• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not for sure anymore
From the 900th adventure reference to corruption, Ian said it's vague enough that if needed, they can say Frontiers already happened because of that reference.
Makes me wonder how many more issues will be released before we see Sage pop up in the IDW comic. She showed up at the end of The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog, and you said that the 900th issue makes mention of Sonic's corruption, so I have to guess it's got to be sooner then later in the comic.

Though one thing I would hope for if it happens is that IDW tries to humanize Dr. Eggman more through his relationship with Sage and having her continue to learn what it's like being more then an AI

Btw where did 100 something layers of Concept manip come from, and does that mean other chaos abilties have like a shitload of layers

Btw where did 100 something layers of Concept manip come from, and does that mean other chaos abilties have like a shitload of layers
It should be FAR HIGHER than 100
So the amount of layers for Chaos Energy haxes is unquantifiable but bullshittingly high

It should be FAR HIGHER than 100
So the amount of layers for Chaos Energy haxes is unquantifiable but bullshittingly high
Like to add that their has been an alteration to layers that means that, besides the likes of the temperature of heat and the number of targets of mind hax, the way you achieve resistance layers is through feats of piercing resistance and not through the likes of a thousand Chaos Emeralds would be a thousand times more potent than one.

Layering is the ability to break through resistances to one's ability/hax. Successfully using an ability against a resistant character means that the ability is "layered." Further, resisting a layered ability is an indication of layered resistance, so on and so forth. An ability becoming stronger does not automatically mean it is layered unless it is shown to overcome a resistance. Crucially this is not the same as resistance negation, against which layering is irrelevant.

Moreover, layering should not be thought of as applying to abilities which intuitively can be overcome with magnitude, such as heat resistance or analytical prediction. For instance, it is not layered fire manipulation to burn someone with a heat source hotter than they can withstand.

Last edited:
Like to add that their has been an alteration to layers that means that, besides the likes of the temperature of heat and the number of targets of mind hax, the way you achieve resistance layers is through feats of piercing resistance and not through the likes of a thousand Chaos Emeralds would be a thousand times more potent than one.
what if is stablished in verse that "more of x = greater layers of hax y"? using letters purely for example

He says "it brings nothing interesting to the table and I always need to give an explanation for why she is or isn't in a story"
That's understandable. For me, it's sort of like Knuckles.
'Why aren't you guarding the Master Emerald?'
"I don't know."
I'm completely down with Knuckles deciding that it's not his burden to bare, but, like, .

Can you be more clear, I 'm not entirely certain on what your asking.
say the verse defines an energy system "X", and that it has resistance to, say, matter manip, another char overpowers the resistance of said "X" and then another person with more "X" resists this matter manip, basically i am asking, what if a verse defines that having more of a energy system makes the haxes and resistance have more layers? would that be acceptable in "layer scaling chain"?

I'm not an Archie expert at all so this isn't to presuppose something for the verse.

I think it would need to be made clear through statements or repeated and consistent feats that such a system of layers existed.

In the final battle against Solaris, since Sonic, Silver, and Shadow communicate with each other when you switch from one character to another, shouldn't they get some sort of advanced range communication or something?

In the final battle against Solaris, since Sonic, Silver, and Shadow communicate with each other when you switch from one character to another, shouldn't they get some sort of advanced range communication or something?
That would probably be telepathy methinks.

Same with Sonic and Shadow vs Final Lizard

So. Over 30 issues away, but I wanna ask anyways: What do you guys think will happen in IDW #100?

Personally, I think there'll be an event that necessitates gather allies from all places (such as the Scrapniks). Or who knows, maybe we'll just start seeing humans again lol.

So. Over 30 issues away, but I wanna ask anyways: What do you guys think will happen in IDW #100?

Personally, I think there'll be an event that necessitates gather allies from all places (such as the Scrapniks). Or who knows, maybe we'll just start seeing humans again lol.
Maybe we'll see Sage?

Hopefully there's a brief timeskip so it starts taking place after Frontiers.

They'll get rid of Sol Dimension before we get humans back
That take was pretty wild. BUT, I won't lie, Sonic and Blaze's world's fusing and making their planets orbit around each other sounds KINDA cool.
Maybe we'll see Sage?

Hopefully there's a brief timeskip so it starts taking place after Frontiers.
I could see Sage being introduced there, I guess it would bring about much more cohesion.

Though Frontiers may already have been relegated to the last as of the 900th Adventure (left purposefully ambiguous as to whether Sonic meant the Metal Virus corruption or the Cyber Corruption). Since it's left ambiguous, one could argue Frontiers is already in the past. The main issue is figuring out when during IDW the 900th Adventure takes place.

Though Frontiers may already have been relegated to the last as of the 900th Adventure (left purposefully ambiguous as to whether Sonic meant the Metal Virus corruption or the Cyber Corruption). Since it's left ambiguous, one could argue Frontiers is already in the past. The main issue is figuring out when during IDW the 900th Adventure takes place.
the main issue is figuring out where is sonic dream team taking place

Imo if IDW Sonic was a food, it would be plain white bread that occasionally uses butter as a spread but that's about it. In layman's terms #100 might actually use a little seasoning or even a different brand of butter but I wouldn't hold my breath for toast let alone an actual chilli-dog.

I still don't understand why Archie would be better knowing that Archie had a lot of freedom, IDW is forced to follow the rules of the games

I still don't understand why Archie would be better knowing that Archie had a lot of freedom, IDW is forced to follow the rules of the games
Post-SGW Archie also followed the rules of the games but was still allowed a degree of creative liberty that isn't forced to tie-in directly into the games unlike IDW where let's be honest only serves to hold it back when the games have yoyo in terms of quality for years (story, characterisation and world building wise).

Tbh IDW Sonic is hard carried by it's art and vibrant colour palette plus a few memorable character moments.

To be honest, and in my perspective, there are pros and cons to how IDW and Archie handled the world they were given. Archie had a whole slew of variable characters, development, events, and entire story arcs that couldn't be told in the games and often times created versions that are considered better then their game counterparts, like Shadow for example. But the one big critique I had towards Archie was that, especially during the Pre SGW era, it became very oversaturated with blatant copies of preexisting characters that bogged down the continuity severely and just became unbearable at times I'm looking at all the different Echidnas and characters across the multiverse specifically.

Now on the flip side of the spectrum, IDW's smaller cast and remaining true to the games does mean that a lot of characters are given far more screen time because of the shorter pool of characters and aspects like Tails being physically more active, elaborating on Sonic's belief in life, demonstrating how threatening Eggman can be, and etc. often lead to more consistent development. But on the other hand....IDW is still subjugated to SEGA's BS mandates like the character assassination surrounding Shadow the Hedgehog and not straying too far from the games has lead to instances where the comic stagnates and it just seems like the writers want to add more to the world but just can't because SEGA's overlooking their shoulders on the daily.

So all in all, I think that Archie Sonic and IDW Sonic each have their individual strengths and weaknesses which make them both viable continuities to get into depending on your taste. But I still wish SEGA would get rid of their dumbass mandates and just let IDW go wild with freedom

IDW actually being exciting and not a snorefest.

Post-SGW had the most potential out of any continuity. IDW is pathetically sterile & quite frankly boring as hell. It plummeted off a cliff after the first 10 issues & never recovered.

should prolly get archie chaos energy evaluated here

What is the stance regarding the legitimacy of the non-Sonic Super forms in Superstars, as they’re called “super powers” and not Super Amy/Knuckles, etc.

What is the stance regarding the legitimacy of the non-Sonic Super forms in Superstars, as they’re called “super powers” and not Super Amy/Knuckles, etc.
perfect chaos is a super form, and it doesn't have ''super'' in its name, same with gemerl, and trip

Personally, and this is my completely opinionated take, I think it's just an easy cop-out for Sega to not acknowledge any Super Form except for Super Sonic alone. Unfortunately, story-wise, that's how it's been for over a decade now. EDIT: Inside the games

Last edited:
Back