and realized that's not the hot shit that he likely thinks it is.

Am i the only one who enjoys IDW sincerely?
No I'm in the same camp as you are, I do have genuine criticisms against the IDW run but I think it's been an absolute joy to get into and I've loved the new characters they introduced like Starline, Mimic, Whisper, Tangle, Rough and Tumble, Belle, Surge, Kit, and etc. I also do appreciate that, while still within SEGA's stupid guidelines, IDW has done a decent job with creating serious storylines while also allowing some characters to develop a little or get some needed fixes like Tails being brave again and shit like that.

This may be my head canon here, but I think Ken Penders sued SEGA and Archie in the first place because he was jealous that writers after him took his ideas from his run and actually made them good and memorable. I mean seriously, I believe Ken Penders is a mediocre writer at his best and I'm glad that people like Ian came in and made his concepts worthwhile.

And the funny thing is that that lawsuit ended up hurting him more then SEGA or Archie, because the lawsuit made him look like a petty asshole and caused people to take a deep dive into his work and realized that's not the hot shit that he likely thinks it is.
Yeah but actions speak louder than words and this made SEGA feel like THEY needed to do something about the mess..so they put strict mandates that made sonic feel restrictive and that's how we got the three gals..and I guess belle (she is fine but I do hope they do something with her more interesting and maybe appear in games, she feels like she might fit in out of all the IDW-original cast. Surge & Kit tied for 2nd place.)

Is it okay to edit the profiles which haven't been attended to in light of the new cosmology revision (Brotherhood of Guardians) etc.?

Back