• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what I remember, its because Sonic is only doing one aspect of space-time manipulation rather then doing the full blown thing and hasn't shown it in the later titles. Imagine you're running at Mach 5 and able to control the flames from your speed, only being able to fire it out and not neccessarily change its shape, only the direction where its fired, meanwhile someone else would be able to simply just generate fire in their hands and do it consistently without fail.

Apple Arcade... why???

Sonic the Hedgehog is back in Sonic Dream Team! A game packed with non-stop action and thrilling adventures!

Join Sonic and friends as they dive deep into a bizarre world of dreams! Unravel an original and captivating storyline while taking command of six dynamic playable characters. With their unique abilities, dash, climb and fly your way to victory against infamous Eggman!

Get ready to race through mind-bending dream worlds that include wall-running, gravity changes, and more! Your mission: fight to rescue your friends and battle Eggman for control of an ancient artifact that can make dreams come true.

Complete missions, fight bosses and find toys of your favourite Sonic characters to add to your ever-growing collection!

Apple Arcade... why???

Sonic the Hedgehog is back in Sonic Dream Team! A game packed with non-stop action and thrilling adventures!

Join Sonic and friends as they dive deep into a bizarre world of dreams! Unravel an original and captivating storyline while taking command of six dynamic playable characters. With their unique abilities, dash, climb and fly your way to victory against infamous Eggman!

Get ready to race through mind-bending dream worlds that include wall-running, gravity changes, and more! Your mission: fight to rescue your friends and battle Eggman for control of an ancient artifact that can make dreams come true.

Complete missions, fight bosses and find toys of your favourite Sonic characters to add to your ever-growing collection!

Seems like Sonic may get some interesting P&A.

Seems like Sonic may get some interesting P&A.
Interesting enough
I think they are quite doing a lot of "Sonic is in other worlds and places that give him powers, but as soon as the game ends, the powers are removed". First Frontiers, now this one since it takes place in a dream world... Why don't they just give Sonic new powers...

-join Sonic and friends as they dive deep into a bizarre world of dreams!
-Get ready to race through mind-bending dream worlds that include wall-running, gravity changes, and more!
Hmmm... Interesting that they're returning to the dream concept.

will it be canon and what conections will it have with Maginary world?

Those are my main questions
well,if cream appers again after like,10 years without a apparence in the games,i will say is canon,now,again,this also means that if it happens before frontiers or after

Wouldn't it be funny if, in some alternate universe, the only thing that scaled to the 2-B/2-A cosmology was The End, and Super Sonic only scaled via downscaling from him (can destroy his projectiles and slightly harm him with the charged up golden attack, badly hurt him at the end albeit Supreme had to throw him, and blocked a beam from him but was pushed back)?

Just a thought I had.

Wouldn't it be funny if, in some alternate universe, the only thing that scaled to the 2-B/2-A cosmology was The End, and Super Sonic only scaled via downscaling from him (can destroy his projectiles and slightly harm him with the charged up golden attack, badly hurt him at the end albeit Supreme had to throw him, and blocked a beam from him but was pushed back)?

Just a thought I had.
well,that will be funny

Well I'm not an Archie guy so I'm going to avoid this with a ten foot pole. Best I can say is that this revision will either go smoothly or be a bloody war of attrition

if there is ever dialogues in this new game,i wonder if one will be like ''dreams are not just mind generated places,they are has real has your mind is real,it is just beyond the physical world,like ideas,ideas are real,just beyond our physical world''

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for an Apple Arcade exclusive Sonic game to have the same level of deep and beefy dialogue as something like Sonic Frontiers, it's probably just going to be a story about Eggman wanting to use dreams for his nefarious plans and Sonic and friends got to stop him.

Also no diss to Cream fans, but I find it kind of horseshit that she was prefered by the developers over Shadow the Hedgehog or any of the Chaotix like Espio. Like come on, I want to see my favorite edgy hedgehog in a 3-D Sonic game that might be decent unlike Forces.

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for an Apple Arcade exclusive Sonic game to have the same level of deep and beefy dialogue as something like Sonic Frontiers, it's probably just going to be a story about Eggman wanting to use dreams for his nefarious plans and Sonic and friends got to stop him.

Also no diss to Cream fans, but I find it kind of horseshit that she was prefered by the developers over Shadow the Hedgehog or any of the Chaotix like Espio. Like come on, I want to see my favorite edgy hedgehog in a 3-D Sonic game that might be decent unlike Forces.
The game lacks nightmares so not edgy enough for Shadow, also Sega still has zero idea how to organically utilize Shadow after the conclusion of his story in 06 without it revolving around being "Sonic's rival".

Bouta swim the seven seas to play that game. Ain't no way I'm spending 1/4th of my soul for an IPhone and then some.
The problem is... there's no other way of playing that game

I know the joke of trying to just pirate the game, but Apple games are nearly impossible to be pirated. Mostly because they are programed in an unique way to work on proprietary processors that are by no means compatible with Windows or android.

And a translation layer to be able to emulate those games is super early in development with only a single project really attempting to emulate them, and only of the early 32-bit version and no plans to support recent projects.

Someone would really be able to be able to get the source file of the game (No idea if you can do that on Apple Arcade) and completely remake the code from the ground up.

If anything, this kinda shows how the community is completely unaware of the recent attempts anti-piracy and thinks stuff is still like the 2000s.

Like with Denuvo, the general consensus is "It is bad DRM that gets broken in one day", when in reality it's so hard to break there's only one person who does that and only outside the scene by paying great amounts of money.

This poll for the next Isekai story seems to imply that the final battle thanks to the phantom ruby will be in an infinite-sized super other-dimensional space.

スーパーソニックとエッグマンの最終決戦?2人がいるのは、無限の超異空間と化した「エッグフィールド(ステーションスクエア)」?「エッグスペース(スペシャルステージ)」?
The final battle between Super Sonic and Eggman? Are the two in the "Egg Field (Station Square)" that was turned into an infinite super other-dimensional space? or is that "Egg Space (Special Stage)"?

The problem is... there's no other way of playing that game

I know the joke of trying to just pirate the game, but Apple games are nearly impossible to be pirated. Mostly because they are programed in an unique way to work on proprietary processors that are by no means compatible with Windows or android.

And a translation layer to be able to emulate those games is super early in development with only a single project really attempting to emulate them, and only of the early 32-bit version and no plans to support recent projects.

Someone would really be able to be able to get the source file of the game (No idea if you can do that on Apple Arcade) and completely remake the code from the ground up.

If anything, this kinda shows how the community is completely unaware of the recent attempts anti-piracy and thinks stuff is still like the 2000s.

Like with Denuvo, the general consensus is "It is bad DRM that gets broken in one day", when in reality it's so hard to break there's only one person who does that and only outside the scene by paying great amounts of money.
images

You know given the current state of mobile games and the mixture of mediocrity or shovel ware which exists in the overbloated market, I wouldn't be honestly surprised if Sonic Dream turns out to be pretty average and boring to play. I mean not to judge a book by its cover here, but I'm rewatching the trailer right now and I'm thinking to myself: "Man, this game actually looks kind of uninteresting despite the dream gimmick giving SEGA a chance to go crazy with level designs and gimmicks.".

Will it be the case? Likely not, but first impressions of the game at the moment don't make Sonic Dream Team all too enticing to play or even pirate.

This poll for the next Isekai story seems to imply that the final battle thanks to the phantom ruby will be in an infinite-sized super other-dimensional space.

スーパーソニックとエッグマンの最終決戦?2人がいるのは、無限の超異空間と化した「エッグフィールド(ステーションスクエア)」?「エッグスペース(スペシャルステージ)」?
The final battle between Super Sonic and Eggman? Are the two in the "Egg Field (Station Square)" that was turned into an infinite super other-dimensional space? or is that "Egg Space (Special Stage)"?

I might be reading this wrong but is it saying that the space is a infinite-super-other dimensional space?

When I look up “other-dimensional space” I get extra dimensions as a result.

Last edited:
Back